collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Beer and parking down the Villa  (Read 8594 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Beer and parking down the Villa
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 03:50:55 PM »
Carry on up Holborn Hill from the Swan & Mitre 5 min walk and you get to The Villa Tavern opposite the elegant old public baths. Free parking and the lads will wash your car for £2.50

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
Carry on up Holborn Hill from the Swan & Mitre 5 min walk and you get to The Villa Tavern opposite the elegant old public baths. Free parking and the lads will wash your car for £2.50

Caution: I once came back from the usual spanking off Man Utd to find my car propped up on bricks in the car park, and my brothers Christmas presents stolen from the boot.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »

Caution: I once came back from the usual spanking off Man Utd to find my car propped up on bricks in the car park, and my brothers Christmas presents stolen from the boot.
How long ago was that ? Never had a problem there personally but I guess most places down B6 come with a risk factor.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 04:03:16 PM »

Back in 2006 I think, we always used to that boozer but I think that was the last time as it had gone downhill a bit.

How long ago was that ? Never had a problem there personally but I guess most places down B6 come with a risk factor.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »

Merry Christmas to you

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »

we were thinking of parking in the site just off Holborn Hill for a £5 and walking back up to the Villa Tavern, we feel abit like Gary and Tony from Men Behaving Badly trying out new "locals"......lol

we shall be visiting over the next few matches, Sacred Heart(?) , The Bartons, The New Adventurers, Villa Tavern, Aston Social, Holte Suite, Holte Hotel...is the King Edward still open ?

UTV
The Doc

Offline Dr Butler

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2013, 04:47:31 PM »
Fair do's chief, no doubt it doesn't cost the debt of an African state to drive it like mine.

nah about £50 to fill her up....cheaper than the wife  ;)

UTV
The Doc

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 07:26:56 PM »

we were thinking of parking in the site just off Holborn Hill for a £5 and walking back up to the Villa Tavern, we feel abit like Gary and Tony from Men Behaving Badly trying out new "locals"......lol

we shall be visiting over the next few matches, Sacred Heart(?) , The Bartons, The New Adventurers, Villa Tavern, Aston Social, Holte Suite, Holte Hotel...is the King Edward still open ?

UTV
The Doc
Think the Eddie's is shut

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »
The Aston Tavern looks a long way off opening as well.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 08:03:48 PM »
There's also Witton Arms and The Cap n Gown

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 08:12:11 PM »
Just park at the Bartons. It will be fine. And you can have a beer with us before the game. You lucky sods.

Offline Dr Butler

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »
Just park at the Bartons. It will be fine. And you can have a beer with us before the game. You lucky sods.

love it in there, we went for the Everton game and was not a problem at all as we parked in our normal place which is handy to get away after the game and walked to Aston Cross and down the main road to the Bartons and it took about 10/15 mins to walk it and about 20 to the Villa.

we met a couple of Worcester Villians in there.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 11:54:11 AM »
Star City.

Bit of a trek to VP but can get easily on the M6 after the game.

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 02:44:12 PM »
We went to The Barton's Arms before the game yesterday for the first time (usually we turn up way to late so have to leg it into the ground for a Balti pie instead). Brilliant, beautiful old pub, loads of great beer, good chat with a few Villa old boys and a friendly vibe generally. We just parked on one of the streets nearby and car was fine, easy 15 minute walk back across the park to get to the ground. Will be trying to get down there for a beer before most home games now, especially as I don't have a car so can always enjoy a few pre-match ales haha!

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 04:03:32 PM »
Tesco on Aston Lane have recently have recently started doing match day parking for £4. An easy out for those heading towards the A34 or M5/M6

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal