collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bringing Her to the Villa Game  (Read 15743 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Bringing Her to the Villa Game
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2013, 09:57:27 PM »
What about H&V's fine female-folk?

Online frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
Took my ex to two matches in the 70s.
We beat Arsenal 5-0 and Everton 5-1.
May have the scores slightly wrong, but something like that. Andy Gray scored loads!

Only found out some time later, when I met her Dad, that she was a Sky Blues fan.
Never took her again.

When we won in '82 and I was dancing around the living room, laughing and crying hysterically and emotionally, screaming and wailing whilst trying to phone my brother and sister who were doing the same as me, she told me to calm down.

I did say "my ex"!

Offline peter w

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »
What about H&V's fine female-folk?

I will take the 5th.

Offline Ego Uhiogu

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2013, 01:59:01 PM »
I took my ex to Wigan at home last season. It was quite awkward having to explain that I don't see her at the weekend because I enjoy watching that shower so much more than having her company. That fateful afternoon may or may not have played a part in out break up.

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2013, 05:19:18 PM »
Being as I've now with my girlfriend for over 8 months, I finally decided (after a bit of nagging) to bring her to a Villa game. It won't be much of a shock to her, as she occasionally goes with her dad, a ST holder in the Trinity, but it's still going to be weird for me, as I've genuinely never gone to a Villa game with a female - not that there's anything wrong with that of course. She knows I'm very passionate about the Villa and is expecting to see me a go a bit nuts.

Thought I'd just go for it and bring her in the Holte with me for the Everton game, she's quite excited but mostly for the Balti pie.

How did this go for everyone else?

Funnily enough, I took my wife to her first Villa game against Everton in the Holte, on a Sunday, when visiting from Canada. She loved it. We went to Barcelona V Valencia a few years later and she said that there was a better atmosphere at Villa Park than the Nou Camp.

In total that's 4 girls I have taken to see the Villa.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2013, 05:40:05 PM »
Disaster... my bird still brings up my behaviour in arguments when I took her to an away game 3-4 years ago.

To be fair I've seen the state of you at a couple of away games, I'm not surpised  ;D

Haha I think I know who this is, I have not been to an away day since the last time you seen me and have quit the booze!

Also my bird said "I never ever see you this happy?"... can't really explain that.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2013, 05:46:14 PM »
My girlfriend is as big a Villa fan as me, so that's not a problem. She doesn't swear, however, whereas I'm sure I have Tourette's. I always intend to moderate the language, but it's impossible at the football. She also says my accent gets stronger.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »
I like your use of the word "bring" her to the game, rather than "take" her.  It suggests you live at VP rather than merely visit it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal