collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October  (Read 25686 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »
Okay then, I'll give you a little info from the night...

Doesn't look like the zorbing at halft time will be returning.

Bugger. I won't be attending again then.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 10:30:57 AM »
There's nothing from the club because it's not the club's stuff to share, it was a Trust meeting.
The club don't deserve to be berated here, because they didn't have to be present at this meeting, they chose to meet with a group of interested fan prior to the Trust AGM.
Like I say, I am new to The Trust, and until I feel surer of protocols around these things, I don't feel secure to share the contents of this meeting. To be honest, the tone of the questions before anything has been said, doesn't incline me towards wanting to open myself up for questions about what was actually said!

Offline eastie

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »
There's nothing from the club because it's not the club's stuff to share, it was a Trust meeting.
The club don't deserve to be berated here, because they didn't have to be present at this meeting, they chose to meet with a group of interested fan prior to the Trust AGM.
Like I say, I am new to The Trust, and until I feel surer of protocols around these things, I don't feel secure to share the contents of this meeting. To be honest, the tone of the questions before anything has been said, doesn't incline me towards wanting to open myself up for questions about what was actually said!

Keep your powder dry Amfy , as doug used to say :)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 10:50:12 AM »

And that stops you from joining?

No but it stops me from being there, which is what you originally asked of course.

And now I'm asking why you are suddenly so bothered about a group that you have never shown the slightest interest in before.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »

No but it stops me from being there, which is what you originally asked of course.

And now I'm asking why you are suddenly so bothered about a group that you have never shown the slightest interest in before.

How the hell do you know what I'm interested in and not interested in? You don't know me from Adam so stop pretending otherwise. The only thing any of us on here know for sure about each other is that we're all Villa fans, and when there's a meeting between fans and the club then it's pretty obvious Villa supporters might be interested. Is that so difficult for you to understand?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 11:13:56 AM »

How the hell do you know what I'm interested in and not interested in? You don't know me from Adam so stop pretending otherwise. The only thing any of us on here know for sure about each other is that we're all Villa fans, and when there's a meeting between fans and the club then it's pretty obvious Villa supporters might be interested. Is that so difficult for you to understand?

Given that you're not a member, you've never been a member, you've not mentioned them on here before, you've never been to any of their meetings and you've never got involved in any of their work I would say there's a good chance that you've never been interested in them before.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 11:22:27 AM »

Given that you're not a member, you've never been a member, you've not mentioned them on here before, you've never been to any of their meetings and you've never got involved in any of their work I would say there's a good chance that you've never been interested in them before.

But I'm interested in a meeting between the Villa and a group of fans. Again, is that so difficult for you to understand?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »

But I'm interested in a meeting between the Villa and a group of fans. Again, is that so difficult for you to understand?

I understand you perfectly.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »

And I understand you perfectly as well. Especially when it comes to the people running the club.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »

And I understand you perfectly as well. Especially when it comes to the people running the club.

Yes, it's called being fair and responding appropriately. It's the opposite of moaning for the sake of it and I suggest you try it some time. I suggest you also read the post above that says this was a Trust meeting and it's up to them to decide how this widely the discussion was circulated and while you're at it find one mention I've made in this thread about the "people running the club".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:49:39 AM by dave.woodhall »

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2013, 11:58:33 AM »

Yes, it's called being fair and responding appropriately. It's the opposite of moaning for the sake of it and I suggest you try it some time. I suggest you also read the post above that says this was a Trust meeting and it's up to them to decide how this widely the discussion was circulated and while you're at it find one mention I've made in this thread about the "people running the club".

I never asked for the full minutes of the meeting so don't get your knickers in a twist. We're all Villa fans so it's only natural we would be interested in a meeting with the people who run the club. Surely you can see that point of view?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »
I'd be interested in what was said but if the Supporters Trust don't wish to circulate it, that's fine. I know I can always join whenever I want to.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2013, 12:08:27 PM »
I'm not talking about the full minutes so desist with the childishness. The "people who run the club" talk to lots of supporters all the time yet you never ask what happens on every other occasion but if you really want to know, nothing was said of any great importance. In fact, it was so bland that I can't remember any point that was worth remembering although someone did ask why we didn't make greater effort to push the fact that Tom Hanks is a Villa fan. Now that you're as aware of what went on as I am, how about confirming your interest in this particular group by joining here http://www.villatrust.org.uk/ ?

Offline eastie

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »
I'm not talking about the full minutes so desist with the childishness. The "people who run the club" talk to lots of supporters all the time yet you never ask what happens on every other occasion but if you really want to know, nothing was said of any great importance. In fact, it was so bland that I can't remember any point that was worth remembering although someone did ask why we didn't make greater effort to push the fact that Tom Hanks is a Villa fan. Now that you're as aware of what went on as I am, how about confirming your interest in this particular group by joining here http://www.villatrust.org.uk/ ?

Having looked at the link it is worth joining - could you telll me regarding the voting if you have to be there in person or is there a postal vote , proxy vote system in place ?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »

Having looked at the link it is worth joining - could you telll me regarding the voting if you have to be there in person or is there a postal vote , proxy vote system in place ?

There was a postal vote available for the last meeting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal