collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve B****** Hodge  (Read 24864 times)

Offline Rudy65

Re: Steve B****** Hodge
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2016, 09:36:28 PM »
wtf  - the second goal was world class  and England didn't have a kick until we were 2-0 down.  The Argies  were on  a different level to us.
Seem to recall the Argies as a team were no great shakes. Diego was the difference. We had a good side in 86

Offline ez

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2016, 08:15:33 PM »
I was amazed with his claim that he was playing a backpass to Shilton.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2016, 02:55:11 AM »

I seem to recall that the back pass didn't tend to turn out well for him at international or club level.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »

If he had meant a back pass then it would have given Diego a far more simple opportunity than that.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »
I found myself shouting expletives at the screen when H***e appeared - anyone who doesn't know me would have wondered what was happening!. Not surprised by Shilton mentioning the value of the shirt though after his well documented money problems.

Even 30 years on - SH looked a bit isolated in the company of the other players that were at this reunion.

They're just jealous because he's got the Argentinian no. 10 shirt from the game.

Is what he tells himself.  The utter c***.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2016, 12:13:59 AM »
I found myself shouting expletives at the screen when H***e appeared - anyone who doesn't know me would have wondered what was happening!. Not surprised by Shilton mentioning the value of the shirt though after his well documented money problems.

I remember Peter Shilton doing an interview with Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport some years ago when he went on to plug his autobiography.  The only trouble was he didn't seem to get the point of the interview and wouldn't talk about the book at all other than to tell people to buy it.  So H&J would say, "There's a great story in there about a hilarious incident in the England hotel in Mexico, tell us about that". And Shilts says, "Er, well, I don't want to give it away."  H&J: "Just give us a little flavour, it's the one about Bobby Robson forgetting the name of -"  Shilts: "No, stop, you'll spoil it, I don't want to tell all the stories in the book, I want people to buy it and read it!"  He was a humourless bastard and gave nothing away, absolutely nothing, it was simultaneously one of the shittest and funniest interviews I've ever heard.  He was definitely worried about losing out on a few quid...   

Offline villabear

« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2018, 06:49:17 AM »
Meaning Evil bringing up tenuous links to tonight’s game including “my massive mistake in joining Villa” from you know who.

Still gets me angry when I here his name mentioned. Especially thinking of him celebrating after scoring against us for Leeds.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2018, 06:51:09 AM »
I was thinking about Hodge when Hutton scored on Sunday. Gardner’s attempt to stop him was Hodge-esque in 1986 with Maradona. Hodge and Gardner in the same sentence. Who’d have thought it?

Offline villabear

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2018, 07:33:36 AM »
I was thinking about Hodge when Hutton scored on Sunday. Gardner’s attempt to stop him was Hodge-esque in 1986 with Maradona. Hodge and Gardner in the same sentence. Who’d have thought it?

He got hold of Maradona’s shirt in the end though. So that’s nice of him thinking about doing that when we’re just got beat by the cheating so and so. Two lovely characters together.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2018, 07:57:19 AM »
Funny thing is, after the Maradona shirt story came out, it's not just Villa fans who think he's massive tool.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
I don’t think he was popular amongst Spurs fans as well as he said in an interview that he was lonely in London during his time there.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2018, 11:58:57 AM »
" No, Sir, when a man is tired of slagging off Hodge, he is tired of football; for there is in slagging off Hodge all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

Offline john2710

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2018, 12:47:58 PM »
Maradona came to the England dressing room to swap shirts & was roundly told to f**k off.

Later on it turns out Hodge went it & swapped shirts with him, says everything really.....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:50:57 PM by john2710 »

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2018, 01:10:37 PM »
I don’t think he was popular amongst Spurs fans as well as he said in an interview that he was lonely in London during his time there.
Which provoked the Spurs fans into a very loud chorus of "One lonely bastard - theres only one lonely bastard" at their next home game which was faithfully reproduced on TV!!....

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2018, 01:14:48 PM »

I remember Peter Shilton doing an interview with Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport some years ago when he went on to plug his autobiography.  The only trouble was he didn't seem to get the point of the interview and wouldn't talk about the book at all other than to tell people to buy it.  So H&J would say, "There's a great story in there about a hilarious incident in the England hotel in Mexico, tell us about that". And Shilts says, "Er, well, I don't want to give it away."  H&J: "Just give us a little flavour, it's the one about Bobby Robson forgetting the name of -"  Shilts: "No, stop, you'll spoil it, I don't want to tell all the stories in the book, I want people to buy it and read it!"  He was a humourless bastard and gave nothing away, absolutely nothing, it was simultaneously one of the shittest and funniest interviews I've ever heard.  He was definitely worried about losing out on a few quid...   
I remember Mo Farah doing exactly the same in a TV interview.  I've had an irrational hatred him ever since.  Mobot wanker...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal