collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa fans disrespecting the poppy day silence  (Read 15727 times)

Offline l_mckay

Re: Villa fans disrespecting the poppy day silence
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »
The tannoy was terrible I couldn't hear anything that was said from just behind the goal so what chance has anyone got of knowing what was going on

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 08:51:56 AM »
I was there too, the place is a disgrace, the tannoy was barely audible, the "concourse in the away end was carnage before during and after the game, the tubes were fucked so a long wait and more crushing to get on them.......thanks god for Fulham away.

UTV
The Doc

The problem with the concourse at West Ham is that its too narrow, so you're constantly getting crushed and knocked.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »
I have never known our fans be deliberately disrespectful during a minutes silence.

This.

I wasn't there but from what other people have said who were there, the original post does sound like a moan for the sake of it.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Villa fans disrespecting the poopy day silence
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 09:05:15 AM »
t=150

This sort of stuff , is bringing our name down , add the West Ham debacle .

disgrace .

So that's your reason for bringing this up. Yet another thin excuse to slag Brigada.

"I hate racism and anti-racism"

What a fun debate that was.....

Offline eastie

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »
I have never known our fans be deliberately disrespectful during a minutes silence.

This.

I wasn't there but from what other people have said who were there, the original post does sound like a moan for the sake of it.

Agreed.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 09:25:45 AM »
Something very similar happened when we played at Craven Cottage in early Novermber a few years ago (2011?). Everyone was silent except for a few fans who were underneath the stand, unaware of the silence above. Half a dozen blokes singing makes a real noise when everyone else is silent.

Not for the first time, Sunny Villa is talking nonsense.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 09:35:02 AM »
And if you can tell anything from that, well done.

Do I need to get new speakers for my computer because I can't hear a thing apart from a couple of blokes sounding as if they have been strangled?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »
And if you can tell anything from that, well done.

Do I need to get new speakers for my computer because I can't hear a thing apart from a couple of blokes sounding as if they have been strangled?

Dirty northern cants! Is about all you can make out. Its all about the respect guv.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
I was there too, the place is a disgrace, the tannoy was barely audible, the "concourse in the away end was carnage before during and after the game, the tubes were fucked so a long wait and more crushing to get on them.......thanks god for Fulham away.

UTV
The Doc

The problem with the concourse at West Ham is that its too narrow, so you're constantly getting crushed and knocked.

I remember it being bedlam down there for the Mellberg 'thanks for your support' game

Offline danlanza

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »
Brigada seem to be doing their best to create some atmosphere, that is only a good thing if you ask me. Lots of singing and banners, all good.
The flares should be dropped though. I think they look really good, especially at a night game. But it is an accident waiting to happen and non of us want to see people injured at a game.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 09:46:30 AM »

UTV
The Doc

I remember it being bedlam down there for the Mellberg 'thanks for your support' game

I was at that game too and indeed it was Richard.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 09:49:17 AM »
I find it a bit disrespectful filming a minutes silence. Shouldn't the 'filmer' be concentrating on remembering those who made their sacrifices for us rather than trying to make a silly point.

Good view of our away support though.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2013, 10:00:20 AM »
A few of the travelling support really let us down on Saturday. The behaviour at half time was disgraceful.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2013, 10:02:12 AM »
On a side note trying to get a drink at Half Time was a joke aswell. Police had to close the bar before the half time whistle had even gone with the amount of pushing and crushing going on.

they shut the kiosk because come bell-end set off a smoke bomb on the concourse, just before half time.

Offline eastie

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »
A few of the travelling support really let us down on Saturday. The behaviour at half time was disgraceful.

What happened at half time jj?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal