collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Charles N'zogbia update  (Read 105878 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Charles N'zogbia update
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 12:23:31 PM »
Another massive waste of money then.  We really have a dogs luck with injuries. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 12:27:41 PM »
It should be pointed out that N'Zogbia picked up this injury while training on his own so it could have happened whoever was in charge.  In this instance I think it's just one of those things.

Offline peter w

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »
We do rack them up but at least its not long-term injuries. Okore can't really be counted as he only just broke into the team and we don't know if he would have improved us over the course of the season. Weimann, gabby, and Delph should all be back against Albion so no problem there.

Not sure its been mentioned but we haven't performed too badly without our injured players. What is it? One win and two draws?

Offline eastie

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
We do rack them up but at least its not long-term injuries. Okore can't really be counted as he only just broke into the team and we don't know if he would have improved us over the course of the season. Weimann, gabby, and Delph should all be back against Albion so no problem there.

Not sure its been mentioned but we haven't performed too badly without our injured players. What is it? One win and two draws?

Okore I believe would have had a huge part on our season - although Clark and baker have improved this season , okore was the signing last summer that really excited me - I hope after his injury he recovered fully as I feel he will be a huge part of our defence in future seasons .

The main spine of the team Guzan , Vlaar, Delph and benteke are key players to our season ahead and need to steer clear of long term injury as our key men .

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
Again with nzogbia the problem will be moving him on due to his wages and long contract .

In ways, TSM and Houllier left us a bit of a poisonous legacy but MON gets all our blame!

Makoun, N'Zogbia, Given, Hutton. At a push you could even argue Bent but I wouldn't personally.

Lambert inherited a mess that has stretched back about four years before he arrived really.

Be it bad choices or bad scouting but all our big-money signings since O'Neill (bar Benteke) have been failures. Like the kid who won't touch any wire after getting a shock off the fence, I wouldn't blame Lerner for being reticent to blow his remaining wad on big fees and wages.

Offline Merv

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »
Reminds me very much of the Dunne scenario last season. Not a peep about his progress and then a 'setback' announcement on the eve of what was supposed to be a return to training.

It's a nasty injury, the Achilles. However, at this rate N'Zog will have recovered from it slower than I did, and I doubt he's been treated by the NHS followed by weekly physio appointments.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »
Be it bad choices or bad scouting but all our big-money signings since O'Neill (bar Benteke) have been failures.

Darren Bent was not a failure.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 03:21:33 PM »
Yeah, fair do's, I'd forgotten about Dazza. Harldy a rip-roaring success either, ultimately, but all-told his goals during his first few months probably kept us up in 2011.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 04:47:16 PM »
Back in January just in time to be sold/loaned out I suspect.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »
Yeah, fair do's, I'd forgotten about Dazza. Harldy a rip-roaring success either, ultimately, but all-told his goals during his first few months probably kept us up in 2011.

I'd say that alone is good reason to not label him a failure.

Without his goals, we'd have gone down, and who knows, we might still have been there.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »

I'd hope not, I'd like to see him in the team.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »

I'd say that alone is good reason to not label him a failure.

Without his goals, we'd have gone down, and who knows, we might still have been there.

I also thought he was good for us. I remember him getting injured and never getting back into favour once he was fit. Before then he got some damn important goals for us.

Offline eastie

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
I thought bent would score a hatful at Fulham but maybe lambert was right about him, since his injury  he hasn't looked the same player - struggling to get into a poor Fulham team at the moment , but undoubtedly under houllier he was the main reason we survived that season.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »

I'd hope not, I'd like to see him in the team.

Me too. I think he has lots to offer. He's precisely the spark we need at times.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 07:58:54 PM »
Can't see him playing for us again.

Not sure anyone would take on his wages especially after a season out injured.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal