collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by brontebilly
[Today at 08:54:48 AM]

Re: Fog stopped play by LeeB
[Today at 08:54:39 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Towser
[Today at 08:54:15 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 08:49:35 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:47:56 AM]

Re: Fog stopped play by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:47:50 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rigadon
[Today at 08:45:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Juan Pablo Addition  (Read 18018 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Juan Pablo Addition
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 02:54:54 PM »
have to admit I was a fanboy,
 I loved the guy thought he was pure class playing in average side, if he had gone to a European side I think he could have been one of the worlds best, I really thought he was that good

but he didn't, I don't think we ever got the very best out of him, but even so he left some good memories with a feeling of what might have been

But you could never really have a rational debate about him without his fan club charging in. He seemed to be some totem for the more extreme anti-Ellis factions.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 03:05:37 PM »
JPA.  Just another in  a long list of expensive Villa buys who came, picked up their money but, ultimately, failed to deliver.  However, he was give more rope than most on the basis that his signing was somehow considered a victory for the fans against Doug's austerity drive.

Having said that, congratulations and hope all is well the new arrival.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »
I was certainly a fan and it's probably due to the feeling that he was THE fan's purchase as TopDeck has alluded to above.
Would love to see him make an appearance onto the pitch at some half time in the future......perhaps when he brings his oldest lad over to sign forms!!!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 03:52:48 PM »
I didn't mind him being the fans' purchase but there were some fans who made out that they'd scouted him, arranged the transfer, flown over to Colombia to sort out the problem with his registration and paid the fee.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
Never really rated him. He had that one good season under Gregory but other than that ?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »
I never warmed to Angel and never understood the adulation he got from a lot of the fans, and I'll never forgive him for missing that sitter when Luke Moore squared to him against Small Heath at 2-1. Actually thinking about it that's why I dislike him.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
Never really rated him. He had that one good season under Gregory but other than that ?

23 goal season under DOL?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 04:27:32 PM »
have to admit I was a fanboy,
 I loved the guy thought he was pure class playing in average side, if he had gone to a European side I think he could have been one of the worlds best, I really thought he was that good

but he didn't, I don't think we ever got the very best out of him, but even so he left some good memories with a feeling of what might have been

But you could never really have a rational debate about him without his fan club charging in. He seemed to be some totem for the more extreme anti-Ellis factions.

I wasn't really aware of that, I joined the site soon after he had left
 and living outside the city it's hard to have a rational debate about Villa with anyone who doesn't follow Villa

It's the first I've heard of him being a 'fans purchase' to be honest, or the politics involving Ellis over his signing,
I just liked him thought he was better than other players he was surrounded by and had probably joined the wrong club if he wanted to get the best out of his career

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »

23 goal season under DOL?
Sorry and thanks for correction . I have wiped DOL out of my memory banks.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
I never warmed to Angel and never understood the adulation he got from a lot of the fans, and I'll never forgive him for missing that sitter when Luke Moore squared to him against Small Heath at 2-1. Actually thinking about it that's why I dislike him.

He had a couple of unwelcome anomalies to his name. Missing two penalties in a match (Fulham, Loftus Road, Feb '04) and scoring both goals in a 1-1 (Spurs, VP, Oct '06). Didn't he also do something daft at a corner kick in that game?

Still, lovely fella, great hair and on his day top-class.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »
Always thought he's worthy of a head and shoulders advert. Probably the best head of hair down B6 since Ormsby and McNaught.

Offline supertom

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2013, 04:44:17 PM »
Really great player on his day. Generally when our sides tried to play good football he looked a good player. When we played hoofball and tried to use him as a target man, not so good. Fantastic header of the ball, great touch, could link up play well. He lacked a ruthless edge that you need in this league, but great guy, good relationship with us lot. Ive got a lot of time for JPA.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 04:59:30 PM »
We're still missing the player who should have been purchased to thread the balls through to him. It appeared to me (not a fanboy by the way) that he was looking for the pass that never came at the time he wanted it, and when it did he was caught offside.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 05:05:24 PM »
I'd wager he's a fantastic dad. Seems a really nice man.

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 05:13:35 PM »

He had a couple of unwelcome anomalies to his name. Missing two penalties in a match (Fulham, Loftus Road, Feb '04) and scoring both goals in a 1-1 (Spurs, VP, Oct '06). Didn't he also do something daft at a corner kick in that game?

Still, lovely fella, great hair and on his day top-class.

It was at Craven Cottage, not Loftus Road.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal