collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert charged £8,000 for Chelsea post match comments  (Read 18596 times)

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
Re: Lambert charged £8,000 for Chelsea post match comments
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 07:17:05 PM »
Did the ref get demoted?

Too early to say, I think. He didn't have a game last weekend as he had ours which was due to be played then. Be interesting to see if he gets a game next weekend

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 07:36:07 PM »
Abromvitch should pay it on his behalf. He is very good at paying for things. He has bought a lot in his time.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »
What I find crap about this (and it's not just about Lambert, but every manager that falls foul of this) is that you can't give your opinion on the ref but you can say what you like about the other side and their players. What is acceptable to say about the ref these days? As far as I can recall, Lambert said he thought it was an obvious penalty that wasn't given. I don't recall suggestions of bias.

I am actually behind the FA with this because I think refs in general need to be supported, since the amateur ones get such a shitty deal. But if it falls within acceptable boundaries then debate should be encouraged. But what are these boundaries? It seems like total silence.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 07:41:30 PM »
I wonder how much he'd have got fined if he actually said what he REALLY thought?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »
One of the Irish Villians has just made a good point. Did'nt Arsene Wenger have a lot to say about the ref after the Arsenal game?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »
One of the Irish Villians has just made a good point. Did'nt Arsene Wenger have a lot to say about the ref after the Arsenal game?

Why, I believe he did.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 07:58:06 PM »
Whilst Lambert was obviously correct in his comments on this occasion, I fully agree with the rule being there in the first place.

I'm sick to death of hearing virtually all managers blaming referees for their teams/their own shortcomings. It's all some managers want to talk about and on a lot of occasions I get the feeling that managers are grateful for the officials taking column inches away from themselves.

I do agree that officials should explain their interpretations of key decisions though

Offline villanois

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »
He broke the rules.

The rules are stupid, but he knows them.

Millwall fans broke the rules by throwing bottles onto a  pitch, narrowly missing a female steward and holding up an F.A Cup game for 5 minutes. I'm still waiting for their fine.

I agree with your sentiments about the FA. However, would it have been OK if it was a male steward?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

A person (acting as a steward) was in potential danger - why state it was a female, a male would have been in the same danger? That's all.

So Clampy should have posted " Somebody threw something that nearly hit somebody ?
The details of the initial post seem relevant

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
What I find crap about this (and it's not just about Lambert, but every manager that falls foul of this) is that you can't give your opinion on the ref but you can say what you like about the other side and their players. What is acceptable to say about the ref these days? As far as I can recall, Lambert said he thought it was an obvious penalty that wasn't given. I don't recall suggestions of bias.

I am actually behind the FA with this because I think refs in general need to be supported, since the amateur ones get such a shitty deal. But if it falls within acceptable boundaries then debate should be encouraged. But what are these boundaries? It seems like total silence.

The amateur ref argument is an excellent one. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to ref at amateur level with all the ridiculous abuse they get.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 08:04:53 PM »
Did Mourinhrio get fined for his comments post Bayern? Just curious as he openly accused UEFA of being on the take against his teams.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »
Don't care about the fine. Lambert spoke honest truth and I bet that hurts the FA. Anyone could see if not biased  the ref was definitely useless. If Lambo gets a few more fines like so be it.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 08:33:21 PM »
Eight grand for that. And they wonder why manager press conferences are dull.

Offline Ghost of Pongo Waring

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »

Why, I believe he did.

It was implying bias that he got fined for, saying that the penalty would have been given at the other end.

A perfectly valid, and true, point but it does breech the rules. If he hadn't said that I think he'd have been ok.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »
I would bill Kevin Friend if I was Lambert.

Offline glasses

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
He broke the rules.

The rules are stupid, but he knows them.

Millwall fans broke the rules by throwing bottles onto a  pitch, narrowly missing a female steward and holding up an F.A Cup game for 5 minutes. I'm still waiting for their fine.

I agree with your sentiments about the FA. However, would it have been OK if it was a male steward?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

A person (acting as a steward) was in potential danger - why state it was a female, a male would have been in the same danger? That's all.

So Clampy should have posted " Somebody threw something that nearly hit somebody ?
The details of the initial post seem relevant
Newtons balls is quite right to point out that it doesn't make it better or worse that it was thrown at a female rather than male, it was a horrid thing to do either way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal