collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Barry Bannan to Crystal Palace  (Read 15411 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Barry Bannan to Crystal Palace
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2013, 01:10:36 AM »
Walt and Jesse are far more photogenic than Baz and Ollie.

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2013, 08:29:57 AM »
Good luck to Bannan at his new club. I think his generation will be remembered as "What could have been" as I think they were partially ruined by not getting gradually bleeded into the team and by the two-three chaotic seasons.

If Bannan, Albrighton etc would've been gradually introduced to the first team in those two last seasons under MON I think they'd really benefitted from it and would've had better chance of reaching their potential.

Who knows, maybe under Holloway he can rekindle his career.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
Walt and Jesse are far more photogenic than Baz and Ollie.

I'd like to see some comparison shots posted by somebody clever.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2013, 09:35:14 AM »
If it goes tits up he can always take Floatball worldwide.

Roll up, roll up! Come and see Wee Barry and his amazing backspin!

Offline Diablo

« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
Best of luck Wee Barry, hope it works out for you (thanks for your effort on the pitch in a Villa shirt).

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »
I like Bannan. During a spell when we were absolutely dire he was the one player looking to slip that little ball into the danger area and actually create something. Shame it hasn't worked out for him at Villa and whilst I agree with that his drink driving offence was disgraceful i'm not going to hold that against him. Paul Merson is one of my favourite players of the past twenty years and I never held his drug/drink and gambling against him. Hope he goes on to have a good career which is a lot more than I can say about Stephen Ireland.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »
Good luck to Bannan at his new club. I think his generation will be remembered as "What could have been" as I think they were partially ruined by not getting gradually bleeded into the team and by the two-three chaotic seasons.

If Bannan, Albrighton etc would've been gradually introduced to the first team in those two last seasons under MON I think they'd really benefitted from it and would've had better chance of reaching their potential.

Craven Cottage Nov 2010 - Bannan with a glorious raking ball to Albrighton. Instead control on the chest and boom into the net. The kids were more than alright.

Offline danno

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »

Craven Cottage Nov 2010 - Bannan with a glorious raking ball to Albrighton. Instead control on the chest and boom into the net. The kids were more than alright.

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/fulham-v-aston-villa-motd-highlights-2010

Its at the 2.20 mark

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/fulham-v-aston-villa-motd-highlights-2010

Its at the 2.20 mark

One of my favourite villa goals in the last few years, it's a huge shame that both of them have seen their careers go backwards.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »

I think Albrighton was adequately introduced to first team football. His problem came after that introduction - second-season dip followed by niggling injuries.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »
I wish the wee man all the best. Always seemed a decent lad

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2013, 01:05:32 PM »
I wish the wee man all the best. Always seemed a decent lad

Apart from the drink driving and partying when supposedly injured.

I know what you mean, he certainly gave his all on the pitch, but off it all we know about him suggests that he's a little fanny.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal