collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ed for space  (Read 5758 times)

Offline ez

Re: Press-ed for space
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
It was an entertaining match unusually for England. I'm always confident England will qualify for the finals. What they do when they get there is another story.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »
Good article Dave - as ever!
The England thing doesn't bother me much at all.
As it's my country I like to see England do well but if we hadn't qualified it wouldn't have bothered me at all.
I chose to support the Villa in the way I do (the family links helped sway me!) and I go to great lengths to follow them home and away as often as I can. The way we play and our results affect me enormously - i'm on Cloud Nine for days following a win and a miserable depressive if we lose.
I love the Villa.
I'm totally indifferent about the national side. And that's partly to do with the media hype that swings from one extreme to another like it does with the Sky 4. We beat Arse - "sack Wenger". 2 games later "Will Arse win the league?" FFS!
"Populist" football is shit.
UTV!

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »
I'd rather see the Villa win a corner than England win the World Cup.  Sorry, but the thought of people fawning over national heroes Sir Wayne Rooney and Sir Ashley Cole for the rest of my life is too unbearable to comprehend.  Used to get excited about it, probably up until Euro 2004, but the golden generation (of arseholes) put paid to that.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 08:39:35 PM »
Well I guess I'm the only one that will not agree with that article.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 08:49:17 PM »
...  the thought of people fawning over national heroes Sir Wayne Rooney and Sir Ashley Cole for the rest of my life is too unbearable to comprehend.  Used to get excited about it, probably up until Euro 2004, but the golden generation (of arseholes) put paid to that.
Yeah, pretty much how I feel.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 11:43:04 PM »
Although I severely dislike some of the England team (not too bad atm), I would love more than anything for us to win a World Cup.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 05:56:49 AM »
...  the thought of people fawning over national heroes Sir Wayne Rooney and Sir Ashley Cole for the rest of my life is too unbearable to comprehend.  Used to get excited about it, probably up until Euro 2004, but the golden generation (of arseholes) put paid to that.
Yeah, pretty much how I feel.

Well that is exactly how I felt but strangely started to give a shit again in the last 18 months or so once Hodgson was appointed and 2 of the biggest arseholes (Terry and Rio) have been moved on. Like others though wouldn't have been too bothered if we hadn't qualified - enjoyed both WC94 and Euro08 as much as others.

non qualification would have meant even more fawning for Appy Arry by the redtops especially that Scumbag Murdoch owned one. I wouldn't wipe my arse with that thing

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 11:12:04 AM »
Well I guess I'm the only one that will not agree with that article.

You're not the only one. I've always been a big England fan and I'm not going to change that just because some of the players are arseholes. There has been several Villa players over the years that I haven't liked but that doesn't stop me loving the Villa.

I love the international tournaments and am really looking forward to the WC, despite the fact that I expect England to get no further than the round of 16.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 10:15:06 PM »
Eek! You wont like my latest piece on the international side then!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal