collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October  (Read 25653 times)

Offline Woody

Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October
« on: October 13, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »
ROOM Change:  Now in Directors Lounge, Trinity Rd Stand access via Trinity Reception.

The Villa Trust are pleased to confirm Villa’s CEO Paul Faulkner and CFO Robin Russell will participate in a Q&A session ahead of our Trust AGM on the evening of 24th October at Villa Park.

Paid-voting members are guaranteed entry to the Q&A session. Notice of the AGM has been issued and voting members are requested to confirm their attendance or submit their voting preferences.

Free, non-voting members who have completed the sign up process on the Trust website can email the Trust at enquiries@villatrust.org.uk if they would like to be added to the waiting list for this event. If spaces become available, then they will be offered on a first come-first served basis.

Non-members - please sign up for free at our website and email us to be wait listed.

To guarantee entry to the Q&A session with the CEO and CFO, upgrade your membership status today for as little as £5. Use the Join button on the left navigation bar to complete the application form and payment.

If current members or previous members have not received their AGM notice or renewal notice respectively, then email us at enquiries@villatrust.org.uk
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:55:03 PM by Woody »

Offline Woody

Re: Q&A forum with Faulkner 24th October
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »
We are 3 days away from the Q&A forum with Paul and Robin.  Spaces are still available for the Q&A.  Please sign up as a minimum as a free member and notify us of your attendance on enquiries@villatrust.org.uk.

Many thanks
Tony

Offline Woody

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »
Doors will open at 7pm on Thursday 24th October at the Players Lounge Entrance, corner of North Stand and Trinity Road Stand (within the Players Car Park area).  The Q&A forum will start promptly at 7.30pm.

Offline Woody

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »
Please note that the room for the AGM and Q&A forum with Paul Faulkner and Robin Russell tomorrow (Thursday 24th) has now changed to the Directors Suite (2nd floor, Trinity Rd stand) accessed via the Trinity Reception.

Apologies for the short notice in room change at Villa Park

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
Any early reports on how this went?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 08:23:15 AM »
Why don't they have a report on the Q and A on the official website? One thing that gets complained about is that we don't hear enough from anyone inside the workings of the club so this seems an easy opportunity to get some news.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
No feedback on here either- perhaps no one turned up!
Or maybe every entrant to the event had to sign the official secrets act so that
the planned Ronaldo and Messi signings in January are kept hush hush
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 12:42:49 PM by MalcolmP »

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
This event was for members of the Villa Trust so presumably those who are members will be informed of what took place.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 01:16:12 AM »
I went along. It was informative and good honest dialogue with the club. If you want to attend the next similar event and find out what was said, then you too can become a member of the Aston Villa Supporters Trust.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 01:33:45 AM »
I went along. It was informative and good honest dialogue with the club. If you want to attend the next similar event and find out what was said, then you too can become a member of the Aston Villa Supporters Trust.

Well what exactly was you informed about? I can vouch for being a supporter without signing up to anything, and would kindly like to know what the fuck was said?

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 01:36:04 AM »
That was a bit sharp, I apologise. Just pretty pissed off at the moment, especially considering how little we hear from those above.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 01:56:51 AM »
That was a bit sharp, I apologise. Just pretty pissed off at the moment, especially considering how little we hear from those above.

I asked elsewhere. I was told that because there was some pretty straight talk going on it was requested by the club that the conversations remain confidential. It seems everyone who attended has honoured that. Which is fair enough.

I cant imagine there was anything of great importance said to be honest and if there was then at some point the club will say it publicly.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 01:05:01 AM »

I asked elsewhere. I was told that because there was some pretty straight talk going on it was requested by the club that the conversations remain confidential. It seems everyone who attended has honoured that. Which is fair enough.

I cant imagine there was anything of great importance said to be honest and if there was then at some point the club will say it publicly.

Yeah you are right c'n'b. I don't know what I would have expected anyway, you never really learn too much from these sorts of things.

Would have been nice to have finally found out that we will be buying Lewandowski with the Benteke funds. Best keep it hush though as other teams might get involved.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 03:53:52 AM »

Yeah you are right c'n'b. I don't know what I would have expected anyway, you never really learn too much from these sorts of things.

Would have been nice to have finally found out that we will be buying Lewandowski with the Benteke funds. Best keep it hush though as other teams might get involved.

Bloody hell wouldnt that be great? :)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 08:59:28 AM »

Well what exactly was you informed about? I can vouch for being a supporter without signing up to anything, and would kindly like to know what the fuck was said?

I can see that you've apologised for being a bit sharp here, but actually, at the top of this thread it is clear that you didn't have to sign up for anything to attend. That was why the thread was started, otherwise Trust members would have just been informed in the normal way and you wouldn't have even known it was happening.

So the meeting wasn't particularly confidential, and to be honest there weren't any amazing revelations that you're missing out on, but we have to respect that PF's willingness to share some personal thoughts, feelings and insights may have been influenced by the size of the audience, and the fact that he already knew most of us in some form or other. So to come on here and repeat it all, just feels a bit wrong somehow.

In fact, I have started to put something together regarding the general gist of the meeting a few times, but just ended up deleting it. However, everyone should bear in mind that PF didn't have to be at the meeting at all, they didn't have to give us a room at Villa Park, & he didn't have to keep back most of his Senior Management Team in case we had any questions of them. This is an example of the club being open and willing to answer questions.

I appreciate that getting to Villa Park midweek isn't possible for everyone, but for those who can, why not just come along next time and see for yourself how open they can be.

Anyway - what I can say is that I got asked to be a Director of The Trust in the role of Club Liaison Officer. They have asked me to do this due to my pro-active role in the safe standing debate. I have not been very involved in The Trust in the past, other than collecting for The McGregor statue, so I am not sure what this involves yet, but I guess I will be trying to get stuff going around other relevant suppporter interests and campaigns. If there are things I should be taking forward, please let me know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal