collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cardiff fans in P8  (Read 12427 times)

Offline Kingthing

Re: Cardiff fans in P8
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
I seriously doubt it.

I'm not usually a "they're bringing 10,000 in the Holte" type of person but he's a pretty good source on all things Yanited.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »
Hope you did a Huttonesque challenge on the Yanited twat then.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 09:34:38 PM »

When the Chelsea fans went on the pitch last season, there was one who stayed on there for some time and stood out in his white top. At no stage did they attempt to nick that bloke. Something very strange about the whole thing as others who have only dipped their toe on the pitch have been sought out and taken out of the ground.
[/quote]

Was it Roman Abramovich?
[/quote]
John Terry?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
Got a link DC5?

I got a bit mixed up. There was something about a bunch of ours, safely mouthing behind the Police, at the Cardiff going into the turnstiles and a bit more about the trouble by P8, even with mention of a bottle being thrown. There was nothing else about outside. I just googled 'cardiff city message boards' and read through a long string of posts on various subjects. When you read these things you get the feeling that a great number of people are totally pissed off with people playing up all the time. I suppose if you could get access to the secret hooligan message boards you would see the other side of it with all the 'fair play', 'inbreds', 'it was well on top' garbage that those things are full of.
I was doing the Safe Standing thing in the Lions' Club on Sat'day and had to walk through loads of Cardiff fans queuing up to get in at 10 to 3.
Expected to get some stick but they just seemed a bit pissed, loud and in good spirits. Even moved aside to let me through carrying the box of surveys, clipboards etc.
Felt quite sorry that they had fuck all to sing about all game and all the way home.
All heart, me. ;-)
UTV

Offline nico2708

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »

Be warned, the Manc's are coming. I've just played footy with a season ticket holder who told me he knows of at least 20 that have their tickets  in P8 (he's not going)

i know some Manc fans who have got tickets in P7

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 09:57:12 PM »
Like Noses in the Holte.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 10:01:26 PM »
Like Noses in the Holte.

That has a wonderful lyrical quality Ads

"Like Noses in the Holte,
they wither unto dust..."

The Manure will have a few scattered about - we play "spot the Manc" every year - I only dislike the ones who bring their kids in and then mouth off about bullying - I'm not going to punch the child ;-)

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 08:04:45 AM »
It is common knowledge that they jump over the turnstiles in Witton Lane (not the away fans area) so we expect to see a few of the twats.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 08:13:11 AM »
They do like to jib in.

If those that have bought tickets keep their heads down while we take apart their upper mid-table outfit, then fair dinkum, live and let live.

Offline eastie

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »
They do like to jib in.

If those that have bought tickets keep their heads down while we take apart their upper mid-table outfit, then fair dinkum, live and let live.

I agree , its common sense to not draw attention to yourself as an away fan in the home end - those who do should be heaved out .
On occassions I have had the odd away fan next to me they have behaved fine and been no problem - I know its difficult to control when your team scores having often been in the other end at villa away games , but the general rule is don't show your colours and you shouldn't cause a problem.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »
They do like to jib in.

I agree , its common sense to not draw attention to yourself as an away fan in the home end - those who do should be heaved out .
On occassions I have had the odd away fan next to me they have behaved fine and been no problem - I know its difficult to control when your team scores having often been in the other end at villa away games , but the general rule is don't show your colours and you shouldn't cause a problem.
Vs Liverpool I had a scouser next to me up in P8. He might as well have worn his shirt but he kept his head down and didn't jump when they scored. He did, however get his Samsung Galaxy out to text someone - the Galaxy had a huge fuck-off pic of Steeevie Gee as its wallpaper.  I advised him to put it away for his own safety or at least change the wallpaper. He was a good lad and we enjoyed a good chat and some friendly banter.  If all away fans were as well behaved the I would welcome them - in fact we always sit in the Fulham side of the "neutral end" when we go to Craven Cottage simply so the old fella can enjoy the game while sitting.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
The odd away fan in a home end is ok if they act respectful. Admit it, we've all sat behind enemy lines from time to time. Problem with Yanited fans is they don't understand the rules. That's why they often get slapped as a couple did last season in the Doug Ellis upper.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »
The odd away fan in a home end is ok if they act respectful. Admit it, we've all sat behind enemy lines from time to time.
How else would we have got into Luton or grounds being redeveloped, such as Anfield and St.James Park?
However, there were valid reasons for that.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2013, 11:13:57 PM »
Tickets  on general sale - so I guess there will be plenty of plastics in the home areas.It wont be Armageddon , but very annoying if your in the vicinity of one them  .I wish the club wouldn't release tickets general sale for Liverpool & man ure, it smacks of profit over the home fans wishes.
I might be wrong here(and I am not defending his tenure) but when Doug was in charge I don't think tickets for these games went on general sale.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 11:14:53 PM »
Tickets  on general sale - so I guess there will be plenty of plastics in the home areas.It wont be Armageddon , but very annoying if your in the vicinity of one them  .I wish the club wouldn't release tickets general sale for Liverpool & man ure, it smacks of profit over the home fans wishes.
I might be wrong here(and I am not defending his tenure) but when Doug was in charge I don't think tickets for these games went on general sale.

They did.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal