collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kozak or Bent?  (Read 14869 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Kozak or Bent?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »
The role Kozak has been playing dose'nt suit him at all. It suits Benteke down to the ground and you could see the difference it made to the team when he came on Sunday.

We need to wait and see how Kozak will do with a partner alongside him before writing him off.

Offline Morten

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
So far, Kozak has had to deal with a lot of long passes, I have yet to see how he deals with crosses. We do not have any real wingers and do not tend to cross a lot. He has not had many goal chances and we do not create a lot, but so far I have not been impressed with Kozak, but I also look forward to see how he performs against teams in the bottom half of the table, we shall see in november.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 10:24:43 AM »
I't doesn't matter whether it's Bent Or Kozak if they don't get the supply they can't score, We hit gold with Benteke as he can take players on and is good in the air and has good foot skills, not many of them around.

Offline Isa

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »
The role Kozak has been playing dose'nt suit him at all. It suits Benteke down to the ground and you could see the difference it made to the team when he came on Sunday.

We need to wait and see how Kozak will do with a partner alongside him before writing him off.

He is supposed to be an understudy to Benteke thus his game should be very similar. To be fair, he was a similar type of player to Benteke at Lazio. He is just (surprisingly) stuggling to cope with the physicality of the EPL at the moment.

Offline supertom

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »
Kozak reminds me a fair bit of Crouch. He looks awkward and would probably be difficult to defend against inside the box (but there seems to be some kind of Kozak force-field surrounding the penalty area at the moment.
It's similar with Crouch though. Use him as a target man, pumping long balls at him and he struggles. It's not his game. He's probably better at winning headers in the box when he can attack the ball. Angel was similar outside the box with his back to goal he was very poor in the air (and when he'd often be used as a target man during our less attractive stylings he struggled a lot) but get him in the box on the end of crosses and he was actually a very good header of the ball.

Also like Crouch I wonder if he'll be a bit of a flat track bully. He'll do okay against teams from the bottom half-lower top, but struggles to standout against top 6 opposition. That was something always labelled at Crouch somewhat. At international level too. Good goal record but mostly against the drek opposition.

If the team starts playing with more width and getting balls in the box then we can start helping Kozak a bit.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »
Why are we so quick to jump on players without giving them time to settle in a new league and a new way of playing? I remember some on here calling Benteke Emule Heskey Mark II

The positives were Benteke was getting in the right positions or beating a man to the ball just not hitting the target but his physical prescence and positioning still looked good.

Kozak looks like another Tony Cascarino.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
I recall Savo Milosevic being labelled the new Cascarino in his first couple of games. I guess it depends on your viewpoint as to whether he was a success or not but I personally think he was great  - he hit double figures in his first year, formed an amazing strike partnership with Yorkie for 2 years (until Collymore arrived and the formation was tinkered with) plus he scored the opening goal when we won our lost trophy. Even two years later around winter 97 or so the goals had dried up and we had the spitting incident but he still gave 100% and was holding the ball up/creating chances. I still haven't seen a player hold the ball up for Villa with some skilful touches as he did - Yorke excepted. Anyway the main point is we said the same thing about Savo. We gotta give Libor time.

ha ha that should read last trophy

Offline eastie

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013, 11:08:35 AM »
Too soon for this comparison - give Kozak at least a season before judging him.
I believe alongside benteke he would be a better player.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
Why are we so quick to jump on players without giving them time to settle in a new league and a new way of playing? I remember some on here calling Benteke Emule Heskey Mark II

The positives were Benteke was getting in the right positions or beating a man to the ball just not hitting the target but his physical prescence and positioning still looked good.

You've decided that after 5 games?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 11:58:03 AM »
I recall Savo Milosevic being labelled the new Cascarino in his first couple of games. I guess it depends on your viewpoint as to whether he was a success or not but I personally think he was great  - he hit double figures in his first year, formed an amazing strike partnership with Yorkie for 2 years (until Collymore arrived and the formation was tinkered with) plus he scored the opening goal when we won our lost trophy. Even two years later around winter 97 or so the goals had dried up and we had the spitting incident but he still gave 100% and was holding the ball up/creating chances. I still haven't seen a player hold the ball up for Villa with some skilful touches as he did - Yorke excepted. Anyway the main point is we said the same thing about Savo. We gotta give Libor time.

ha ha that should read last trophy

Loved Savo. Remember expecting him to turn up and play in a headband because of the pre signing pics i'd seen of him. Never happened. He had a great first touch and a bit of vision and scored 1 in 3, got a rough ride from the dickhead cockney media and that shit nickname

You've decided that after 5 gam

You've decided that after 5 games?

Not definitely no. Looks more of a Cascarino than a Benteke so far though. £7M looks about £5M too much. Would be glad to be wrong and see him score a bagful.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 01:19:42 PM »
bent for me

but would have prefered the creative midfield than either .

If we had got the money to buy him and the midfielder I would not be to concerned but that money should have been spent in another area .  It looks way too much money .

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 01:22:10 PM »
Kozak, frankly. I know this just looks like more Bent-hate, but Kozak works harder and does more for the team and, where we are, you can't have any passengers.

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »
Last 4 games stats.
Kozak aerial duels won:
Norwich 3/14
Man City 4/11
Hull 4/17
Spurs 3/9

Play it to his feet.

In comparison, Benteke tends to average over 50% of aerial duels won.
And how many of those challenges should a foul have been given in Kozak's favour ? If you watch the replays of the games he has been involved in, i would say Kozak has been very harshly treated by the refs.

big players always do , look at Crouch . Im afraid you just have to except it.

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »
ask me again , when we get in the Europa cup ;)

Offline supertom

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »
Last 4 games stats.
Kozak aerial duels won:
Norwich 3/14
Man City 4/11
Hull 4/17
Spurs 3/9

Play it to his feet.

In comparison, Benteke tends to average over 50% of aerial duels won.
And how many of those challenges should a foul have been given in Kozak's favour ? If you watch the replays of the games he has been involved in, i would say Kozak has been very harshly treated by the refs.

big players always do , look at Crouch . Im afraid you just have to except it.
Yep, defenders will get 9 decisions out of 10. Again, it's not really Kozaks forte and in all honesty it just takes us backwards to be chuffing long balls up to a big mans head all the time. It doesn't help us, and certainly doesn't help Kozak.
He does have to adapt but I think he's only in the starting line up because of Bentekes injury. He didn't have a pre-season here. He's been thrown in somewhat.
He's got to change his movement to get in the game. We've got to get someone playing closer to him as well.
But in terms of effort I've no complaints, Kozak has bust a gut every match he's played.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal