collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Southampton free travel  (Read 6602 times)

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Re: Southampton free travel
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »
We will go on the free coach if we can. Can't do it by train without stopping over and I can't be bothered to drive. It might be a nightmare but we'll take the chance.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »
Hull was the first time i'd been on an official coach for donkeys years. I thought it was decent. Even if the air con could have worked better.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »
This better not prevent me getting a ticket, I live in Southampton and figured I would easily get a ticket if it was mid week.

If I do get a ticket though it will be a great atmosphere especially as I live next door to the away pub.

Offline peter w

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 10:21:12 PM »
Ticket Office seem to know nothing about this.

They should read the OS more often.

You would have thought that they would have been briefed this before it went online. Otherwise you end up with staff complaining that they are being treated like mushrooms and rightly so.

To be honest its more that its appears very unprofessional on a business sense.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
I don't like mushrooms but I like mushroom soup, why is that ?

I love mushrooms, yet do not like mushroom soup. I wonder what the so-called 'experts'would make of these contradictions?

Offline peter w

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 10:36:47 PM »
I don't like mushrooms but I like mushroom soup, why is that ?

I love mushrooms, yet do not like mushroom soup. I wonder what the so-called 'experts'would make of these contradictions?

Its called 'Red Sauce Rohypnol'. Normally sane people just go stupid and lose all control of their senses and do things like putting Ketchup on a bacon or sausage sandwich. if you are one of these people then you are just having flashbacks which is a symptom of Red Sauce Rohypnol.

If you don't have RSR then seek help, as this could be a new strain of the illness. Might even name it after you.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
I don't care if It's a free coach I'd never go on the official coach (nice gesture though)

Just curious, but why not?

I went to West Ham a few years ago and it left too late and we got stuck in traffic and missed the kick off, Then I went to Leicester in the cup we got picked up at like 3.30 then drove to the first service station then sat there for an hour, we got to Leicester 35 mins before kick off then got back in 45 mins. They always show crap films like Mrs Doubtfire and I feel like I'm being watched If I have a laugh, I usually go with Steve from outside the police station at like 9am so then I get to have a drink before hand

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 01:56:50 PM »
I don't care if It's a free coach I'd never go on the official coach (nice gesture though)

Just curious, but why not?

I went to West Ham a few years ago and it left too late and we got stuck in traffic and missed the kick off, Then I went to Leicester in the cup we got picked up at like 3.30 then drove to the first service station then sat there for an hour, we got to Leicester 35 mins before kick off then got back in 45 mins. They always show crap films like Mrs Doubtfire and I feel like I'm being watched If I have a laugh, I usually go with Steve from outside the police station at like 9am so then I get to have a drink before hand

I've been with official once (I think it was Wigan) and we stopped at a service station for 45 mins. It's put me off travelling with them again.

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 01:58:32 PM »
4 hours to get to Leicester put me off for life

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »
I would guess that the problem of lengthy waits at services is because traffic regulations state that coaches have to arrive at away games 1-2 hours before kick-off so they have to hang around if they're early. For independent coaches that's no problem - a longer pub stop. The officials have nowhere else to wait.

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
You're probably right Dave, it's just annoying

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »
We arrived at the Hull ground over 2 hours before KO. No stops on the way.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »
We arrived at the Hull ground over 2 hours before KO. No stops on the way.

I think they will probably go direct if there is more than a couple of coaches. Doubt they would be allowed to stop at a service station with 10+ coaches, especially on a motorway being used by other supporters at the same time.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »
Shame it's been moved to midweek as would have done a night in Bournemouth and the game like last year.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »
Shame it's been moved to midweek as would have done a night in Bournemouth and the game like last year.

It hasn't been moved. It was always scheduled for midweek.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal