collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Harry Kartz  (Read 7183 times)

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
Re: Happy Birthday Harry Kartz
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 09:20:34 PM »

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 01:36:48 AM »
 so do this mean there is only three Villa chairman still round Doug, Harry and Randy. No idea who is the chairman before Doug in the 60s.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 07:07:21 AM »
so do this mean there is only three Villa chairman still round Doug, Harry and Randy. No idea who is the chairman before Doug in the 60s.

Immediately before Doug it was Norman Smith. Before that I think it was Bruce Normansell. Those guys certainly wont be around now. The problem back in those days seemed to be you had to be about a 100 to have a chance of getting on the board.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:30 AM »

Sir William Dugdale (1975-78) is still alive. Jim Hartley was chairman in 1972 but I don't know whether he's still going.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 10:00:21 AM »

Sir William Dugdale (1975-78) is still alive. Jim Hartley was chairman in 1972 but I don't know whether he's still going.

Didn't realise Dugdale was still alive. He's Cameron's uncle I think, and the reason he's a Villa fan.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 10:52:07 AM »

Didn't realise Dugdale was still alive. He's Cameron's uncle I think, and the reason he's a Villa fan.

He is, he is and sadly, he is. Also a direct descendant of William the Conqueror.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 11:03:30 AM »

Immediately before Doug it was Norman Smith. Before that I think it was Bruce Normansell. Those guys certainly wont be around now. The problem back in those days seemed to be you had to be about a 100 to have a chance of getting on the board.

Norman L Smith when he was Chairman used to travel in on the bus! Fred Turnbull mentions that somewhere.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »

Norman L Smith when he was Chairman used to travel in on the bus! Fred Turnbull mentions that somewhere.

He never owned a car and never owned a house. He worked for Birmingham Corporation and after retiring would catch the bus every day to Villa Park.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 11:20:16 AM »

He is, he is and sadly, he is. Also a direct descendant of William the Conqueror.

I'd imagine just about every white person in Britain must be a direct descendant of William the Conquerer by now.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »
Mr Kartz was with four generations of his family at the match today.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2013, 09:55:57 PM »
When I first moved to London, a bloke I worked with asked me who our chairman was when we won the league - to test how much of a Villa fan I was, I suppose.  Cheeky fecker, he was a bloody Cockney Red as well.

Happy birthday Mr Kartz.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 11:32:48 PM »
Mr Kartz was with four generations of his family at the match today.
Pity they didn't announce it.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »
As they should have done. We could have given Mr Kartz a hearty round of applause.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 01:14:43 PM »
As they should have done. We could have given Mr Kartz a hearty round of applause.

Maybe Mr Kartz didn't want any fuss?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
Happy birthday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal