collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: KEA or Sylla?  (Read 26557 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: KEA or Sylla?
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »
It appears that players not playing when the team has had a couple of bad results become world beaters.

There's some truth in this observation, but on the other hand I read plenty of comments from people over the close season who were looking forward to seeing how Sylla would get on this season, so it feels a bit strange that we haven't seen him yet.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 09:58:48 AM »
For me Sylla, I thought he made great progress last season and wonder why he appears to have taken a step back in the pecking order.
His strength and surging runs are missed.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 10:22:42 AM »
I would have to go for Sylla I just think he offers more than KEA.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 12:29:18 PM »
KEA away from home, breaks play down more.

Sylla at home.

Not been impressed with Westwood and Weimann so far

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 12:35:13 PM »
Sylla is the new NRC he becomes a much better player with every game he doesn't play in

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 12:39:18 PM »
Sylla for me.  Agreed, Sylla's arrival brought our turnaround in form.  He's a great athlete, decent on the ball and adds steel to our midfield.  He's a must for me.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »
Sylla is the new NRC he becomes a much better player with every game he doesn't play in

Our form post January when he signed tends to tell a different story. He was very important in our revival.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »

I think Sylla is a much better footballer.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »
Sylla is better option for me but should we play 4 men midfield with Tonev, Delph, plus 2 from Westwood, Sylla and KEA

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »

Our form post January when he signed tends to tell a different story. He was very important in our revival.
As I said earlier, what makes you so positive that it was Sylla coming in rather than the formation change that made the difference?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »
Easy .  Sylla .  I was suprised KEA is 29 , i thought he was one of the Lambert young potential signings . Oh dear

Offline supertom

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »

As I said earlier, what makes you so positive that it was Sylla coming in rather than the formation change that made the difference?
I would say from the way we played with Sylla. I mean intitally he didn't get put in every week. We switched systems, but in the last couple of months it became evidently clear our best 3 was Westy, Delph and Sylla. Others kind of didn't really offer much when played. I'm thinking of Bannan in particular. Sylla to me looked a very good prospect indeed, particularly in the last few weeks. He was immense against Chelsea in particular. Not just his energy and running, but on the ball too. I've never seen KEA play as well as that so far.

I think had he not been injured in pre-season, Sylla would probably have started the season, but fair enough, KEA took his chance to shine in pre-season. But Prem opposition in competition football is a different prospect than a friendly against Crewe.

Actually that said, Westwood had a pretty average pre-season and it seems to have carried through.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »

I would say from the way we played with Sylla. I mean intitally he didn't get put in every week. We switched systems, but in the last couple of months it became evidently clear our best 3 was Westy, Delph and Sylla. Others kind of didn't really offer much when played. I'm thinking of Bannan in particular. Sylla to me looked a very good prospect indeed, particularly in the last few weeks. He was immense against Chelsea in particular. Not just his energy and running, but on the ball too. I've never seen KEA play as well as that so far.

I think had he not been injured in pre-season, Sylla would probably have started the season, but fair enough, KEA took his chance to shine in pre-season. But Prem opposition in competition football is a different prospect than a friendly against Crewe.

Actually that said, Westwood had a pretty average pre-season and it seems to have carried through.

The role Sylla played was the important thing, which was screening further up the pitch.  When we've played badly under Lambert it has often been when a deep-lying midfielder for the opposition has been given the time and space to dictate the tempo (David Luiz in that game being the best example), Sylla stopped that happening.  I think Bacuna will do a similar job in there once he gets up to speed but he has a little more about him in the final 3rd from what I've seen.  That way we can have Delph and Sylla competing for the all energy defensive role, Bacuna or hopefully Gardner screening in front and westwood and kea being the anchor dictating the tempo and blocking the space around the edge of the box.

For the time being though Sylla would give us the pressing and work rate slightly in front that was particularly missing on Sat.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 01:54:29 PM »
I would say Sylla had a massive impact, because his high energy and physicality helped press the ball and give teams less time to play against us. He also increase the tempo of our midfield, which helped create chances.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
Sylla

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal