collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cardiff fans in P8  (Read 12355 times)

Offline andyaston

Cardiff fans in P8
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »
Did anyone see what happened with the Cardiff fans next to the P8 section in the upper Witton Lane? I just saw the end of a fracas with a Cardiff and Villa fan before the stewards got involved. Saw one jump back in the away section, it seemed a bit dodgy though, they looked like throw backs from the 80s.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
Re: Cardiff fans in P8
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »
They were indeed throw backs not too sure how many got over but it could have turned nasty as there were 4 stewards in a group keeping the Cardiff fans back. If they really wanted to get over it would have been easy as all the stewards were together so they could have got across anywhere. In the end they just resorted to kicking the partition and basically singing.
     Thats all i saw as this was happening as i was exiting the seating area from the front of the Upper tier.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »
I sit there. They could quite easily have got across if they had wanted to as stewarding and police presence was minimal but did not. I saw nothing that concerned me (I'm an abject coward and would have run away).

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:07:08 PM »
I heard, on here I think, that one of them got his head punched. Their message boards talk of trouble outside the ground as well.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 12:02:46 AM »
Got a link DC5?

Offline villajk

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 03:19:07 AM »
Got a link DC5?
Good win mildly spoilt by the Cardiff dickhead who jumped the barrier up in P8 and promptly got his head seriously punched. I dont want to see that shit when at a match and my old man is way too fragile to suffer opposition morons.  Normally the old bill reinforce the stewards up in P8 when the opposition fans start getting lairy but there was no sign of them today which was surprising  seeing as most of West Midlands finest were at the game today.  Be interesting to see why there were not up helping the stewards police the fans today.

Offline Ads

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 08:25:09 AM »
Crikey, is it normally like that in P8 in terms of verbals between the home and away support?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 10:11:51 AM »
Not normally now, usually it's all posturing and hand gestures. I've seen Yanited fans take a slap though but that's when they have smuggled seats in the home section of P8.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »
Got a link DC5?

I got a bit mixed up. There was something about a bunch of ours, safely mouthing behind the Police, at the Cardiff going into the turnstiles and a bit more about the trouble by P8, even with mention of a bottle being thrown. There was nothing else about outside. I just googled 'cardiff city message boards' and read through a long string of posts on various subjects. When you read these things you get the feeling that a great number of people are totally pissed off with people playing up all the time. I suppose if you could get access to the secret hooligan message boards you would see the other side of it with all the 'fair play', 'inbreds', 'it was well on top' garbage that those things are full of.

Offline Ads

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »
I have taken a look and they seem a bit boss eyed and obsessed with how poor we are, when they will do well to stay in the league.

It was as if Paul Franks had got a log in on their sites.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »
I have taken a look and they seem a bit boss eyed and obsessed with how poor we are, when they will do well to stay in the league.

It was as if Paul Franks had got a log in on their sites.

If any team was poor it was them. Their tactic of playing Odemwingie up front on his own, then taking him off and replacing him with Frazier Campbell in an effort to try and equalise is what they really should be worrying about.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »
To add a bit more - it was about 5 rows behind me. Idiots on both sides gobbing off and one of them jumped the barrier and charged. The stand was pretty empty at the time so he got almost to the stairs before confronting the object of his ire who promptly waded in. The were pulled apart by stewards but the point was there was no police presence and minimal stewards - I think there were about 5 sitting on the stairs by the barrier. When spurs were there and getting a bit boistrous the coppers filled the entire course. Also happened v Man City when we went ahead but considering the number of paddywagons outside in Witton Lane I cant believe the police were short-handed so where the hell were they?

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
I couldn't understand why all those photographers chose to sit in front of the Cardiff fans, especially in the second half when they were unlikely to score at that end, unless it was purely to film any aggro going on.
If they are there for the Utd game, it is highly likely that all their expensive laptops and cameras will get smashed, as they are sitting exactly where the plebs jump over onto the pitch every time.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 03:27:30 PM »
I couldn't understand why all those photographers chose to sit in front of the Cardiff fans, especially in the second half when they were unlikely to score at that end, unless it was purely to film any aggro going on.
If they are there for the Utd game, it is highly likely that all their expensive laptops and cameras will get smashed, as they are sitting exactly where the plebs jump over onto the pitch every time.

They've been giving it a lot of anti-chairman protesting so that was potentially the story of the day.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 09:49:21 PM »
paddywagons

Now there's a blast from the past.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal