collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ing on  (Read 4152 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline eastie

Re: Press-ing on
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:46:02 AM »
Pretty much spot on - lets give harry a rousing rendition of happy birthday to you on Saturday and hope we celebrate it with a game to remember.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »
Good write up Dave.

I'll take a punt on most played fixture. Both World Wars started just after football season commence, I think.  Did Villa play Everton just prior to the breakout in 1914 or 1939?

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 10:03:53 AM »
I wish I could agree with you about the fluidity of clubs' status in the Premier League. Spurs are able to sign better players for lower wages, and I think that is all to do with being in London. That's not going to change.

Offline eastie

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 10:10:26 AM »
I wish I could agree with you about the fluidity of clubs' status in the Premier League. Spurs are able to sign better players for lower wages, and I think that is all to do with being in London. That's not going to change.

Whilst you have a point I wouldn't say its all to do with being in London but partly.
Fulham and qpr are not attracting the players that spurs have done , I think  good players will go to clubs outside London if the money is on offer , but there is no doubt some are attracted by the bright lights of the capital.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »
"A Good Article"     -   Daily Telegraph

"A Triumph!"     -   Variety

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:58 AM »
Nice article again Dave...oh and Alan Green ? ...what a twat.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 12:34:05 PM »

Whilst you have a point I wouldn't say its all to do with being in London but partly.
Fulham and qpr are not attracting the players that spurs have done , I think  good players will go to clubs outside London if the money is on offer , but there is no doubt some are attracted by the bright lights of the capital.

It's not so much the bright lights as the anonymity.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:40:15 PM »
Nice article again Dave...oh and Alan Green ? ...what a twat.

Yes but I bet Sir Alan did not make a fuss and make it all about him , because he is not like that at all you know  :P

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 01:26:48 PM »
"A Good Article"     -   Daily Telegraph

"A Triumph!"     -   Variety

Who does darren woolley write for?

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »

That's very perceptive. When I lived in Bermondsey, that Rumanian midfielder who played for Spurs - Dumitrescu I think - lived in a little mews house by the river. He never got any grief, nobody batted an eyelid. People in London make a point of being unimpressed by celebrities.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 03:41:38 PM »

That's very perceptive. When I lived in Bermondsey, that Rumanian midfielder who played for Spurs - Dumitrescu I think - lived in a little mews house by the river. He never got any grief, nobody batted an eyelid. People in London make a point of being unimpressed by celebrities.

I think it was Ruud Gullit when he played for Chelsea who said that the attraction of London was that nobody bothered him.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »
Another good article Dave.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:07:30 PM »
I'll take a punt on most played fixture. Both World Wars started just after football season commence, I think.  Did Villa play Everton just prior to the breakout in 1914 or 1939?

I was thinking along those lines.  Please let us know as I like to swap such trivia with an Evertonian mate of mine.

Offline ez

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 06:25:09 PM »
I think we didn't used to be just equal to them, we were better than them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal