collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pressed off.  (Read 4195 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Pressed off.
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:35:07 AM »

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
Re: Pressed off.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:59:06 AM »
For those who are still wondering....

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=461198

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:02:02 AM »
Good summary. Deeply frustrating is the home form.

Oh and as for Tory Girl Brady - the hypocrisy knows no bound. Why is her employer - a private enterprise accepting 100m+ in state subsidies? Allardyce + That Lot running West Ham belong together. Don't like either

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »
A clever title and a totally necessary dig at the West Ham rabble.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
In the days of Dixon and Dugdale Villa Park was never a stronghold in fact most players loved playing on the best pitch in the country, Mercers minors ditto. We had highlights like Bruce Rioch's rockets and Andy Grays bravery but for the most we were a very pedestrian side. I missed the the best couple of years (no Foxtel in those days)
and now we are back to being a sleeping giant. It's the most critical you've been for a while Dave.

Offline eastie

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 11:29:19 AM »
Decent stance on the current situation .
Some people seem to think now ewe have played the big boys that the next few games will see us transform into a winning scoring team - I'm not so sure - there are no easy games in this league and west ham and Cardiff will be tough matches .

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 11:45:26 AM »
Decent stance on the current situation .
Some people seem to think now ewe have played the big boys that the next few games will see us transform into a winning scoring team - I'm not so sure - there are no easy games in this league and west ham and Cardiff will be tough matches .

Agree the top teams are not as good as they were 4 or 5 years ago but with Spurs and Liverpool improving and Martinez seamless transition at Everton there is more depth at the top end. Aside from Palace I don't think any of the the middle/lower teams are pushovers now that the Fascist twunt has been moved on.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
Cracking title, and funnily enough had just listened to the song before reading.

Offline Boz

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
Good summary on the game, it just seems at the moment, Villa can't get enough consistency as a team and despite all the forwards we have, are unable to score consistently either.

I thought Saturday posed the question, "would we have been doing better if Martinez had decided to leave Wigan for B6", given his style and approach compared to Lambert? He's certainly proving successful at Everton.

Offline eastie

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »
Good summary on the game, it just seems at the moment, Villa can't get enough consistency as a team and despite all the forwards we have, are unable to score consistently either.

I thought Saturday posed the question, "would we have been doing better if Martinez had decided to leave Wigan for B6", given his style and approach compared to Lambert? He's certainly proving successful at Everton.

I'm no great Martinez fan but in answer to your question I would say yes we would be doing better.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »

I'm no great Martinez fan but in answer to your question I would say yes we would be doing better.

Had Martinez took over in 2011 then Yes because TSM appointment set us back 3 years at least. Had Martinez took over in 2012 I think we would have followed a very similar trajectory and be in a very similar position.

Offline eastie

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »
Maybe but I think he would have kept more experience and a better balance to the team , possibly got the best from bent and showed more tactical nous.

Certainly wouldn't have got us in the top 8 but probably not the bottom 8 either.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 01:52:49 PM »
Martinez has done one of the hardest things in management, namely not trying to alter something that was running well. Tony Barton did the same, which is why we won the European Cup. He inheriited a good squad that needed minimal improvement and a stable environment. No incoming Villa manager has enjoyed those luxuries for a long while.

Offline eastie

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 02:03:33 PM »
The last hour of the transfer window was huge too for Martinez- to get barry, lukaku and McCarthy all in at the death was a masterstroke.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 02:28:39 PM »
The last hour of the transfer window was huge too for Martinez- to get barry, lukaku and McCarthy all in at the death was a masterstroke.

Yes they all looked to be smart pieces of business and all funded by the sale of Fellani with change left over

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal