collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279379 times)

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Alan Hutton - new three year contract signed
« Reply #630 on: September 26, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »
Reading some of the comments on here you would think Hutton has miraculously transformed into Lahm and Zabaleta combined. He has been ok nothing more. 3 year deal is silly.

But not as silly as offering serial underachiever Agbonlahor an even longer contract.
Gabby has if anything achieved more than I expected. He has over the years won us important games with crucial goals. He has played in positions he has not been accustomed too. He came through as a central striker with pace and a knack for goal. He has been a very good player for us and we miss him when he does not play well. I feel at times because of the roles he is asked to play he will be criticised more than most.
He deserves his contract.

As for Hutton I never rated and was not a fan before we signed him. However his years in the shadows have made me feel more warmly to him. His professionalism has been outstanding after the way the club has outcast him for I think the financial reasons. He has shown he is a good full back and bloody hell those words 'good full back' have barely been uttered here at B^ for some time. He might not be the best, but he's very good and very committed and a bloody good pro. His contract is deserved as well too.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #631 on: November 27, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
Villa Boast the Most Effective Tackler in the Premier League

Defender Alan Hutton has appeared rejuvenated this season and that new confidence has bred similar results on the pitch. He’s won a remarkable 95.2% of his 21 attempted challenges this season, conceding just six fouls. This makes him the most effective tackler in the Barclays Premier League this term.

According to stats ...............................Godzvilla!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #632 on: November 27, 2014, 10:15:59 PM »
He's our POS to date by a stretch

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #633 on: November 27, 2014, 10:24:04 PM »

Can't argue with that.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #634 on: November 27, 2014, 10:35:26 PM »
We're probably the team that's done the most defending and had least ball possession too.

Offline peter w

« Reply #635 on: November 27, 2014, 10:40:24 PM »
Defensively he has done well but not happy with his link-up play going forward. there he has been poor.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #636 on: November 27, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »
It makes you wonder how good it would be to have a quick, tricky traditional winger in front of him?
He's solid at the back and a decent winger could attack knowing he's covered at the back.
Not that Lambert would try that mind.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2014, 12:58:12 AM »
Defensively he has done well but not happy with his link-up play going forward. there he has been poor.

Would agree.  He is still capable of the odd howler on the ball and the same applies to Cissokho.   

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2014, 04:52:44 AM »
It makes you wonder how good it would be to have a quick, tricky traditional winger in front of him?
He's solid at the back and a decent winger could attack knowing he's covered at the back.
Not that Lambert would try that mind.

That's the frustration with Lambert. We can all see it but the so called expert can't. Given how good a player Benteke is, one would think we need to get the ball in the box much more often. If the big man played for a better team, he'd score shit loads.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #639 on: November 28, 2014, 05:42:10 AM »

Spot on.

I saw the thread bumped and came in terrified he had got the inevitable training ground injury.

Never thought I would see the day I would be so scared of losing him. Fair play to Alan.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #640 on: November 28, 2014, 07:23:13 AM »
I cannot agree that he has looked poor going forwards at all. He regularly looks our most threatening player, which is a massive indictment against the McLiesh football Lambert is deploying.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #641 on: November 28, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »
I cannot agree that he has looked poor going forwards at all. He regularly looks our most threatening player, which is a massive indictment against the McLiesh football Lambert is deploying.

I agree. Attacking was always the best feature of his game but he has worked on his defensive side and it has improved immensely.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #642 on: November 28, 2014, 10:14:51 AM »

True dat.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #643 on: November 28, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »

He's always looking for a bit of the give-and-go, the old 1-2. Unfortunately, the other participant of it rarely seems to be on the same wavelength.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #644 on: November 29, 2014, 02:03:07 AM »
He will be crucial in stopping Burnley's dangerous left-hand side tomorrow.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal