collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279699 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1635 on: August 08, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
Was my favourite player at times last season.   He had stoning games at left back and was delighted when he was given another year. 

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1636 on: August 08, 2018, 07:24:39 PM »
There's only one thing better than a great Villa goal and that's the scene of Villa fans going crazy celebrating one. Tuesday nights images were right up there with Gabby scoring at the Sty. The fact we were already 2-1 up only confirms how much the Villa fans must love Hutton, especially those that see him week in, week out.

I started to see towards the end of last season Hutton has a few more tricks in his locker and isn't afraid to use them. A few more goals this season would be no more than the man deserves.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1637 on: August 11, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »
Was player of match v Hull (unlike Elmo who sky awards to)

I would expect a couple more goals and assists as he is at home today

But in all seriousness deserve to keep his place.

What would be interesting in any 3-5-2 this season if he played in the back 3 .

Offline supertom

« Reply #1638 on: August 11, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »
Hutton's turnaround here has been nothing short of astonishing. His attitude an absolute credit. His first season was dire. Then the bomb squad debacle left most feeling that he, along with a few others, was a turd that wouldn't flush.
That he never bad mouthed us and that he came back and gave 110% when we sheepishly reversed the bomb squad, was also testament to what a top pro the man is (because we treated him like shite). When he did get the call back I thought he played well. In our relegation season he was one of a handful who could hold their heads up and say they gave it their best. Since we dropped, he's been a reliable pro further still. Every time you think it's the end of the road here for Hutt's, he turns it around. He's also chosen to stay here on a one year deal rather than walk away to offers of two year deals at other clubs which were put before him and at his age that's very commendable. It's clear to me he loves the club, he's got great affinity with the fans and he's also kept himself in great nick. You could see in his face when he scored that goal just how much it meant to him. Wonderful scenes.

At the end of McLeish's season, not one of us thought Alan Hutton would still be here beyond 2013, let alone 2019. It's astonishing but McGrath love him, he's a cult hero. I suspect I may not be alone, but I may find that I get a bit of dust in my eyes around the fateful day when he finally waves goodbye to the club. That's going to be a sad day for me.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1639 on: August 11, 2018, 01:03:43 PM »
Well-put, Thomas.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1640 on: August 11, 2018, 01:21:19 PM »
They keep offering sacrifices to the bald god Hut Ton. If you think about it that way, it makes sense.

The more full-backs we sign (or attempt to) the more his powers grow. Scoring Maradona-esque goals now and allsorts.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1641 on: August 11, 2018, 02:58:37 PM »
Agree Supertom.  It wouldn't surpise me at all if he completes a full 10 years here.  He's well deserving of a testimonial when he does hang up his boots anyway.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #1642 on: August 11, 2018, 09:52:49 PM »
He did a kind of pirrouete on the ball today beating a defender -  this was in the first half - that if Ryan Giggs had done it the media would have been gushing over.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1643 on: August 12, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »
Would have preferred him a right back just because that's where he plays !

He's not the same on left despite efforts and causing issue with him and Jedinak as left centre back

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1644 on: August 22, 2018, 09:26:57 AM »
Bruce has some very good words on Aston Villa’s longest-serving player, Alan Hutton:

“If I had 11 players like Alan Hutton, with his desire, enthusiastic and work ethic, I’d take that,”

"He was in the bomb-squad a few times but I’ve picked him more than anyone and he’s as fit now as he was when I had him at Sunderland a few years ago,”

“The way he trains and looks after himself and his fitness levels are quite ridiculous for his age.

“He never misses training, touch wood. He trains and plays like it’s his last day

“He’s grasped one thing more than most – that when you get a bit older you have to work harder at it because it doesn’t come as naturally to you as it did when you were 24.

“So he works and trains and looks after himself and runs.

“There can’t be a better 33-year-old physically, I think that would be impossible.

“He’s in wonderful condition and that’s all down to him. Terrific he is.

“No matter what kind of supporter you are they associate with that. They know he had a bit of a tough time but he rolls his sleeves up and he gets on with it and gives you everything he’s got, week-in, week-out.

“I think I’ve picked him more than any other player since I’ve been here. He epitomises what I want from my players.

“Yes, he makes the odd mistake now and again, don’t we all? But by God I love his attitude to being a professional footballer and the way he plays is quite refreshing these days."

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1645 on: August 22, 2018, 11:39:17 AM »
I still don't rate him, has done well going forward on the left but still can't defend.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #1646 on: August 25, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »
An absolute shocker today. A shit right back having a mare at stand in left back.
Distribution of an Amazon Prime delivery driver.
Running like he has a bomb stuck to his foot.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1647 on: August 25, 2018, 09:44:38 PM »
Great attitude, poor footballer. Adequate for this level though.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #1648 on: August 25, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »
We need a left footer at left back, Hutton slows the game down coming back onto his right foot. I love Hutton's attitude, but he should be right back or nowhere

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #1649 on: August 25, 2018, 09:57:31 PM »
We need a left footer at left back, Hutton slows the game down coming back onto his right foot. I love Hutton's attitude, but he should be right back or nowhere

It’s difficult when we have 5 rights backs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal