collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Juan Pablo Addition  (Read 18011 times)

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
Juan Pablo Addition
« on: September 06, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »
JPA has just tweeted that''He is happy to announce that his 3rd baby boy has been born this morning''

Congrats to you and your family...

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: Juan Pablo Addition
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 06:42:02 PM »
I expect all 3 boys will be playing upfront for Aston Villa in 20 years time with wonderful English/American/Colombian magic.
Nice for JPA :)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 07:13:57 PM »
Congratulations Juan.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
One of the little ones is a really good little player on youtube. Need to get him signed up.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 01:49:01 AM »
Good news, congrats JPA and Mrs A!

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:54:23 AM »
There's only 3.... Ok you get what I mean!

Congrants JPA.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »
Wasn't his first, Geronimo, born just after he moved to Brum? And we had no welfare officer to help the family.
Fair play to him.
After Collymore he's arguably our biggest ex-player champion on twitta.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
Wasn't his first, Geronimo, born just after he moved to Brum? And we had no welfare officer to help the family.
Fair play to him.
After Collymore he's arguably our biggest ex-player champion on twitta.

Yes, my heart bled for that poor millionaire stuck in a five-star hotel with no-one to help him and his family.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »
Well, pampering expensive assets is arguably a justified business cost in the world of top level football.

If we'd had someone like Lorna McClleland (current Player Liaison & Welfare Officer) working for us at the time then we might just have got some decent performances out of JPA in his first few months rather than the embarrassing lost-at-sea displays.  Wages for an employee like that seem worthwhile if you've spent over £10m on fees and wages on a player who doesn't speak the language, is from a completely different culture and has come from the other side of the world with a heavily-pregnant wife, who was quite ill for a while post-birth if I remember.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 01:24:48 PM »
Well, pampering expensive assets is arguably a justified business cost in the world of top level football.

If we'd had someone like Lorna McClleland (current Player Liaison & Welfare Officer) working for us at the time then we might just have got some decent performances out of JPA in his first few months rather than the embarrassing lost-at-sea displays.  Wages for an employee like that seem worthwhile if you've spent over £10m on fees and wages on a player who doesn't speak the language, is from a completely different culture and has come from the other side of the world with a heavily-pregnant wife, who was quite ill for a while post-birth if I remember.

He always had an excuse, or rather, there was always an excuse made for him. First his wife, then his family, then the language, then he was too good for the rest of the team, then the manager.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »

He always had an excuse, or rather, there was always an excuse made for him. First his wife, then his family, then the language, then he was too good for the rest of the team, then the manager.

I have to admit, although I liked the guy, this used to piss me off about him.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »

It wasn't him that did it, though. He always came across as a nice enough bloke but there were always some self-important morons who seemed to support him more than the Villa.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
He did have one really good season (O'Dreary 03/04) and one decent one (01/02) with bitty ones in between and after. Not quite what we had hoped but none of our record signings ever really are unfortunately.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »

It wasn't him that did it, though. He always came across as a nice enough bloke but there were always some self-important morons who seemed to support him more than the Villa.

Sorry Dave, that's what I meant. One of my good mates was like that, a total fanboy of him, always making excuses for his sub-standard displays.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
have to admit I was a fanboy,
 I loved the guy thought he was pure class playing in average side, if he had gone to a European side I think he could have been one of the worlds best, I really thought he was that good

but he didn't, I don't think we ever got the very best out of him, but even so he left some good memories with a feeling of what might have been

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal