collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Beer and parking down the Villa  (Read 8547 times)

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
Beer and parking down the Villa
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:14:52 AM »
Hi Mods if there is a relative thread already please move.

a small problem, me and my mate travel up from Cambridge for all home games and usually park down near the Manor Tavern and although it is incredibly good for parking and for us to get away after the game, the beer in the Tav is how can I put it nicely.....appallingly.

is there any where else we could park for a fiver and find a good pub with decent beer and god forbid any real ales on offer, can walk to the ground in 15 mins or so and can get away pretty quickly on to the M6 after the game?

we like the Swan and Mitre but it is usually chokker by the time we get there, but they only seem to serve Guinness, Carlsberg and BrewXI and we love the Bartons but we do not fancy leaving our cars in Newtown, so we are thinking of trying the Villa Tavern on Saturday

I know that is a big list of wants and any help would be greatly appreciated.

UTV
The Doc

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: Beer and parking down the Villa
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 11:16:37 AM »
Hi Mods if there is a relative thread already please move.

a small problem, me and my mate travel up from Cambridge for all home games and usually park down near the Manor Tavern and although it is incredibly good for parking and for us to get away after the game, the beer in the Tav is how can I put it nicely.....appallingly.

is there any where else we could park for a fiver and find a good pub with decent beer and god forbid any real ales on offer, can walk to the ground in 15 mins or so and can get away pretty quickly on to the M6 after the game?

we like the Swan and Mitre but it is usually chokker by the time we get there, but they only seem to serve Guinness, Carlsberg and BrewXI and we love the Bartons but we do not fancy leaving our cars in Newtown, so we are thinking of trying the Villa Tavern on Saturday

I know that is a big list of wants and any help would be greatly appreciated.

UTV
The Doc

Parking: One Stop Shopping centre, right next to the Perry Barr dog's track.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »
I think there is a school that you can park in for about a fiver, that is 5 minutes walk from the Bartons. Would take you about 2 minutes to get out of traffic after the game too.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
I used to park on the road by the side of The Vine pub.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »
There's never been an issue with parking at the Barton's.

Offline Dr Butler

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »

oh is that right ? sorry to assume that there had been problems, but after talking to some family members that live in Brum they seemed to indicate that there were no places to park safely ?

cheers Dave, I will investigate further

UTV
the Doc

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »

oh is that right ? sorry to assume that there had been problems, but after talking to some family members that live in Brum they seemed to indicate that there were no places to park safely ?

UTV
the Doc

There's the pub car park and also the Drum is fine. Without being too flippant, people who don't go to the Barton's tend to think there's a less than 50/50 chance of leaving the area alive.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 12:20:16 PM »
Try the Hare of the Dog pub. There's a car park on the university I think but you can also park nearby for a fiver. It's a 10-15 minute walk to the ground and the beer is reasonably priced. You do tend to get away fans in there sometimes but it's never a problem.

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 12:34:18 PM »
For access to the M6, we park on an indusrtial estate near the Wing Wah supermarket. There are loads of pubs on the 15 minute walk to the ground, and you can be straight on the M6 through the back streets in no time

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 02:34:43 PM »
I've parked in the Bartons a few times, had beers a half of shandy and gone to the game, leaving car in car park. They said it was OK and that they had CCTV. Never had any problems (apart from the old Dave Woodhall just happens to walk in with a carrier bag of books in his hand trick).

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »

UTV
the Doc

There's the pub car park and also the Drum is fine. Without being too flippant, people who don't go to the Barton's tend to think there's a less than 50/50 chance of leaving the area alive.

My brother reported that they'd started charging a fiver in the Drum recently.

Offline Dr Butler

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »

UTV
the Doc

never had a problem every time we have been there Dave and the pub is top notch, it was more about the safety of my precious Mini......

UTV
The Doc

Online LeeB

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »

UTV
the Doc

never had a problem every time we have been there Dave and the pub is top notch, it was more about the safety of my precious Mini......

UTV
The Doc

You drive a mini? Are you a doctor of hairdressing? :)

Offline Dr Butler

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 03:02:47 PM »

UTV
the Doc

UTV
The Doc

You drive a mini? Are you a doctor of hairdressing? :)

:) :) I hate hair....hardly any on my head, but plenty coming out of my ears and nose  >:(

I drive a London 2012 limited edition Mini-Cooper and I just want to make sure she is alright when I go to the game....brilliant little car.

UTV
The Doc

Online LeeB

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »
Fair do's chief, no doubt it doesn't cost the debt of an African state to drive it like mine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal