collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve B****** Hodge  (Read 24730 times)

Offline Richie

Re: Steve B****** Hodge
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2018, 01:32:47 PM »
https://youtu.be/zRgf2OWPN64

Stumbled across this the other day. For our younger fans, here is the infamous back pass that sealed his fate with Villa fans.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2018, 01:33:32 PM »
I found myself shouting expletives at the screen when H***e appeared - anyone who doesn't know me would have wondered what was happening!. Not surprised by Shilton mentioning the value of the shirt though after his well documented money problems.

I remember Peter Shilton doing an interview with Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport some years ago when he went on to plug his autobiography.  The only trouble was he didn't seem to get the point of the interview and wouldn't talk about the book at all other than to tell people to buy it.  So H&J would say, "There's a great story in there about a hilarious incident in the England hotel in Mexico, tell us about that". And Shilts says, "Er, well, I don't want to give it away."  H&J: "Just give us a little flavour, it's the one about Bobby Robson forgetting the name of -"  Shilts: "No, stop, you'll spoil it, I don't want to tell all the stories in the book, I want people to buy it and read it!"  He was a humourless bastard and gave nothing away, absolutely nothing, it was simultaneously one of the shittest and funniest interviews I've ever heard.  He was definitely worried about losing out on a few quid...   
I remember Mo Farah doing exactly the same in a TV interview.  I've had an irrational hatred him ever since.  Mobot wanker...

Hey leave Mo alone. The only time I've been jumping around watching athletics was him in the London Olympics.
As for Shilts, I've hated him since 1970 when the cheating bastard wiped the mud off the back stanchion from a perfectly good Pat McMahon goal.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2018, 01:36:19 PM »
Did they ask Shilton to tell the story of when he got caught shagging a married lass in the back of his car. Her husband caught them, Shilton, tried to drive off, semi naked, crashed into a lampost and was charged with drink driving.

Tina, Tina, Tina....

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2018, 02:42:19 PM »
Ford Cortina

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2018, 02:46:20 PM »
Who were you with last night?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2018, 05:00:38 PM »
Cock womble of the highest order.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »
Ford Cortina

Unfortunately it was a Daimler.

As for Hodge he left Forest because he was being played out wide, left us because we were struggling then left Spurs to go back to Forest as he was lonely in London. He then left Forest for Leeds as they apparently had more ambition. Is it just me that suspects that one detail he left out of all of those excuses to move clubs is the fact he got a wage rise and signing on fee each time?

Peter Shilton used to live in Maxstoke, Coleshill near one of my uncle's and bet in a betting shop I managed on the A45, Sheldon. He would come in first thing when it was quiet to put a bet on. Always a single horse bet and always £300. It was at the time of the 2002 World Cup and the only time I had a proper conversation with him was about golf as he had been on a corporate trip to Japan and South Korea and was raving about the golf courses out there. Apart from that he was very quiet and self conscious, which I guess was down to the fact he was a welll known problem gambler in a betting shop.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2018, 05:50:00 PM »
Hodge was the prototype greedy barsteward.

He was pulling those sort of stunts when it wasn't the norm in English football.

But Southgate leaving when he did and bleating about how we were holding him back was a bigger disappointment. Not because he was particularly good. But because you hold your captain to a higher standard.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2018, 05:52:53 PM »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=140&t=1212599

I had a 1600e in 79

fantastic car, twin choke Weber carb etc
wish I had kept it

There seemed to be a lot of car brand loyalty in the seventies and eighties. My one uncle had about three Ford Cortinas one after the other, my other uncle did exactly the same with Austin Maxi's, another uncle did the same with the Rover SD1 model and at one time my dad had a Marina estate at the same time my mum had a Marina coupe. My dad also had a mate who used to buy a new Reliant Scimitar every two years.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
Our next door neighbour always used to buy a new Maxi every two years, and always tried to talk cars with my dad, who (correctly, I see now, though it embarrassed me at the time) found the subject extremely dull. He once (my dad) swapped a massive, relatively new, Volvo for his mate's clapped out Renault 5 just to confuse Mr. Next Door.

The Renault was deemed to be not roadworthy very shortly afterwards, and he never expressed a word of regret. A sounder dead fella than my old man, you will not (indeed, could not) meet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal