collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Harry Kartz  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Harry Kartz
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »
For the younger H&V'ers amongst us, Harry was a prominent board member in the (I think) 60s, 70s and early 80s. My mate (and fellow ST holder) is Harry's grandson. He was telling me that next Saturday is Harry's 100th birthday but as yet they've not heard anything from the club to mark the occasion, which I think is a shame. If anyone can advise what or who I can contact to sort something for the Everton game it would be great. Cheers

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Re: Harry Kartz
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:45:51 PM »
For the younger H&V'ers amongst us, Harry was a prominent board member in the (I think) 60s, 70s and early 80s. My mate (and fellow ST holder) is Harry's grandson. He was telling me that next Saturday is Harry's 100th birthday but as yet they've not heard anything from the club to mark the occasion, which I think is a shame. If anyone can advise what or who I can contact to sort something for the Everton game it would be great. Cheers

Go straight to Paul Faulkner. Harry Kartz is a total gent and I hope that we can help him celebrate his birthday.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:58:05 AM »
that would be nice treat.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:43:36 AM »
Great to hear he is still alive and going to get a telegram from a Villa fans grandmother.
He was on the new board that took over towards the end of 1968. A vital time in our clubs history when we had looked like we could have gone bankrupt.
During the mid 1970s the club was a hotbed of political intrigue involving power struggles with Ellis, Jim Hartley, the Bendalls etc. Anybody who held just a single £5 share could attend the AGMs and EGMs.
You would get 5,000 shareholders sat in the old Witton Lane stand with a stage set up on the pitch. Raucous affairs with Doug giving as good as he got and the shareholder/fans in the stand taking sides.
These were potentially divisive boardroom battles set against the backdrop of a team which was very much on the march back towards the top. There was always a worry that events in the boardroom might halt the progress being made on the pitch.
Harry Kartz was a stabilising influence. He was never after the chairmanship (although I think he may have filled that role for a short time ? ) and was someone who helped to settle the warring factions for the greater good of the club.
I hope he can be given the VIP treatment he deserves on Saturday. With Doug paying for lunch.   

Offline eastie

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 08:08:34 AM »
Perfect summing up there alita - and I do regret not being a shareholder anymore.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 11:32:32 AM »

Have they contacted the club?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:35:06 AM »
They could give him "the bumps" on the pitch at half time.

Am I being disprespectful?

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »
100 bumps?  I'm not sure half time would be long enough!

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »
The club have now been told and are marking it in some way. You'd expect nothing less.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »
100 bumps?  I'm not sure half time would be long enough!

1 bump every 9 seconds (approx)....

Offline eastie

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 12:37:01 PM »
The club have now been told and are marking it in some way. You'd expect nothing less.

Do you know if Harry will be attending the game dave ?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 01:18:35 PM »

As he's 100 I doubt it.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »

Not if he knows he's getting 100 bumps!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »

That's great news Dave, cheers. I'm sure they'll have his grandson's contact details as he's a ST holder but if you/they need to speak to anyone please PM me and I'll pass details on.  Great stuff.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 07:52:08 PM »
When I saw the thread title I expected the worst so it's wonderful to hear Harry is still growing strong.

Great to hear the Club plan to pay tribute to this very special Villa man.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal