collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matches moved in the New Year  (Read 10438 times)

Offline danlanza

Re: Matches moved in the New Year
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 10:08:45 PM »

I want one of those and one of the one's in your post below.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 10:52:21 PM »
Arsenal at home is strange, always gets moved for TV (can't remember the last time we play them at 3pm on a Saturday at home) and yet more often than not the Emirates fixture doesn't.

Can't stand Monday night games but will probably go to this one as I'll have a spare ticket as my Dad doesn't go to midweek games anymore and my Mother is a gooner so that problem is solved.
I can - it was about 5 years ago when the cheeky fecking Goonies were singing "You need more foreigners" at us cos all our team were British and all of theirs were European or South American. It was a fantastic game; all Arse first half and all us second half. A draw would have been a fair result but alas..... 

As for this move to Monday for the Arse game it's really fucked me up 'cos i'm on a course in Leeds that week and there's no fecking way i'll get back in time. Looks like my best mate's got a free seat. A happy sausage I most definately aint! >:(

That was a Sat 5.30pm I think, 1-2 Arsenal?

I genuinely can't remember playing Arsenal at 3pm at home for ages, we've even played Man. United at 3pm in recent living memory (Ron Saunders game in 2006).

Why does this guy get messed around so much and yet the Emirates one rarely gets touched. Can't work it out considering Arsenal never lose at VP and we frequently get a surprise result at the Emirates.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 12:38:54 AM »
It was a Sat evening game, Dec 2007. Carew destroyed Arsenal but Flamini was on fire and Arsenal held on.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2013, 12:42:28 AM »
I genuinely can't remember playing Arsenal at 3pm at home for ages, we've even played Man. United at 3pm in recent living memory (Ron Saunders game in 2006).

Three years ago, they won 4-2 and Ciaran Clark scored two.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 06:55:43 AM »

I want one of those and one of the one's in your post below.

Google soccerprint.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 07:49:21 AM »
As Nev said, we know it is going to happen. But that will be six weeks between Premier League Saturday home 3pm games from December to February. I'm lucky that my lad is a bit older but games being moved to a Monday night must be a pain for people who take their young kids who have to be up for school next morning.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 07:54:11 AM »
The thing with the Arsenal match is that we will not know until 5pm the Saturday before when the game is going to be played (and maybe not until the Sunday if ours or their FA cup match is moved for TV.
How can people arrange their lives with this unpredictability? People who would rearrange shifts, baby sitting, transport, etc have virtually no chance now. A far greater uproar should be made against this particular change. If it is going to be changed then the date should be definite now and people can plan accordingly, not have maybe 6 days notice.
Anyway don't the police have to have a certain amount of notice prior to a game being played?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:36 AM »
I can't wait for them to ring me when it comes to Season Ticket renewal time. I shall have a list as long as my arm of reasons why I won't be renewing.

That they will apologise for with absolutely no sincerity and then replace you with an unsuspecting newbie.  I don't go to the games any more because I don't get the same buzz that I used to and this type of customer treatment is part of it as well as the obvious extortionate expense.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:02 AM »

Three years ago, they won 4-2 and Ciaran Clark scored two.

Wasn't that the live TV Saturday lunchtime game?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2013, 06:16:08 PM »
Yep that kicked off at 12.45pm.

Checked back and the last time we played Arsenal at 3pm on a Saturday was April 2003! Sums up modern football we go that length of time without playing a regular league team at the standard kick off team.

On the whole we haven't done too badly with 3pm kicks off this season, certainly compared to a few seasons ago when we were in Europe and every single game during the winter seemed to be on a Sunday.

I also just read aswell this could move back to the weekend due to their being FA cup replays that weekend?! Agreed ridiculous to think fans can change plans at a flick of a switch, just put it as another Sunday game if needs be, Sky are showing 3 this Sunday.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »
The Halsey-Henri quickstep free-kick game was a 3pm Saturday, was that the last?
Cheating feckers.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
It wasn't, that was played sometime on a Sunday.

April 2003 was the last unless I've missed a more recent one out although we've played them a few times midweek in recent seasons.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
When was the last time we played at home to either Arsenal, Liverpool or man United on a Saturday at 3pm?

When the fixtures are produced at the start of the season dont plan for these home fixtures.

Offline glenc

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »
I detest early Kick-offs, thing is I cannot believe too many people watch the early game on the TV either. Still this is the game nowadays too many games on TV too much money to Footballers.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
My first opportunity to post in this topic - whilst I accept that fixtures are changed to appease SKY and other broadcasters it does not not mean I agree with it - I have already been affected by the Fulham fixture change which has cost me in additional hotel charges.. As someone else stated - there is not even an apology on the official site when such changes are announced.
This has now hacked me off to such an extent that I have already decided not to renew my season card next year-this decison is coupled with the fact that the current state of affairs at B6 means that seats are readily available for most games. Many fans are now expressing their dissatisfaction in the way they are treated by SKY, clubs and other associated third partieswithin the football world and voting with their feet.
Its bad enough forking out for expensive tickets but having to lose out on train tickets, hotel bookings, plane tickets etc is ridiculous. Its a shame that all fans can`t collectivley say a big NO to increased prices, constant fixture changes, three new kits a year etc and launch a boycott against the running of the modern game, in particular the Premier League. To conclude this is one football fan that has had enough and is staying away - I have not had SKY either for about 20 years!   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal