collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:40:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 12:38:12 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:36:41 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Negativity  (Read 33150 times)

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Negativity
« on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:04 PM »
I can't believe the negativity I've seen on here since the Newcastle game. Well actually I can, but can we relax a bit.

We were all completely behind Lambert and rejoicing in the fact that he is our manager and that the board stuck by him after Bradford (I'd say 'we', but many on here wanted him gone), suddenly a bad defeat and an unlucky injury and people are furious and criticising him. Chelsea had a bad result at the weekend, United had a bad result at Anfield. We are four games in.

I trust Lambert, this is early days, we are four games in and have had one excellent result and two decent performances out of our first four games. Now they included three teams who could possibly challenge for the title and/or finish for the top four. We narrowly avoided relegation last season.

Let's put things into perspective please.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Negativity
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »
Couldn't agree more with your post. There are "I told you so" merchants on here who just can't wait after a couple of bad results to start hammering away how they were right!

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »
If I were PL I would be looking for new coaching staff and sort out the flaws and keep eye open on upcoming playmakers.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 11:59:26 PM »
Think PL should call on his Viking ancestors and just, well, pillage.
The other option is probably against FA laws.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »
After some reflection, I'm hoping that Saturday was just a "stinker" brought on by the fact that we hadn't played for a few weeks.  It was way below the level of performance in the previous three games and hopefully we have got it out of our system for this coming weekend.  Must admit that the news about Okore is a massive blow though.

Offline Smirker

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:49:52 AM »
It's definitely a blow, I'm gutted about it but it's just unlucky & it could happen to any team, you can argue he should have bought more defenders but getting Okore in in the first place was a fantastic signing. Saturday was a bad result, I'm sure the players and the manager know that, which is why I think we'll smash Norwich.

Have a bit of faith lads. Lambert is taking us in the right direction.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 12:53:43 AM »
I think any regular season-ticket holder over the last few years were entitled to feel exasperated last Saturday. After all the optimism of the end of last season, a decent summer and a promising start to the season in difficult games, we once again were lacklustre in a bread and butter game - a common failing at VP. In some ways it was worse than the hiding we got in our first home game last season against Everton - at least they were a top side.

If anything, we - and especially folk who fork out hundreds of pound a year to attend VP, have been pretty measured in their constructive criticism. Our home form, both performances and results, is an utter joke.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 01:16:01 AM »
I think of myself as a positive supporter but I am one of the negative brigade right now.

Just sick and tired of looking down season after season, sick and tired of my club being regarded as an easy touch at home, angry that money buys the league and we are not in the money spending business anymore, negative about the season and back to dreading each game instead of looking forward to it.

I think I need a break from football to be honest. I should take one and not bring you lot down.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 02:12:52 AM »
I am sick of people making excuses for poor home performances and by the way all teams had a break.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 02:47:52 AM »
I know , the latest one was where the away fans sit   , ffs

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 03:27:22 AM »
I know , the latest one was where the away fans sit   , ffs

That was me and I only did so to suggest something that might help because I am sick of other teams coming away from VP with three points.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 03:47:52 AM »
I actually noticed that Sunderland have moved away fans from behind the goal. I've not really been on much since Newcastle as I knew the mood would be shit, when your not winning (again) the mood will change. I think people are fed up of not winning games, speaking for myself I'm sick to the back teeth of it. It is early days but after 4 games again were hovering over bottom 4. I know it's early days but already were looking poor defensively and losing Okore is massive at this stage. Can't buy till January and I'm not convinced we will or if we do can Lambert buy the right player? He hasn't so far (in defence) Okore looked a good signing but we won't see anything now and Vlaar, baker, Clark don't do it for me. why we didn't strengthen more is beyond me

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 06:41:33 AM »
When I saw the opening four fixtures I thought we'd be on three points. The fact those three points came away at Arsenal is the only difference. We are in amongst a group of 12 sides who'll be consistently inconsistent this season. There'll be Mondays on here when we'll see positive predictions of grabbing 8th spot after we've gone and got a result at somewhere like Anfield and other Mondays where it'll be doom and gloom after we've got turned over at Selhurst Park. That's football fans though, emotional rather than logical.

Offline Smirker

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 06:44:19 AM »
I am sick of people making excuses for poor home performances and by the way all teams had a break.

Who's making excuses? It was a bad defeat.

We had a lot to shout about post Arsenal, I just find the way the optimism has completely gone, reactionary.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 06:52:29 AM »
Did someone mention the word 'fickle'? Bunch of sugarbags.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal