collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Negativity  (Read 33310 times)

Offline MonsXI

Re: Negativity
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 06:59:28 AM »
I think the negativity is part of the reason for being shite at home, the moans and groans after a misplaced pass can't help spur on the lads. The very small minority booing on Saturday left me shaking my head in disbelief.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 06:59:38 AM »
I agree with your sentiment Leeg, however yet another home defeat to a very poor Newcastle side combined with such a poor performance left people entitled to a bit of spleen-venting.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 07:13:06 AM »
37 points, 34 games to play....

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 07:24:06 AM »
I think the negativity is part of the reason for being shite at home, the moans and groans after a misplaced pass can't help spur on the lads. The very small minority booing on Saturday left me shaking my head in disbelief.

I thought I heard people booing too. Disappointing.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 07:32:55 AM »

I thought I heard people booing too. Disappointing.

There was definite booing at half and full time in the Holte.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 07:53:21 AM »
I think any regular season-ticket holder over the last few years were entitled to feel exasperated last Saturday. After all the optimism of the end of last season, a decent summer and a promising start to the season in difficult games, we once again were lacklustre in a bread and butter game - a common failing at VP. In some ways it was worse than the hiding we got in our first home game last season against Everton - at least they were a top side.

If anything, we - and especially folk who fork out hundreds of pound a year to attend VP, have been pretty measured in their constructive criticism. Our home form, both performances and results, is an utter joke.

This sums it up for me. After three years of struggling it was hard at the final whistle on Saturday to avoid thinking here we go again.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 08:16:40 AM »
I think my reaction came from the way I had framed the game. In my head I had the game as an acid test. Yes we'd played well in the games before, but we were at home to a side who we should be beating if we want to finish top 8.

Losing obviously doesn't bar us from doing well this campaign, but it was so disappointing to see us fail yet again. The only crumb of comfort I can take, is rather oddly, from the fact so many players played so poorly that you may just well be able to chalk it up to one of those days.

It wasn't a case of "this is the best we can do" as anybody who truly believes that I think is badly wrong. We know we can play a lot better, we've seen us play a lot better this season. There were five or six rank performances, some curious tactics and odd behaviour going which aided Newcastle to their win.

Things have to change at home. We need to be doubling the win tally; 10 wins at home isn't a great deal to ask for.

I am rather positive about Saturday though, as I think we're a good away side.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »
I missed the story about okore getting injured - is he going to be out for a long time?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 08:37:50 AM »
The league table doesnt lie

2011/12 we finished 5th from bottom [2 points off a possible relegation place]
2012/13 we finished 6th from bottom [5 points off a possible relegation place]
After 4 games of 2013/14 we are 4th from bottom

Is it going to get better?

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 08:38:32 AM »
I missed the story about okore getting injured - is he going to be out for a long time?

Not sure if sarcastic but he's ruptured his ACL and is out for up to 9 months.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 08:39:21 AM »
That's not a fair argument when we have had three of the toughest fixtures going to open our campaign. If we're still in the same position in 8-10 games time, then you can raise that argument.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »
I know , the latest one was where the away fans sit   , ffs

That was me and I only did so to suggest something that might help because I am sick of other teams coming away from VP with three points.

not the away fans fault IV . Its the manager , coaches and team Im afraid

I couldnt believe how dull the atmosphere was on Saturday but having witnessed that tripe , you cant blame the fans for not getting excited . I mean , I was in shock with what I was watching.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:00:54 AM by JUAN PABLO »

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 09:08:26 AM »
Shit news about the acl injury- pretty much the rest of the season then. That's a real pisser.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
I agree with your sentiment Leeg, however yet another home defeat to a very poor Newcastle side combined with such a poor performance left people entitled to a bit of spleen-venting.

I agree

The team played badly, so moaning at the ground and online is perfectly acceptable.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »
The team played badly and we can only hope it was a blip, but its disappointing not to have played better at home. We can argue about team set up and substitutions that maybe should have been made but at the end of the day Paul Lambert is manager and I trust him. His knockers need to take a look at the bigger picture and this is still work in progress, we are not going to storm up the league just because we escaped relegation last season.
Booing is childish and totally not supportive so pack it in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal