collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What makes you proud to support the Villa?  (Read 12217 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: What makes you proud to support the Villa?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »
Everything. In good and bad times.
We're Aston Villa. That makes me proud.
This.

And the family links obviously, though this was never a big issue growing up. We were all Aston/Hockley people and the Villa was part of our lives. And still is.
As eamonn says: "The name, the ground, the colours."
I love Aston Villa.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
My mom and dad support Villa, my kids, my brothers, my nephews & neices support Villa.
My ex-wife doesn't.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »
Aston Villa F.C.

There is that too, yes.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 12:03:22 PM »
My mom and dad support Villa, my kids, my brothers, my nephews & neices support Villa.
My ex-wife doesn't.

I take it that's why she is your ex!!!!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »
Everything.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
Fuck me, how long have you got?

Generations of Villa fans on my dad's side of the family growing up in Gravelly Hill, Erdington and Wylde Green started me off believing I follow a unique club and that feeling has never once dimmed. Never once.

I look at someone like Chelsea and am so proud that in off field matters, we are almost the opposite of them in almost every respect

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 01:21:53 PM »
As everyone says there is so much to be proud about. One thing I will say is though when I come to the ground I'm left a little speechless and I have tingles going right through me every time. From the moment you first see it through all the way to the turnstiles and then you come out and see that lush green pitch. What a feeling.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 01:24:51 PM »

Generations of Villa fans on my dad's side of the family growing up in Gravelly Hill, Erdington and Wylde Green started me off believing I follow a unique club and that feeling has never once dimmed. Never once.

I look at someone like Chelsea and am so proud that in off field matters, we are almost the opposite of them in almost every respect

It's taken them over a billion quid of spending to close in on our trophy count, which says it all.  As for how much the other clubs have spent to overtake us...

Being the home of league football, William McGregor and all that, makes me the most proud of the club.  Another thing that gets me, though, is the support we attract - the diversity is pretty breathtaking.  We don't attract the superficial, gloryhunting, plastic type because we are not given a media-hyped profile (which in many ways a blessing) this means people who end up supporting us (non-Brummies at least) often seek the club out, learn about it and immerse themselves in it.

Going back to the diversity of our support point (and not wanting to start a political debate, this is strictly a point about Villa) I learnt the other day that Bobby Sands (an Irish Republican for the younger folk out there) was a Villa fan.  What other club could attract such polar extremes of social hue as the future King of Great Britain and the most famous Irish republican of modern times? 

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »

It's taken them over a billion quid of spending to close in on our trophy count, which says it all.  As for how much the other clubs have spent to overtake us...

Being the home of league football, William McGregor and all that, makes me the most proud of the club.  Another thing that gets me, though, is the support we attract - the diversity is pretty breathtaking.  We don't attract the superficial, gloryhunting, plastic type because we are not given a media-hyped profile (which in many ways a blessing) this means people who end up supporting us (non-Brummies at least) often seek the club out, learn about it and immerse themselves in it.

Going back to the diversity of our support point (and not wanting to start a political debate, this is strictly a point about Villa) I learnt the other day that Bobby Sands (an Irish Republican for the younger folk out there) was a Villa fan.  What other club could attract such polar extremes of social hue as the future King of Great Britain and the most famous Irish republican of modern times?

Well he was an MP.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
I think Villa Park is a stunning place. For me, Villa Park is Aston Villa. It is just steeped in the history of the club and the redevelopment of the modern ground has been reasonably (Trinity facade aside) respectful to the history of the ground.

Aston Villa is just a great club with a magnificent history, beautiful colours, unique name and one of the best stadiums in world football. Aston Villa FC = class.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 05:19:30 PM »
I think Villa Park is a stunning place. For me, Villa Park is Aston Villa. It is just steeped in the history of the club and the redevelopment of the modern ground has been reasonably (Trinity facade aside) respectful to the history of the ground.

Aston Villa is just a great club with a magnificent history, beautiful colours, unique name and one of the best stadiums in world football. Aston Villa FC = class.

I agree, the stadium really is fantastic and this isn't bias as loads of fans of other teams say the same to me. Posted it the other day but worth posting again:

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »
Aston Villa, 1874-2013 a nd counting...this equates to one hundred and thirty nine years of history, precedence, innovation, style and character.  When all this is added together you arrive at an institution, and that institution is known as class.  Does anyone need a better reason to be proud to be a Villa fan?  I think not.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
If I could choose any club to have been brought up a fan of I would still choose Aston Villa. We are the lucky chosen ones.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 06:29:29 PM »
My ex-wife doesn't.

I take it that's why she is your ex!!!!
She could never understand why I insisted on spending Wednesday nights and all-day Saturday with my true love.

Offline serbentoflight

• The Serpent Of Light
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 06:32:50 PM »
With all the rest of my family, without acception, supporting the Albion, the pride of me being right and them all so very, very wrong.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal