collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa player loan watch  (Read 217244 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Jack Grealish to join Notts County on loan .
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 12:29:46 AM »
"Loan watch" thread?

That's for players out playing on loan , this is news of grealish going out on loan, there's a difference.

There's nothing wrong with this thread, but I was suggesting that with all these players going out on loan, maybe we start a loan watch thread so we could talk about how they're all doing.

Sorry, i misunderstood your point, yes a loan watch thread may be interesting with Burke, grealish, Stevens, Fonz etc out on loan .

Not forgetting Stevie I.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Villa player loan watch
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »
The one good thing about the Youth Champions League being scrapped is that we have to get those players loan moves. It has seemed in the last couple of years that we've actively avoided loaning these players out because they had big European games at their level.

The other good thing is we are Champions forever.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 03:20:35 AM »
So how did Edna and Jackie get on?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 07:49:23 AM »
MK Dons beat Notts County 3-1. Carruthers seems to have had a good game: got an 8 in the 'Milton Keynes Citizen'!

I do wonder if Carruthers could come in and actually make a positive difference in an attacking midfield role. You'd have to think Tonev was ahead of him, but he seems more N'Zogbia-like to me. Would leave us exposed. Carruthers looks like he can mix it up.

But it's a big step up from league one.

Offline supertom

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 07:57:21 AM »
Thought it was interesting to note that Darren Bent has picked up an injury already at Fulham. Thigh strain I believe, which he had once or twice with us. He's been pretty injury prone over the last couple of years in particular. That would mark another reason why we just couldnt carry a player on his wages here, even if Lambert could have got him performing. I don't think Benty will ever be the same player again that he was 2-3 years ago.

Offline eastie

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 08:47:30 AM »
MK Dons beat Notts County 3-1. Carruthers seems to have had a good game: got an 8 in the 'Milton Keynes Citizen'!

I do wonder if Carruthers could come in and actually make a positive difference in an attacking midfield role. You'd have to think Tonev was ahead of him, but he seems more N'Zogbia-like to me. Would leave us exposed. Carruthers looks like he can mix it up.

Carruthers will attack and take people on which is something we could do with - certainly hope lambert will give him a chance as he should have had one last season.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 12:31:02 PM »
Carruthers looked the part. 2 years ago. Strange he hasnt had a sniff under Lambert.  I wonder why?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »

Not as big a step up as it is from youth football though and Westwood/Lowton are 2 examples who have made the step up from League One to Premier League.

Offline danno

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »
Thought it was interesting to note that Darren Bent has picked up an injury already at Fulham. Thigh strain I believe, which he had once or twice with us. He's been pretty injury prone over the last couple of years in particular. That would mark another reason why we just couldnt carry a player on his wages here, even if Lambert could have got him performing. I don't think Benty will ever be the same player again that he was 2-3 years ago.

Its difficult to judge, he wasn't really playing under us. That's going to impact on his fitness.
He didn't have much of a pre season, and at his age the niggling injuries are picked up easier.
It may just be that the stop start nature of his time here is a root cause.

We'll know more once he's fit and has a run of games,
but if he can't stay injury free for very long, then yeah I can definitely see a Michael Owen-esque decline.

Offline supertom

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »

Its difficult to judge, he wasn't really playing under us. That's going to impact on his fitness.
He didn't have much of a pre season, and at his age the niggling injuries are picked up easier.
It may just be that the stop start nature of his time here is a root cause.

We'll know more once he's fit and has a run of games,
but if he can't stay injury free for very long, then yeah I can definitely see a Michael Owen-esque decline.

I mean the thing was, he started out as skipper for us under Lambert, then had a niggling injury and obviously never really got back in the side. But it did appear that he had a few fitness issues too.

In all honesty, when Benty has played in the last year, he appears to have lost a couple of yards of pace, which for me takes away a big part of his game. He's still got good movement in the box, but when it comes to hanging on a last high line defender, and breaking clear, Im not sure he can do that. Much like Owen too, his all round attributes aren't good enough to re-adapt his game.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 05:13:29 PM »
They seem to like Jack at Notts County

re: Team & Match Thread:
Grealish (?)... Best player ive seen in a Notts shirt in years

Boucard MOTM?
... never... Grealish by a country mile!

Zero coincidence that we started well Tuesday night, played well and won today.

Good Lad Jack

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 05:20:22 PM »

Boucard MOTM?

Good Lad Jack

Nice one. Keep it up Jack.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »

Boucard MOTM?

Good Lad Jack

Nice one. Keep it up Jack.

I still believe he'll be right in the first team squad by the end of the season, great player, has a great low centre of gravity so he drifts past people with ease.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »
BBC :
'Aston Villa teenage loanee Jack Grealish was a constant menace for the Magpies and at centre of all of their early ingenuity'

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 07:20:30 AM »
http://www.nottinghampost.com/story-19832084-detail/story.html?

Appears they think he is on for big things. Hope he gets a shot in the first team this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal