collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 12:03:32 PM]

Diego Carlos by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:02:58 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:00:01 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by trinityoap
[Today at 11:53:29 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Steve67
[Today at 11:46:38 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton- deadline day nightmare  (Read 7757 times)

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Alan Hutton- deadline day nightmare
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 12:27:05 PM »
He seems to be honouring the contract he signed with us...

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 12:36:39 PM »
He's a trier, runs around a lot, kicks people and hoofs the ball upfield, that's what TSM saw in him & thought I'll buy him, sadly for Hutton that's what Lambert saw in him & thought get shot of him.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 12:55:25 PM »
Not sure I understand the animosity shown towards him. Not a great footballer and on big wages, but when offered the money and the chance to play regular football it was the managers fault and not his. Always tried his hardest and got stuck in. Never heard him say anything about the club (but I haven't really payed attention).

Good luck to him, I hope he gets his loan move

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 01:01:56 PM »
Scotland might not be the strongest in football terms but to be playing regularly for them and not get a game at your club is a strange position to be in.  Should have no problem sorting out a loan move I would have thought.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
Boo hoo!!

What other profession could you be utterly useless at, but still get paid a fortune. Think yourself lucky Mr Hutton

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »
According to that interview the reason he didn't move was Villa wouldn't sanction a loan rather than he just wants a pay cheque for doing nothing. So I feel a bit for him, as much as i'd prefer to not see him in a Villa shirt again he's never struck me as much of a problem off the field and seems to want to play football.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:26 PM »
Boils down to money though. if he was that desperate to move I'm sure a club would have bought him but for lower wages. Villa would have been happy to save his wages. Typical modern footballer, lost touch with reality.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »
Seems s strange one to me. 

If we don't want him and won't play him, then anything we get in terms of loan fee or paying part of his wages is better than what we have now.  Possibly it was a game of brinksmanship that we misjudged?

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »
I must admit to being chuffed when it signed, but it soon wore off.

With Eardley crocked at B-lose, a cross city loan would be ideal for him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 02:43:46 PM »
Boils down to money though. if he was that desperate to move I'm sure a club would have bought him but for lower wages. Villa would have been happy to save his wages. Typical modern footballer, lost touch with reality.

That is just pure guesswork on your part though. One thing I will say about Hutton is he has never given me the impression of having a bad attitude.

Why should he move for a fraction of what he is on now? We have no idea if anyone has even offered a viable contract. What if someone did but it was £5K a week? A massive to us, but a massive pay drop for him. We expect players to honour contracts when we want them to stay.

Sometimes we as fans have real double standards.

Downing and Benteke (when he put in the request) = Typical modern day greedy footballers because they don't do what WE want them to.
Hutton and Bannan (after he turned down Blackburn) = Typical modern day greedy footballers because they won't do what WE want them to.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
From the Daily Record, similar interview but a few extra bits in. Not ehe always says them or they. Never we. I get the feeling it was the clubs rather than him that didn't agree terms.

ALAN HUTTON last night ripped into Aston Villa for leaving his career in limbo.

However, he insisted helping Scotland put the brakes on Belgium tonight will prove he can play at the highest level.

The Aston Villa right-back, bossed by former Scotland captain Paul Lambert, enjoyed a successful loan spell with Real Mallorca last term and expected to be allowed to return to La Liga on Monday after his club received three offers from Spain.

But Villa refused to sanction another loan move and Hutton, who has been frozen out and told he has no future at the Premier League side, now doesn’t know when he’ll play club football again.

The defender will be able to move to a Championship club on loan from next week but at the moment his dream of a return to Spain is over.

Hutton said: “I had a few opportunities to go back to Spain – there were a few options. Mallorca want me back but I had three options to go back to La Liga and none of them could agree terms.

“It’s left me in a position where I am not too sure what is going to happen.

“It is very frustrating. If you could picture me that day I was bouncing off the walls but to actually have options – not just one – to go to different teams and they can’t, or aren’t willing to agree terms is very annoying.

“I was desperate to leave and nothing comes of it and you are on a bit of a downer. Monday was a nightmare of a day.

“But it’s not just that. Even before pre-season I had options to leave and they still couldn’t agree terms. Then a month down the line they still can’t do it.”

Hutton revealed a group of outcasts were forced to train together and expressed his delight that Scotland team-mate Barry Bannan who moved to Crystal Palace on deadline day, managed to escape.

He said: “There were lots of us; Darren Bent, Stephen Ireland – I am talking international players. Charles N’Zogbia, who have just been put to the side and for me it is not what should be done. We are not kids.

“I was buzzing for Barry that he got out because he is a great player and doesn’t deserve to be treated like that. Unfortunately for myself it didn’t come off and I am angry about it.”

Offline danno

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »
We're not a rental shop.

The club are more than entitled to ask for interested clubs to buy Hutton outright.

I personally don't care if he is angry or frustrated, the "poor me" stuff doesn't really bother me
either he's keeping his name in the papers and alerting everyone to his availability.

I hope he has a decent game  tonight and some really lucky and astute manager takes him on.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »
He's getting well paid, it's not like he's going to struggle to feed his kids.

Fuck him.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »
Interesting that he mentions N'Zog as a fellow outcast - I hadn't seen that confirmed anywhere.   He made a good contribution at times last season(especially West Ham at home and Albion away) and it seems a bit harsh if he's now in the bomb squad. 

I can't imagine Villa would have dared to ask for a loan fee for Hutton.  I'm guessing clubs wanted to take him but pay little or nothing of his wages and Villa told them to do one.  Which is quite within their rights, as it is within Hutton's to get paid what is in his Villa contract. 

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 03:46:34 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal