collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton- deadline day nightmare  (Read 7747 times)

Offline eastie

Alan Hutton- deadline day nightmare
« on: September 06, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »
By David McCarthy | 05/09/13  the mirror

Alan Hutton has thanked Gordon Strachan for putting faith in him after being left in limbo by Aston Villa.

The Scotland right-back, bossed by countryman Paul Lambert at club level, enjoyed a loan spell with Real Mallorca last term and expected to be allowed to return to La Liga on Monday as his club received THREE offers from Spain.

But the Villans refused to sanction another loan move.

Hutton, who has been frozen out completely and told he has no future at the Premier League outfit, now doesn’t have a clue when he’ll play club football again.

But the 28-year-old is adamant that he is in the right frame of mind for Friday night’s home World Cup qualifier against Belgium - and Villa teammate Christian Benteke - and is determined to repay Strachan for keeping faith in him.

He, who will earn his 34th cap, said: “I want to prove to him and everyone else - not just here and Scotland, but also the manager at Villa and these kind of guys - and say, 'You might not want me but this is what I can do and what I am good at.'

"It is a real motivation for me to show a lot of people. He (Strachan) put massive faith in me to play me. I totally respect the manager and his decisions and what he does.

“The only thing I can do is work hard and show him I am fit enough and ready to play.”

The defender will be able to move to a Championship club on loan from next week, but at the moment his dream of continuing his career in Spain is over.
He said: “I had a few opportunities to go back to Spain - there were a few options. Mallorca want me back, but I had three options to go back to La Liga and none of them could agree terms.

“It has left me in a position where I am not too sure what is going to happen.

“It is very frustrating. If you could picture me that day I was bouncing off the walls; to actually have options - not just one - to go to different teams and they can’t, or are not willing, to agree terms is very annoying.

“I was desperate to leave and nothing comes of it and you are on a bit of a downer.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:36:28 PM by eastie »

Offline lovejoy

Re: Alan Hutton- deadline day nightmare
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »
It could have happened if he had accepted lower wages then.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 09:01:52 AM »
I imagine he will chop down Big Ben and cause serious injury to him within the first ten minutes of tonights game

Offline supertom

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »
Earlier in the window he said he wasn't willing to go back to Mallorca because they were in the 2nd division in Spain and couldn't afford him.
Prick.
Let the leg breaking piss poor excuse for a Prem footballer rot. If teams aren't willing to pay his wages, then that's his problem. If he wants out that badly I'm sure a contract termination could be arranged by mutual consent. Thats if he wants to play that badly,and playing is more important to him than money.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:30:50 AM »
Yes perhaps not the best move to piss off a player with a tendency to hack and scythe players down just as he's about to face your star player and prize asset in competitive game.   But seriously it's a shame for him if he just wants to get on and play and someone was daft enough to want him, but possibly his own fault if wages were the issue.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
Alan, I'm trying to invent a time machine, then I'm sure I can get you a transfer - Leeds, Wimbledon?

The transfer deadline nightmare was the fans, we have not managed to get your shitness off our wage bill.

Offline supertom

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 09:44:13 AM »
Being that there's no money in most of Spain too, my guess is that we could get any of these interested clubs to take any of his wages, let alone give a loan fee.

I'm not sure he was inundated with as many offers as he makes out either. If he'd have dropped his wage demands earlier, a deal with Mallorca could have happened, possibly a permanent. He wasn't willing and he even said as much.

He'll get his loan move next week anyway.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 10:08:06 AM »
If he tries to hurt Benteke I can only imagine he'll end up hurt himself.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »
I don't wanna watch England now, I wanna see Benteke SMASH Hutton

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »
Alan, I'm trying to invent a time machine, then I'm sure I can get you a transfer - Leeds, Wimbledon?

The transfer deadline nightmare was the fans, we have not managed to get your shitness off our wage bill.

If you do, go back two years and erase Mcleish

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 10:51:31 AM »
I imagine he will chop down Big Ben and cause serious injury to him within the first ten minutes of tonights game

I was worried about that too, the sort of thing the prick would do.

Offline GarethRDR

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
I really do not give a flying fuck about Hutton, Bannan and most especially Ireland.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 11:28:26 AM »
The wages on offer in Spain might be very small compared to what he's on. In fact, I imagine they are. Maybe he went as low as he reasonably could and it's us being tight about it.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 11:47:19 AM »
Earlier in the window he said he wasn't willing to go back to Mallorca because they were in the 2nd division in Spain and couldn't afford him.
Prick.
Let the leg breaking piss poor excuse for a Prem footballer rot. If teams aren't willing to pay his wages, then that's his problem. If he wants out that badly I'm sure a contract termination could be arranged by mutual consent. Thats if he wants to play that badly,and playing is more important to him than money.

Seems tough to decide it's because he wouldn't take a drop in wages.

Maybe we wanted a loan fee and these clubs wouldn't pay it? We don't know.

Hutton is a fucking awful player we should never have signed, but he seems relatively not bitter about what has gone on, so I'll refrain from chucking abuse at him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal