collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by London Villan
[Today at 06:35:55 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 06:26:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:15:07 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279472 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1380 on: May 15, 2018, 12:26:36 AM »
We do have another option at RB in De Laet, assuming he comes back to us after his loan is finished.

According to Transfermarkt, Antwerp have an option to buy. So his availability will depend on their willingness to buy him/ability to pay.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1381 on: May 15, 2018, 12:06:39 PM »
It won't surprise me to see Traore being played in a more central role tomorrow with Penis launching long balls over the top of Terry or Chester for him to run on to.
If this happens, we might be best off with Bjarni in the holding MF role. Either that, or we engineer that TRraore accidently runs into Terry early on in the game.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1382 on: May 15, 2018, 01:14:38 PM »
I think that whilst everyone appreciates Alan Hutton's spirit, maybe more could notice that he has also improved a great deal as a footballer. I think his overall game has just got better and better, and not just because he tries hard.

Totally agree with this Amfy

Absolutely. I was one who wanted rid of Hutton because his headless runs forward always left us exposed and he never seemed to listen as well as being hot-headed in challenges.

Since Bruce came in though, he's applied himself, rarely gets caught out, makes good challenges, doesn't lose his head and has been a top pro. Whether he'd be good enough for the Premier League I'm not sure, but he deserves another year I'd say.

I think he one one of a very, very small group that could hold him head high the season we were relegated. Since then he's at times, single-handedly, tried to drag our sorry carcass forward. This season Snodgrass has joined his attempts to fight and attack, the big difference now is Hutton is playing a more disciplined game defensively, maybe because he doesn't have the same cover on the left when he advances but as Amfy rightly points out, he's improved along the season and it's no surprise Bruce not only admires him but would love to offer him a new contract.

My guess is Newco Rangers will offer him a longer deal in the summer.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1383 on: May 15, 2018, 11:50:19 PM »
I've just read that a missing person's report has been filed looking for a young black man with rather stupid yellow hair and beard, impersonating a footballer with talent. Last seen in the pocket a bald white, tattooed Brazilian originally of Scottish ancestry.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #1384 on: May 16, 2018, 12:04:04 AM »
40,000 Alan Hutton  cardboard face masks for the 26th. 
Despite huge stick, he has been a proper club player.  Not the best player ever to wear our shirt but has been there through thick n thin.  We need to keep him if we stay down or go up.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #1385 on: May 16, 2018, 12:08:48 AM »
40,000 Alan Hutton  cardboard face masks for the 26th. 
Despite huge stick, he has been a proper club player.  Not the best player ever to wear our shirt but has been there through thick n thin.  We need to keep him if we stay down or go up.

I'll have one please

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1386 on: May 16, 2018, 07:29:46 AM »
Hutton was excellent last night and Adama was Adama.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1387 on: May 16, 2018, 07:31:43 AM »

I know Adomah has been poor of late compared to his mid-season form, but my god am I glad we got rid of Adama Traore. Bar one or two little moments, I don't understand the fuss at all.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:35:45 AM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1388 on: May 16, 2018, 07:35:31 AM »
Agreed - the ultimate footballing charlatan and  media talk of him interesting PL clubs is totally barmy.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1389 on: May 16, 2018, 07:39:33 AM »
Agreed - the ultimate footballing charlatan and  media talk of him interesting PL clubs is totally barmy.

He played for Barcelona don't you know ;)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1390 on: May 16, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »
He's also done well for them this season. He just came up against a better team in these games....

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1391 on: May 16, 2018, 12:29:59 PM »

I know Adomah has been poor of late compared to his mid-season form, but my god am I glad we got rid of Adama Traore. Bar one or two little moments, I don't understand the fuss at all.
Well, he was dangerous enough for us to allocate a player to track him wherever he was on the pitch and double or triple up on him when he got near the ball.  That suggests to me he's pretty dangerous and certainly other players will have had more space because of it.  But yes, we nullified him which was down to Bruce's tactics and Huttons excellence.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #1392 on: May 16, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »

Well, he was dangerous enough for us to allocate a player to track him wherever he was on the pitch and double or triple up on him when he got near the ball.  That suggests to me he's pretty dangerous and certainly other players will have had more space because of it.  But yes, we nullified him which was down to Bruce's tactics and Huttons excellence.

I think you are probably right.

He was their main threat so we were able to focus on nullifying him. If they had a couple of other dangerous players we would have had our resources spread more thinly and that could have been a different story.

This is my fear for Fulham - Mitrovic, Sessegnon, Cairney are all good players.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1393 on: May 16, 2018, 04:32:32 PM »
not as good as their Wolves counterparts and look what we did to them. We can do this.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1394 on: May 16, 2018, 04:52:15 PM »
Sure I heard Adama has a combined 16 gs/ga in the league this season, so he's no mug. I love watching players like and I'd take a punt that barring injury he'll have a much better career than Albert. We did a great job on him but as has been said, we targeted him as their main danger and managed to nullify him, better quality around him (and not such a negative manager) and the space left from 3 players often going to Adama could have been exploited.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal