collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279772 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1620 on: June 17, 2018, 09:56:27 PM »
Well i'm not begrudge him getting a new contract though why they announced earlier he wasn't getting one is bewildering. Where they that confident of going up and not wanting him?

Did the club announce he was being released though or was that just the papers? I don't seem to recall the club saying anything to be fair.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1621 on: June 17, 2018, 09:58:44 PM »
He was on the list of released players.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1622 on: June 17, 2018, 09:59:47 PM »
Prior to Black Saturday the suggestion was that he was in line for a new contract regardless of the result.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #1623 on: June 17, 2018, 10:16:12 PM »
Well i'm not begrudge him getting a new contract though why they announced earlier he wasn't getting one is bewildering. Where they that confident of going up and not wanting him?

Did the club announce he was being released though or was that just the papers? I don't seem to recall the club saying anything to be fair.

Steve Bruce has confirmed Aston Villa are NOT in a position to offer Alan Hutton a new contract due to their ongoing battle with Financial Fair Play.

Hutton, 33, has been in excellent form for Villa this season and Bruce has selected him from the start in 16 of the last 18 Championship fixtures.

The Scottish defender is out of contract at the end of the season and recently approached the manager to discuss the possibility of a renewal only to be told an extension was off the table.

Despite Hutton’s disappointment, Bruce insists it’s ‘not the end of the world’ for the defender and expects plenty of suitors. The Villa manager also refused to rule out a u-turn - but that depends on what division Villa are in come the end of the campaign.

“I think I said to Alan, I had to be honest with him to say, ‘Look, at this position where we are we’re not in a position to offer anybody a new contract’,” Bruce told Birmingham Mail columnist Tom Ross.

“The way the situation with the club is in finances and Financial Fair Play and I think we all need to know where we are, whether we’re in the Championship or we’re in the Premier League - if we’re in the Championship we’ll have to cut, it’s as straightforward as that.

“I’ve spoken to the people above me and we’re not in a position to offer anybody a new contract just yet. Alan Hutton has been in a situation where I’ve been here for 15 months and he’s done terrifically well. But we’ll have to look after the club and sometimes my job is to look after the club too.

“Let’s see where we are and see what happens. It’s not the end of the world for Alan Hutton because I’ve no doubt there will be takers from what we’re seeing at the moment. For a 33-year-old, it’s quite remarkable his fitness levels and what he trains like every day.

“He knows what I think of him but at this situation in time we’re not in a position to go forward with any of them.”

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1624 on: August 08, 2018, 11:51:35 AM »
Looking at this ! Needs an update ! And come on H And V let's honour him !!

We have a thread and am nearly amazed it's not been spoken on as I'm amazed by the goal v Hull!!

An amazing display.
I think only one (silly) foul and must be managed right . Rotation at times but is absolutely superb on way he played and despite the ridiculous yellow ( come on ref he's scores like one every 7 years) I was super happy seeing him and the Villa faithful .

Scottish cafu is affectionate witticism that I can get a bit more now ( despite perhaps a villa chant irony?? ) It was certainly of a high calibre.

Man of match for me and not Elmo.
Well played Alan Hutton!!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1625 on: August 08, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »
I've been fond of Hutton for a good while now.  As far as I'm concerned he was one of the few who could hold his head high during the seasons leading to relegation and in my view has been one of our better players whilst in the Championship.

He's been a very decent servant to the club and I'm glad he's still on board.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1626 on: August 08, 2018, 05:13:16 PM »
His attitude has always been a credit to him. Even in friendlies he plays the same as he would in a league match.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1627 on: August 08, 2018, 06:10:28 PM »

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1628 on: August 08, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »
His professionalism, loyalty and heart can't be questioned. Oddly looked a better left back last season than he did at right back and marked Traore out of the play-off games. For where we are, he's just what we need.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1629 on: August 08, 2018, 06:57:17 PM »
I love him.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1630 on: August 08, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »
I love him more.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1631 on: August 08, 2018, 07:09:03 PM »
I love him best, so there.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1632 on: August 08, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »
He's been great.  Brilliant attitude and looks very good in either full back position.  The play off final error was mostly John Terry's fault as well.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1633 on: August 08, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
He’s an admirable character, I feel like he’s properly fought for his Villa career.

Online Clampy

« Reply #1634 on: August 08, 2018, 07:18:38 PM »
He won me over when he went to left back. I thought he was hopeless at right back when he first come if I'm honest but what a class act he's been in terms of commitment and attitude.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal