collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Police hunt Villa fans after brutal attack at station  (Read 12897 times)

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
Re: Police hunt Villa fans after brutal attack at station
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
"For reasons unknown at this time, the banter escalated"

Probably better to judge after we know full details. Horrible thing to do. But something may have pushed them over the edge..

Unbelievable comment.

Offline eastie

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 07:00:37 PM »

Probably better to judge after we know full details. Horrible thing to do. But something may have pushed them over the edge..

Violence is never acceptable, no matter what the provocation

Indeed, whatever was or wasn't said can be no excuse for such violence .
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:29:31 PM by eastie »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 07:07:19 PM »

Unbelievable comment.

Fair comment. Is provocation not taken into account in law?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 07:13:21 PM »
Probably best to lock this down for the family and for legal reasons.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »
There isn't a tariff whereby you can inflict violence on someone depending on the severity of whatever they might have said to you.  What kind of person has so little self-control that words are enough to provoke them into hospitalising someone?  Far be it from me to answer my own question but 'a pinhead' probably sums it up.

It's as absurd as kids stabbing each other 'because he looked at me funny'.  For fuck's sake.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 08:49:18 PM »

Unbelievable comment.

We know nothing. They could know each other and there might be previous between them and this "banter" might have a bit more to it.

It may just be a cowardly act, but until full facts are known its better to leave it to the police.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 08:49:30 PM »
The perils of 'bants' laid bare.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
There isn't a tariff whereby you can inflict violence on someone depending on the severity of whatever they might have said to you.  What kind of person has so little self-control that words are enough to provoke them into hospitalising someone?  Far be it from me to answer my own question but 'a pinhead' probably sums it up.

It's as absurd as kids stabbing each other 'because he looked at me funny'.  For fuck's sake.

It was just a question on a point of law. What about if he threatened them? Wouldn't that be taken into account?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 08:52:58 PM »
Ps the fella on the right is a regular, no idea who he is but a regular.

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 09:01:14 PM »

It was just a question on a point of law. What about if he threatened them? Wouldn't that be taken into account?

Provocation used to be a partial defence to murder only, reducing it to manslaughter if successful. It's now called 'loss of self control':

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2009/25/section/54

It's not easy

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »
The perils of 'bants' laid bare.

In't it "bantz"?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 12:17:37 PM »
Glad to say it was one of my oldest pals that helped the bloke out after it happened.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 12:48:44 PM »
“For reasons unknown at this time, the banter escalated which resulted in the two men launching a violent assault on the victim, kicking him in the head and raining a number of blows to his body, causing him to fall from the platform onto the railway tracks.

I don't know about others, but I genuinely don't think I could actually kick another person in the head. I just couldn't do it and can't even begin to understand what makes someone able to do that.

It's like when you hear about people getting their head stamped on in a fight.

How on earth can someone bring themselves to do that to another person?

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »
“For reasons unknown at this time, the banter escalated which resulted in the two men launching a violent assault on the victim, kicking him in the head and raining a number of blows to his body, causing him to fall from the platform onto the railway tracks.

I don't know about others, but I genuinely don't think I could actually kick another person in the head. I just couldn't do it and can't even begin to understand what makes someone able to do that.

Totally agree paulie.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

it is very difficult Paulie, many years ago and I am not famed for being at all aggressive, I was in a curry house when I was "started on" over how to split the bill......stupid really but the lad who had joined us was a notorious tight arse and I said something to him about this. not rude or in anyway agressive.
He "offered" me outside which I really did not want to do as he was bigger and younger than me, but outside we went....

we are standing in the middle of the road with a crowd around us and he steams in so I punched him once as hard as I could which rocked him back, he then came and hit me a couple of times so I threw another and that connected too......he drops to the floor and I instinctively kicked him... i am not proud of it but once my adrenalin was flowing I could not help myself.....punching each other although not great I found exceptable but I was so ashamed of kicking him I actually went looking for him the following day to apologise which I did and he accepted to my suprise.
funny enough we played football together awhile later and actually got on ok.

so my 3 fight career lasted over 45 years...consisting of one apology, one knock out and a drubbing by three lads walking home one night.... :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal