collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Twenty years ago today...  (Read 7441 times)

Offline spk

Re: Twenty years ago today...
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 03:14:13 AM »
You dont just change clubs like that mate,Villa til I die and all that,In England people known as glory hunters are despised by real football fans,I guess things are different in the states.Oh well,at least you cannot be accused of being a glory hunter following us at the moment....

Offline spk

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 03:21:05 AM »
By the way,sorry to hear about your Mum,the Rochdale bit must have hurt.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 03:27:37 AM »
By the way,sorry to hear about your Mum,the Rochdale bit must have hurt.
Hey thanks for the sentiment, she had nice tits, the appendicitis scar was a bit of a turn off though.

Offline spk

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 03:31:17 AM »
Im laughing out loud here ! Is your Mum settled and happy now ?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 03:52:19 AM »
Im laughing out loud here ! Is your Mum settled and happy now ?
Yes she now lives with a one legged ex circus performer in a caravan near Minehead .Apparently he got a bit complacent at Tiger feeding time even though he was a trapeze artist. He had trials for Hull but decided to continue the Circus act.

Offline spk

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 05:05:10 AM »
Now I know you are a wind up artist,he'd have got in at Hull.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 07:07:16 AM »
I was born in Kidderminster but my Birmingham claim to fame was living in Erdington briefly growing up so when I got in to football I always was going to support one of the Brum clubs. I became aware of football through the usual things - playground chat, Panini stickers and Match of the Day. My dad was Albion but I went for Villa cos of the name, the colours and we had a pretty nifty team (in Div 2 at least) consisting of Platt, McInally, Daley etc etc. First match was 2-2 at home to Millwall, opening game of 88-89 season and the rest is history.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »
  1m 37 for the Arsenal game

Offline Damo70

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2013, 08:17:41 AM »
If you listened to my bluenose dad and uncles they would tell you I was brainwashed at a very young age by the two teenage lads next door. I think the League Cup win in '77 when I was six was a clincher. Then the neighbours started taking me down from 1979 onwards. The outraged reaction from my uncles was a bonus.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »
1968 and I wanted to be a Leeds fan and my Dad said fine, but before you really decide I'll take you to Villa Park.

Grandad, Dad and his 4 brothers all Villa took me to Villa Park Boxing day 1968 2-0 win vs Cardiff....Barrington Hole scored my first Villa goal I never saw.......
my Dad knew I would be hooked....been Villa ever since..
cheers Dad.

UTV
The Doc

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
I have a memory of the moment I started supporting Aston Villa but I can't place it with dates and such.  I can tell you it was approximately 5 o clock on a Saturday afternoon, the football results were being read out and Villa had won.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »
...Arsenal 1-2 Aston Villa

Wright for them, Bosnich saves a penalty at 1-0 down, Whittingham and Townsend for us.

...And that was the day I decided to support Aston Villa.

Can anyone else pinpont the exact moment they decided to support Villa? I appreciate that lots were born into it for family reasons; I'm the only Villa supporter in my family (everyone else supports Wolves out of hometown loyalty of Flavour Of The Month FC depending on when they were born) and I don't regret a thing.

A few more trophies would have been nice, but at least I'm not another Staffs red. Or Johnny-come-lately Stoke fan now they're in the Prem, unlike the two Arsenal "fans" I was at school with when this result happened.

They deserve shooting. The former after much public flogging.

In fact the latter should be made to support teams managed by Pullis and TSM for the rest of his days as an alternative to being shot. Purgatory on earth.

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »
It's a family thing, and growing up in Erdington for me. Although there was never any pressure, when your whole family and most of your mates at school, and all their families support Villa, why would you bother supporting anyone else? When I go back home, the first topic of conversation with anyone I know is usually how the Villa are getting on. It's just in the blood. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2013, 01:10:15 PM »
  1m 37 for the Arsenal game

I cannot believe that was 20 years ago!

What a turn around that was, great result. I remember getting hoisted into the air and then at Roker Park in the cup.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »
I went to that game and while returning to meet my Arsenal supporting mate and got a thump for my troubles.
Great days.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal