collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Benteke injury update  (Read 43075 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Benteke injury update
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2013, 06:05:02 PM »
Anyway I expect him to start tomorrow.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
says he wasn't worried, bet he was shitting his pants really

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2013, 08:06:59 PM »

Many of fans were based on every new tweet or rumour from any old bollocks start up website. I can believe Lambert wasn't because he actually had the facts and importantly the backing of his board.

Offline john e

« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »

Many of fans were based on every new tweet or rumour from any old bollocks start up website. I can believe Lambert wasn't because he actually had the facts and importantly the backing of his board.

Yes it all turned out fine and dandy
And because of that Lambert can be as bullish as he wants, doesn't mean to say he actually didn't have moments of concern

The fact is Benteke put in a transfer request, he wanted out at some point,

It didn't happen and we are all glad of that, but most on here including me thought he was gone, Lambert was on holiday at the time, my guess is he probably felt the same way until he returned and had his chat

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2013, 01:32:04 PM »
Thing is John it's a business to them. They don't have our emotional attachment to players. I don't entirely dismiss him him not being concerned, but I doubt he was shitting his pants is the point I was making.

Offline john e

« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2013, 01:36:20 PM »
Thing is John it's a business to them. They don't have our emotional attachment to players. I don't entirely dismiss him him not being concerned, but I doubt he was shitting his pants is the point I was making.

The shitting his pants bit was just a turn of phrase,
But it was more than twitter and Internet rumour as Benteke put n a proper request,

I don't think any less of him for that, I have always admired his openness and honesty about his intentions, he's different to most other footballers in that respect that hide behind agents etc,

Lets hope he gives us some more joy this afternoon

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2013, 02:05:37 PM »
I think what Lambert was saying is that it was easy for a young kid to be misled and given how quick it was all resolved once they spoke in person he might be right. Remember when the news broke of a new deal almost all of us had given up any hope of him staying. Benteke only had at the one dope mate/agent of his at the time giving him advice, who had him bluff called and ended up looking a twat.

Offline eastie

« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
I think what Lambert was saying is that it was easy for a young kid to be misled and given how quick it was all resolved once they spoke in person he might be right. Remember when the news broke of a new deal almost all of us had given up any hope of him staying. Benteke only had at the one dope mate/agent of his at the time giving him advice, who had him bluff called and ended up looking a twat.

I don't think benteke is a naive kid considering the way he left genk , he was offered a huge increase in wages by villa and there were no bids for him that we considered so he did the best thing for his career which was to stay at villa on hugely increased terms - everyone is happy .
Maybe when he put in his request he thought villa may ask about £20m for him and there would be a queue of clubs after him - in the end the club played a blinder.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #203 on: October 20, 2013, 02:40:21 PM »
Actually his actions suggest he was completely naive. I don't think he's stupid and I think he was involved in what went on but he was still naive to take advice from an agent who has hardly made a name for himself in the game with current or past clients. In fact without Benteke he'd has nothing at all.

Offline eastie

« Reply #204 on: October 20, 2013, 02:55:07 PM »
Actually his actions suggest he was completely naive. I don't think he's stupid and I think he was involved in what went on but he was still naive to take advice from an agent who has hardly made a name for himself in the game with current or past clients. In fact without Benteke he'd has nothing at all.

I think he thought there would be clubs in for him and probably was shocked that villa put such a high valuation on him - was all rather tacky and  fortunately the club didnt roll over and let him go on the cheap.
He may well have been aware of interest from other clubs because it does go on but our valuation probably killed that off.
All is forgiven now though and we move on with him, I certainly don't see him seeing his contract out but we will no doubt get a huge fee when he does eventually go .

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2013, 02:59:17 PM »
The most impressive bit is the new 4 year deal. It pits us in jus as strong a position next summer after he was won the Golden Boot in Brazil.

Offline eastie

« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »
The most impressive bit is the new 4 year deal. It pits us in jus as strong a position next summer after he was won the Golden Boot in Brazil.

Indeed, a good World Cup and he will have far better and bigger clubs than spurs chasing him.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2013, 03:09:33 PM »
Still out.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »
or maybe not!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal