collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by waynejames
[Today at 09:33:35 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 09:32:02 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:31:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 09:31:10 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:31:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:30:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 09:30:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by papa lazarou
[Today at 09:29:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away travel subsidy  (Read 12760 times)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: Away travel subsidy
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 01:40:34 AM »
Yes he bloody could he could say 'here is a pot of money knock a fiver off away fans ticket prices'.

So what about home fans? And what about the other leagues where fans are overcharged?
Thats what I mean about 'protecting the product'The last people Peter Scudamore cares about is the fans.

No one has said they love us or anything, but it's the clubs that are fleecing us, not Scudamore.
The greed in the Premier League came from the top.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 01:42:44 AM »
If I said to you 'Dave I will subsidise every copy of H&V to the tune of 1 Pound so you could sell more' would you turn it down?

Feel free. However, you are not my employee. Richard Scudamore is employed by the Premier League's member clubs. 
His remit is to screw as much money has he can from any source.The 39th game springs to mind,wasnt that his idea?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 01:42:50 AM »
No it didn't, it comes from the clubs. No one forces the clubs to charge £40-50 a ticket. They could have chosen to use the increased TV money to lower ticket prices, they have chosen not to. Much as I can't stand them, that has nothing to do with Scudamore, Sky or the Premier League.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:45:10 AM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 01:45:46 AM »
No it didn't, it comes from the clubs. No one forces the clubs to charge £40-50 a ticket. They could have chosen to use the increased TV money to lower ticket prices, they have chosen not to. That has nothing to do with Scudamore, Sky or the Premier League.
Without top prices being charged for tickets the clubs could not afford to pay wages to get the best players in the PL.It is a business model,a very clever one mind.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 01:48:12 AM »
If I said to you 'Dave I will subsidise every copy of H&V to the tune of 1 Pound so you could sell more' would you turn it down?

Feel free. However, you are not my employee. Richard Scudamore is employed by the Premier League's member clubs. 
His remit is to screw as much money has he can from any source.The 39th game springs to mind,wasnt that his idea?

I'm sure it was. I've no idea what his remit is, and neither do you. However, for the howevermanyth time, he does not set ticket prices. He has no control whatsoever over what prices are charged. He cannot force clubs to reduce them. He cannot, therefore, be blamed for the price of tickets. 

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 01:52:01 AM »
So he can work his magic on travel costs so blaming the coach and train companies,but he can't work his magic on ticket prices because then he would have to say his employers have got it wrong and are greedy.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 01:55:25 AM »
So he can work his magic on travel costs so blaming the coach and train companies,but he can't work his magic on ticket prices because then he would have to say his employers have got it wrong and are greedy.

Have you read the article? If you have, perhaps you can find the bit where anyone is blamed for anything. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 01:55:26 AM »
He's getting clubs to spend £200K a year. Or put another way, less than a month salary for Ireland. He's hardly got them bending over backwards to help us out. If clubs wanted to help us they could quite simply choose to lower prices themselves. They consistently choose not to.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 02:05:19 AM »

Have you read the article? If you have, perhaps you can find the bit where anyone is blamed for anything. 
Why subsidise travel then? I Know maybe it's because if you keep ticket prices higher then.when FFP comes in the clubs are generating more money on.the books.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 02:07:02 AM »

Why subsidise travel then? I Know maybe it's because if you keep ticket prices higher then.when FFP comes in the clubs are generating more money on.the books.

They're not subsidising travel per se. They are being given the money to improve the away supporting experience.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 02:11:32 AM »
As long as it's not free coaches to Smethwick.

Offline pig

• GM : 01.04.2016
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 02:20:55 AM »
This is a good news story.

I like it, I go to less away games because of the cost, this will certainly help. Tip top.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 08:55:27 AM »
Yes he bloody could he could say 'here is a pot of money knock a fiver off away fans ticket prices'.

Why should a team like Chelsea who can spend £50m on one player be given money to subsidise ticket prices?

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 09:19:48 AM »
£4 million doesn't seem much does it, especially when compared to clubs income.

How much of the decrease has to do with Sky moving games? Monday night away game when it's on TV, isn't much of a choice for most fans.

At the end if the day, it's a small gesture from people who probably don't really care that much.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 09:21:40 AM »

Why should a team like Chelsea who can spend £50m on one player be given money to subsidise ticket prices?
This is a back door way of doing just that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal