collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Injury Time.  (Read 5210 times)

Offline davevillan

Re: Injury Time.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 10:47:26 PM »
It always seems to me that the injury time added in the second half is always longer than what is added in the first.
Wouldn't that be expected? Second halves tend to be the ones when substitutions happen and a substitution is a mandatory 30 seconds of added time.
Goals are supposed to add 30 seconds also, yet I've seen first halves with 4 goals that only have 1 minute added on
There is nothing in the laws that states that tho..generally in the 1st half it will be 1 or 2 mins, in the 2nd normally a min of 3, as that's when you tend to get more stoppages, ie subs, injuries, time wasting

Offline dcdavecollett

Re: Injury Time.
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2013, 12:15:13 AM »
I've always thought that the best way of dealing with the issue of time-wasting when goals are scored would be to amend the rules as follows: Team X score a goal; the referee retrieves the ball and makes his way at his own pace to the centre-circle and places the ball on the spot. When Team A are ready, they kick-off.

This would prevent excessive and frankly tosseresque goal celebrations viz. last week's winner from the Car-toons when they realise halfway through their mutual masturbatory backslapping that eleven men are bearing down on their 'keeper at the other end of the pitch.

Problem solved!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal