collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NextGen Series - 100% Villa  (Read 7011 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: NextGen Series - 100% Villa
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 03:14:18 PM »
Wankers. Sent my protest in writing.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »
This is certainly what Dyke and the FA should be shouting from the rooftops. This, at a time when they are bemoaning the lack of English talent coming through, the best academies are being shunted into the sidings by UEFA's crass self interest.

Meanwhile the top clubs have even more leverage to hoover up the best young talent and then deny them the opportunity to develop into first teamers.

You could weep with anger and frustration.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 04:24:44 PM »

Me too.

Nice of them to thank me for sending it. They obviously haven't read it!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:27:23 PM by E I Adio »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
It is symptomatic of all that is wrong with modern football, but will it really help the favoured clubs?

The way I see it, if they take this seriously, they won't want to buy up the best youngsters and send them out on loan for years. If they don't take it seriously, that's what they will continue to do, preserving the status quo.

Meanwhile, youngsters who are really hungry may look at Villa more favourably as a club intent on producing first-teamers, rather than one that has maybe in the past been just a little bit preoccupied with winning junior competitions.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
Why am I not surprised by this!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »

Me too.

Nice of them to thank me for sending it. They obviously haven't read it!

I have also protested.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »
To play devil's advocate it's worth pointing out that NextGen was invite only so we only participated as we were lucky enough to get picked by whoever organises it. Now I accept that it seems unfair that we don't have the chance to defend our title and the qualifying criteria picked by UEFA seems unimaginative at best and elitist at worst but is it really any less fair than how we were selected for NextGen?

Yes significantly.  Whilst it was invite only they invited the clubs who had been successful at youth level domestically in recent years.  The new system is just a chance to help the top clubs that earn Uefa money to ensure they can continue to do so going forward.

How about a system of qualification by the youth teams that do best in their respective youth leagues ?

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »

me to

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 05:36:24 PM »
Shame - The rich get richer...

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 06:01:39 PM »
To play devil's advocate it's worth pointing out that NextGen was invite only so we only participated as we were lucky enough to get picked by whoever organises it. Now I accept that it seems unfair that we don't have the chance to defend our title and the qualifying criteria picked by UEFA seems unimaginative at best and elitist at worst but is it really any less fair than how we were selected for NextGen?

Yes significantly.  Whilst it was invite only they invited the clubs who had been successful at youth level domestically in recent years.  The new system is just a chance to help the top clubs that earn Uefa money to ensure they can continue to do so going forward.

How about a system of qualification by the youth teams that do best in their respective youth leagues ?
I have picked up these points in my own response to Eufa. I have also described their new competition  and invitational pool as unhelpfully and unrealistically exclusive, unimaginative, disappointing and uninspiring. For an organisation supposed to be about promoting and supporting the development of European football and players, wherever they may be, it's all that!

Reminded them of the success of NextGen as a competition and the excitement of watching a genuine competition in proper international match conditions and the response of the clubs and crowds involved. So, there's still time to change!

Not that they will, but I mentioned a number of teams besides Villa who are excluded by their criteria, and signed myself from London, so it doesn't look so much like a disgruntled Villa fan moaning. Which it is, of course, but with good reason!

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 06:04:22 PM »
and will some club enter this as they might not have the youth team good enough to compete.

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 06:12:37 PM »
Sent my complaint in. What's the point in using the standard value of the first team as a means of deciding the elite Academy teams? This is worse than the Bert Millichip "tough draw for the Villa" conspiracy- at least that could be said to be hard luck, not blatant denial of access!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »
Perhaps our kids should play the winners like the "whatever the fuck they call it" match played by Bayern Munich and Chelsea.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 07:54:55 AM »

Dyke shoulld be all over this like a rash.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 11:11:15 AM »

Dyke shoulld be all over this like a rash.

I fear, deep down, Dyke is as bad as the guys who run UEFA.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal