collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Charles N'zogbia update  (Read 105909 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Charles N'zogbia update
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 10:46:30 AM »
Again with nzogbia the problem will be moving him on due to his wages and long contract .

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »
I'd like to see him fit and playing for us again. He has the talent to be that creative spark we so badly lack. It's just getting consistency out of him which is the managers job. Not just toss him to one side.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 10:55:54 AM »
I'd like to see him fit and playing for us again. He has the talent to be that creative spark we so badly lack. It's just getting consistency out of him which is the managers job. Not just toss him to one side.

I agree, he could well be the missing piece of the jigsaw - has the creative ability no doubt - does he have the desire though?

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 11:18:27 AM »
Again with nzogbia the problem will be moving him on due to his wages and long contract .

In ways, TSM and Houllier left us a bit of a poisonous legacy but MON gets all our blame!

Makoun, N'Zogbia, Given, Hutton. At a push you could even argue Bent but I wouldn't personally.

Lambert inherited a mess that has stretched back about four years before he arrived really.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »

In ways, TSM and Houllier left us a bit of a poisonous legacy but MON gets all our blame!

Makoun, N'Zogbia, Given, Hutton. At a push you could even argue Bent but I wouldn't personally.

Lambert inherited a mess that has stretched back about four years before he arrived really.

Unless I'm missing someone, all MON's signings have now left the club.  So any useless drains on the wagebill can't be blamed on him anymore.  Plus, at least the players he had did well for him at the time.

Since then, the managerial turnaround we've had means that you'll always get an unbalanced squad that will take a few windows to sort out.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »

Unless I'm missing someone, all MON's signings have now left the club.

Delph?

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
It's also with the benefit of hindsight. As I recall there weren't many dissenting voices when Given or N'Zogbia were signed, the opposite in fact. Makoun's signing was heralded as he was somewhat of an unknown and it was right at the start of the MON hate campaign so someone coming in from abroad was the ultimate signing. For one reason and another none of them have proved to be good signings. As far as i'm concerned we've got N'Zogbia on our books until his contract runs out and as such he should be utilised when he regains fitness.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 12:07:32 PM »

Delph?

And you could argue Guzan I suppose.

Offline eastie

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 12:09:52 PM »

Delph?

I was waiting for this reply  , someone always comes in with this one when the discussion is had, - although as the gentleman says it can be argued as true as mon did originally sign him .
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:50:11 PM by eastie »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 12:10:46 PM »

Delph?

Tut tut tut , someone always comes in with this one when the discussion is had, - although as the gentleman says it can be argued as true as mon did originally sign him .

So no need for the tut tut tut then?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »

Delph?

Tut tut tut , someone always comes in with this one when the discussion is had, - although as the gentleman says it can be argued as true as mon did originally sign him .

So no need for the tut tut tut then?

Not really, no.

Offline eastie

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »
Was a tut in a nice way ;)  , I was waiting for guzans name and you obliged clampy - it's something that comes up often as does why Barry didn't take the penalty - some will say Guzan is now classed as a lambert signing although it is true mon originally brought him in .
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:55:57 PM by eastie »

Offline peter w

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »
You could argue that O'Neill's teams were better conditioned and so lasted the season relatively injury free. You could also argue that the lack of conditioning and fitness seen from O'Neill's teams meant that from march onwards we could barely stand up for 90 minutes.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »
We may not have many of MON's players left, we do still have the damaged he caused though in wasted millions. Our chairman is now over paranoid about spending and has lost a lot of money but no real return. Imagine if Lambert had the money MON did, although the General did say that about TSM.

Offline eastie

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 12:21:14 PM »
You could argue that O'Neill's teams were better conditioned and so lasted the season relatively injury free. You could also argue that the lack of conditioning and fitness seen from O'Neill's teams meant that from march onwards we could barely stand up for 90 minutes.

Indeed , and a case can be made for both of those arguments - don't train as much and you get less injuries but as the season takes its toll fitness becomes a major issue regarding lasting the pace.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal