collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279395 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1320 on: February 03, 2018, 05:30:14 AM »
My favourite player at the club too.

It really is shit or bust this season isn’t it, there is going to be a major overhaul of the squad in the summer whatever happens.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #1321 on: February 03, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »
He can stay for now, but if we get promotion then yeah he should be one of the first to be shipped out in the summer.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1322 on: February 03, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »
So Gabby doesn't get one then ?

Fucking well hope not!

I hope we give Terry another year though, assuming he will want to play in the top division if we get up. If we don't get up we should still try although I guess he will be one of the highest earners.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1323 on: February 04, 2018, 12:07:13 AM »
Well i guess that statement on Hutton is fair enough, and it's good to see they've done the same for Gabby

Steve Bruce has confirmed Aston Villa are NOT in a position to offer Gabby Agbonlahor a new contract due to his ongoing battle with the new owners policy of only giving out contracts to footballers.

Agbonlahor, 31, has been in excellent form in the gym and on social media this season and Bruce has selected him to sit next to the emergency exit doors on the coach for 5 out of the last 10 away Championship fixtures.

The England forward is out of contract at the end of the season and recently approached the manager to discuss the possibility of a renewal only to be told that "For the last time you don't work here, this is a pub mate', and 'just go outside, first left at the roundabout and walk up the road and you can't miss it. It's the big stadium thingy on the right"

Despite Gabby'’s disappointment, Bruce insists it’s ‘not the end of the world’ for the attacker but expects plenty of suitors if it was doomsday. The Villa manager also refused to rule out a u-turn - but that depends on 'some sort of natural or man-made disaster wiping out the entire first team, reserves, youth team and possibly all human life'.

“I think I said to Gabby and I have to be honest with you, i thought he did the laundry, but i did say ‘Look, at this position where we are, we’re not in a position to offer anybody a new contract.  He's not being singled out. If Emile Heskey walked in today i'd tell him the same” Bruce told punchable  Birmingham Mail columnist Tom Ross.

“The way the situation with the club is in finances and Financial Fair Play, I think we all need to know where we are. Whether we’re in the Championship or we’re in the Premier League, Randy Lerner is not coming back and i can't see us ever having a financial fuckwitt giving out contracts like that in charge again".

“I’ve spoken to the people above me about Gabby and we’re not in a position to offer anybody a new contract just yet, but the door is not closed. Well they said something about not slamming the door anyway. Gabby has been in a situation where I’ve been here for 15 months and he’s done terrifically well explaining to the lads where the emergency exits are on the coach and how to smash the windows in the event of a crash. But Richards is my first choice for that role and Gabby knows this".

“Let’s see where we are and see what happens. It’s not the end of the world for Gabby because I’ve no doubt there will be takers from what we’re seeing at the moment in North Korea. If World War 3 kicks off and people are dying all over the place then things could change in a split second .For a 31-year-old given his lifestyle, it’s quite remarkable he can still stand and walk into the dressing room"

“He knows what I think of him but that's never stopped him.”

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1324 on: February 21, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
Thought he deserved a mention last night as at least he kept driving forward trying to make something happen (one of such surges leading to the soft penalty being awarded). Fair play to him. Not the most gifted of players but even though he's being played out of position, his future is up in the air, he applies himself and doesn't go missing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:41:21 AM by Diablo »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1325 on: February 21, 2018, 10:37:04 AM »
That shot was a bit of a rocket. A foot to the left and it was going to break the back of the net.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1326 on: February 21, 2018, 10:58:09 AM »
He deserves massive credit for an excellent attitude and professionalism despite the total lack of professionalism of one or two managers in their attitudes towards him over the years, and this latest situation which really is just unfortunate for all. He's always stood up and been counted as one of the only players to give a shit when we've had poor spells, and his dedication to the Villa should not go unnoticed or unrewarded. If only the whole team approached every game the way he does, we'd have no issues going back up.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1327 on: February 21, 2018, 11:46:00 AM »
Unlucky not to score.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1328 on: February 21, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
If we are still in this division come next year and we dont offer him a new contract, we are weaker for it with Taylor likely to step in.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1329 on: February 21, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »
That shot was a bit of a rocket. A foot to the left and it was going to break the back of the net.

That shot had shades of Collymore against Atletico back in the day.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1330 on: February 21, 2018, 12:11:25 PM »
If that shot had gone in last night, there would be a thread on here today asking for donations towards a statue for him at VP.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1331 on: February 21, 2018, 12:33:03 PM »
He deserves massive credit for an excellent attitude and professionalism despite the total lack of professionalism of one or two managers in their attitudes towards him over the years, and this latest situation which really is just unfortunate for all. He's always stood up and been counted as one of the only players to give a shit when we've had poor spells, and his dedication to the Villa should not go unnoticed or unrewarded. If only the whole team approached every game the way he does, we'd have no issues going back up.

Spot on. I was going to post something similar. Possibly the only player who could hold his head up high regarding his performances the year we went down.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #1332 on: February 21, 2018, 12:41:39 PM »

Spot on. I was going to post something similar. Possibly the only player who could hold his head up high regarding his performances the year we went down.

Which given how we as a club binned him off for so long, speaks volumes of his personality and lack of resentment. It was nice to hear the Scottish Cafu chant while taking my wife to her first game in Europe on Saturday.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1333 on: February 21, 2018, 12:47:32 PM »

Fully agree.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1334 on: February 21, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »

Fully agree.
Seconded - he was one of only a couple of players who came out with any credit last night -  he is limited skill wise but he always puts in a shift - I wish we had someone like that in the centre of midfield - ie a tenacious hard working Des Bremner/ James Milner type player

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal