collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October  (Read 25691 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 09:08:49 AM »
Congratulations Amfy , I'm sure you will excel in the role .

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 09:14:54 AM »
I went along. It was informative and good honest dialogue with the club. If you want to attend the next similar event and find out what was said, then you too can become a member of the Aston Villa Supporters Trust.

Well what exactly was you informed about? I can vouch for being a supporter without signing up to anything, and would kindly like to know what the fuck was said?

I can see that you've apologised for being a bit sharp here, but actually, at the top of this thread it is clear that you didn't have to sign up for anything to attend. That was why the thread was started, otherwise Trust members would have just been informed in the normal way and you wouldn't have even known it was happening.

So the meeting wasn't particularly confidential, and to be honest there weren't any amazing revelations that you're missing out on, but we have to respect that PF's willingness to share some personal thoughts, feelings and insights may have been influenced by the size of the audience, and the fact that he already knew most of us in some form or other. So to come on here and repeat it all, just feels a bit wrong somehow.

In fact, I have started to put something together regarding the general gist of the meeting a few times, but just ended up deleting it. However, everyone should bear in mind that PF didn't have to be at the meeting at all, they didn't have to give us a room at Villa Park, & he didn't have to keep back most of his Senior Management Team in case we had any questions of them. This is an example of the club being open and willing to answer questions.

I appreciate that getting to Villa Park midweek isn't possible for everyone, but for those who can, why not just come along next time and see for yourself how open they can be.

Anyway - what I can say is that I got asked to be a Director of The Trust in the role of Club Liaison Officer. They have asked me to do this due to my pro-active role in the safe standing debate. I have not been very involved in The Trust in the past, other than collecting for The McGregor statue, so I am not sure what this involves yet, but I guess I will be trying to get stuff going around other relevant suppporter interests and campaigns. If there are things I should be taking forward, please let me know.

What's the point in the club speaking to the fans if it's just a small group of them who then cannot report back to the rest of us?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 09:18:27 AM »
The point is that they were talking to The Suppporters Trust.
The Supporters Trust decided that it would be good to open it up and allow other fans to attend.
They talked to those who attended.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 09:25:13 AM »
The point is that they were talking to The Suppporters Trust.
The Supporters Trust decided that it would be good to open it up and allow other fans to attend.
They talked to those who attended.

But not every fan can join the Trust for various things, be it work commitments or logistic reasons, so why not just share what was said with the rest of us?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 09:36:59 AM »
Re-read my post.
Nothing new or particularly controversial was said.
If I post what was said, I can then expect to be cross examined on it.
I'm not The General

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »
Re-read my post.
I'm not The General

So if nothing new or controversial was said why on earth are they being so secretive about it?

Offline eastie

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »
Re-read my post.
I'm not The General

So if nothing new or controversial was said why on earth are they being so secretive about it?

I wouldn't expect faulkner to say anything revealing at these type of meetings in all honesty - he will just say what he wants people to know . More a pr exercise than anything .

Offline eastie

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
Edit, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:56:24 AM by eastie »

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 09:54:08 AM »
Re-read my post.
I'm not The General

I wouldn't expect faulkner to say anything revealing at these type of meetings in all honesty - he will just say what he wants people to know . More a pr exercise than anything .

Usually they love shouting their mouth off to anyone when it comes to PR. I was just wondering why they are so secretive about a meeting with the Trust when it's claimed nothing of note was said.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »
Re-read my post.
I'm not The General

Usually they love shouting their mouth off to anyone when it comes to PR. I was just wondering why they are so secretive about a meeting with the Trust when it's claimed nothing of note was said.

If you're so interested why weren't you there?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »
Re-read my post.
I'm not The General

Because I work for a living, and work shifts. Is that okay with you, Dave?

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »
Okay then, I'll give you a little info from the night...

Doesn't look like the zorbing at halft time will be returning.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 10:07:48 AM »
Thank McGrath for small mercies!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 10:17:09 AM »
Re-read my post.
I'm not The General

And that stops you from joining?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »
Re-read my post.
I'm not The General

And that stops you from joining?

No but it stops me from being there, which is what you originally asked of course.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal