collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Media bias  (Read 19862 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Media bias
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »
The BBC report does state the flare came from the Tottenham fans. However, why the report is in the Aston Villa section of the website and not also/ only in the Spurs one is something only the BBC can answer I'm sure.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »
News at ten report didn't mention it came from Spurs fans.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2013, 11:09:33 PM »

We don't seem to do body pat downs anymore which I think is a good thing.

We do for away fans at VP as, when I was queueing to get into P8 today,I was watching the stewards body searching the Spurs fans.  Obviously one or two 'slipped through the loop'.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 11:12:56 PM »
it came from ed milliband aimed at Cameron

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »
5 Live commentary was quick to point out it came from ther spurs end and MOTD coverage did so too.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 06:36:53 AM »
Day break mentioned 2nd flare thrown at villa game this season, no mention of spurs!!!

Offline peter w

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 07:37:49 AM »
I really thought this was a non-event. The flare, you'd think, was not thrown at the linesman but the attempt was to throw it at on the pitch after they had scored. No different to our Wigan away smoke bombs. And that's the other thing, 'smoke bomb'. Its not a bomb. It doesn't detonate and send out ball bearings or other shrapnel but is a harmless can with smoke in it. If it had landed anywhere other then the linesman's back it would have been nothing but, "and they can shove their wankey smoke bomb up their arses" type comments.

Really is over the top to see the press response. Just needed something pernicious to be able to report after a very benign weekend, clearly.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2013, 07:55:55 AM »
I really thought this was a non-event. The flare, you'd think, was not thrown at the linesman but the attempt was to throw it at on the pitch after they had scored. No different to our Wigan away smoke bombs. And that's the other thing, 'smoke bomb'. Its not a bomb. It doesn't detonate and send out ball bearings or other shrapnel but is a harmless can with smoke in it. If it had landed anywhere other then the linesman's back it would have been nothing but, "and they can shove their wankey smoke bomb up their arses" type comments.

Really is over the top to see the press response. Just needed something pernicious to be able to report after a very benign weekend, clearly.

It can be treated severely by the courts so maybe it is best not to play it down.

Offline eastie

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2013, 08:03:22 AM »

Not over the top at all, it is an offence and could have caused injury - doesn't matter who throws it - it is wrong and needs to be eradicated from the game.
Anyone throwing a flare or even  taking a flare into a football ground is a twat of the highest order .
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:05:08 AM by eastie »

Offline Brummie Bob

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 08:14:12 AM »
I think the stewards were concentrating on making sure you didn't go in the ground with a soft drink with the top on to worry about people with flares etc.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 08:17:11 AM »
Talk shite , previewing the game this morning, said Villa had another chance to beat a big team today.

Spuds a bigger team than Villa?

No.

A team that has won the title twice and never in Technicolour, is not a big club.

A much better side than the Villa have yes, but bigger? Lulz.

Offline eastie

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 08:49:18 AM »
Talk shite , previewing the game this morning, said Villa had another chance to beat a big team today.

Spuds a bigger team than Villa?

No.

A team that has won the title twice and never in Technicolour, is not a big club.

A much better side than the Villa have yes, but bigger? Lulz.

I get your drift but in fairness we have won the league only once in the last 100 years ourselves and the fa cup once in the last 80 years so I can see why some of the media don't see us as perhaps as big as many of us think we are.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 09:28:37 AM »

It is serious and can have very serious consequences. If I started throwing lit fireworks in a shopping street with my eyes closed I would expect to be arrested and dealt with severely. If I threw lit fireworks over my neighbours garden fence not knowing if anybody was in the garden I would expect to be arrested and dealt with severely. It is hardly a defence to say that I did not mean to hit anybody, there are people about so it has the potential to hit and harm someone.
The perpetrators should be dealt with for their actions on the basis of their potential to cause harm through their irresponsible unthinking behaviour.
I agree they probably did not mean to cause harm. But in the same way a person who drinks and then drives and hits a pedestrian did not intend to cause harm when they embarked on their irresponsible journey.   

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »
If you can be arrested for hurling insults at a football match, you damned well should be arrested for hurling incendiary devices.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2013, 10:05:10 AM »

You might want to ask the family of the kid who was killed by one of these at a football match in Bolivia if they think it's a harmless can with smoke in it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal