collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 278393 times)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Alan McCafu
« on: November 12, 2013, 12:40:22 PM »
Alan Hutton despite turning in some top notch performances for Gordon Strachan appears to be the forgotten man of Villa Park. Considering he has had no first team action his colleagues in the Scotland set up rate him highly. What is going on?. You would think Lambert if he wants him out would let him go back to Spain either on loan again or as a permanent fixture.

But no. I can only assume its financial as Lambert has said in the past 'he trains well'

Im well aware that some of you dont rate him at all but if you can play as he did against a top team like Croatia where he was the best player on the pitch you would think he deserves a second chance to impress the faithfull. Lambert obviously has his favorites (KEA) and chooses to ignore those who in his view cross him, young Carruthers comes to mind  in this respect.

But as the club is short of money it does seem wasteful not to utilise one of the playing staff who has made it clear that he wants to play football at the top level and judging from his international performances of late could do just that.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:25:32 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline eastie

Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:42:07 PM »
We have Lowton and bacuna ahead of him at right back- no room for him here now .

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
I genuinely think he's crap, so totally understand why he's not getting a look in.

I didn't know he played well against Croatia, but having seen him play in the PL for us over a period of time, I don't really want him anywhere near the first team. That might not be the case if he played in a position where we had few options but he doesn't.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 12:44:18 PM »
Is he better than Bacuna -no
Lowton-No
Herd-No

He is not good enough and no one wants to sign him , let him go to Rangers on a free come Jan and move on.

Carruthers getting experience at MK Dons

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »
From The Torygraph:

Barry Bannan bemused by Alan Hutton's treatment at Aston Villa

Former Aston Villa midfielder, now with Crystal Palace, is at a loss as to why his former team-mate has been frozen out by Paul Lambert

Former Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan believes that there are grounds for a 'Hutton Inquiry' at Villa Park into the mystery surrounding the treatment of full-back Alan Hutton, whose last appearance for the Midlands club was 18 months ago.

The 28-year-old has been ostracised by manager Paul Lambert since his arrival in the summer of 2012. Between August and October of last year his only competitive games were for Scotland. He was then sent out on loan, at first to Nottingham Forest and then Real Mallorca.

Villa refused to allow the player to return to Spain this season and he has been forced to train with the club’s youth team. In spite of that, the four appearances Hutton has made for the national team during the current campaign have been hailed by manager Gordon Strachan as the best of his international career.

Bannan, now with Crystal Palace, is at a loss as to why he has been frozen out by Lambert.

“He’s been brilliant,” he said. “I found it tough fitness-wise playing for Scotland when I wasn’t involved with my club.

“When he’s played, I think his performances have been unbelieveable. I can’t remember the last time he had a club game but his fitness levels have been amazing.”

Stoke City playmaker Charlie Adam, appearing on Sky Sports’ The Fantasy Football Club programme last weekend, named Hutton as one of the best 11 players he has appeared alongside and claimed that he was the best right-back Villa have at their disposal.

“I’d agree [with that assessment] but I don’t know all the ins and outs of what is going on there. I’d say he’s been brilliant with Scotland. It’s mad, really: if you are not involved with your club and you come away here and put in those performances you’d think other clubs would see that.

“I’m amazed he’s not had a move. When we played against England at Wembley in August I thought he was terrific and I was sure someone would have watched that and a move would come off.

“However, it will surely happen for him in January as his form with Scotland has been tremendous.” 

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »
Best player in a Scotland team isn't saying much!

Doesn't fit in with our current style - and his attitude must be something to do with it. Also not good for team morale if he is earning more than those who are playing better than him.

He could have gone elsewhere if he had accepted less money - which says a lot for his priorities.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 01:03:57 PM »
For everyone's sake let's hope his performances for Scotland get him a move in January.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 01:05:02 PM »
Has to be personal between lambert & Hutton.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
Has to be personal between lambert & Hutton.

Why, when there is a mountain of evidence to suggest he is a poor player?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »
Now, I'm no Columbo, but my guess is that being fucking useless at PL level despite numerous oppotunities to prove otherwise has contributed to his absence. A lawyer for the prosecution could bore the tears out of the jury with video evidence of his continued and repetitive gashness in a Villa shirt, in addition to testimony from wingers who have been molested and abused with the football nowhere in sight.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
To be fair when I have seen him play for scotland has has look alright. But he has also looked totally shit when playing for us and that is what counts.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
He gave the Pride of the Midlands another excuse (as if they needed ) to come out with more sanctimonious bilge when he hacked Shane Long down, with what was, in fairness, an horrendous tackle.

That is reason enough for him to never play for us again.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 01:21:24 PM »
Now, I'm no Columbo, but my guess is that being fucking useless at PL level despite numerous oppotunities to prove otherwise has contributed to his absence. A lawyer for the prosecution could bore the tears out of the jury with video evidence of his continued and repetitive gashness in a Villa shirt, in addition to testimony from wingers who have been molested and abused with the football nowhere in sight.

After the videos the next piece of evidence would be his current contract, which is probably the biggest obstacle to a move to Real Mallorca, north of the border or wherever.

There is also this thread:

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=47768.msg2130654#msg2130654

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 01:24:33 PM »
If he's so good, why has nobody of note been willing to take him on? Didn't he turn down a couple of offers in the summer - in which case he's not entirely blameless for his lack of match practice.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 01:43:09 PM »
I don't have an issue with his contract because we offered it and he should get every penny as stomach churning as that is to contemplate. However I'm sure if he really wanted to play he could have negotiated a move away from the club. Same with Given. Hutton's not in a Villa shirt because he's a complete liability and last season was unbearable defensively without running the risk of having to be reduced to 10 men every game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal