collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada Corner  (Read 107468 times)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: Brigada Corner
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 09:58:47 AM »
I was sitting at back of the lower North on Sunday. Everyone stood for 80% of the match. Strange tactics by AVFC
With pints in their hand as well.Not one steward where they normally are.Must have been up the Holte.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 10:01:15 AM »
The club do an excellent job of trying to get punters through the door and then once in they allow something such as this to happen.  It beggars belief it really does.  This Brigada crowd are not harming anybody.  If they were then you could understand such an approach but to set up this Nazi preplanned style of harassment is nothing short of pathetic. 

If it's a council instruction the club should be talking to the council telling them what a bunch of twats they really are.

I'm absolutely certain that our stewards time and most definitely employees of Birmingham City council's  time could be put to far better use than the standing situation in a small section of our ground.   

You're absolutely right except for one thing. Tell the council that they're twats and they're likely to tell us the ground, or at least part of it, is closed.

I know, what I meant was tell them they are twats with saying twats.

For instance, explain to them the difference between a group standing in a seated area and a group scaling the north face of the Eiger.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »
The club do an excellent job of trying to get punters through the door and then once in they allow something such as this to happen.  It beggars belief it really does.  This Brigada crowd are not harming anybody.  If they were then you could understand such an approach but to set up this Nazi preplanned style of harassment is nothing short of pathetic. 

If it's a council instruction the club should be talking to the council telling them what a bunch of twats they really are.

I'm absolutely certain that our stewards time and most definitely employees of Birmingham City council's  time could be put to far better use than the standing situation in a small section of our ground.   

You're absolutely right except for one thing. Tell the council that they're twats and they're likely to tell us the ground, or at least part of it, is closed.

I know, what I meant was tell them they are twats with saying twats.

For instance, explain to them the difference between a group standing in a seated area and a group scaling the north face of the Eiger.

They do. There's not a club in the Premier League who want standing more than Villa. But what the council says, goes.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
Does it need an act of Parliament to allow standing?

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »

there's a recent parliamentary briefing paper on these issues, if anyone is interested - http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN03937.pdf

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 11:28:22 AM »

there's a recent parliamentary briefing paper on these issues, if anyone is interested - http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN03937.pdf
Ta.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »

Interesting stuff.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »
Pre-match yesterday, there were messages put up on the screens warning people to be aware that balls could fly into the stands during the warmups.

I've not seen such warnings at Villa Park before.

Maybe the club have been told that they need to improve their H&S policies.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »
Pre-match yesterday, there were messages put up on the screens warning people to be aware that balls could fly into the stands during the warmups.

I've not seen such warnings at Villa Park before.

Maybe the club have been told that they need to improve their H&S policies.

I wonder has somebody been trying to take them to court over an incident? It does sound like they are covering their backs now. Something must have happened?

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
I stood for 90 minutes last night in the North Stand Lower, I was disappointed to see about 3 coppers eject a lad of about 14-15 for persistently turning round and looking up at the away fans. I didn't notice too many of the northern tossers that were hurling obscenities at him throughout the game get removed from the stadium.

Online T13theobh

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 12:28:23 PM »
This is just another example of what is wrong with modern football. It's not logical. Politically Correct bollox, like be able to stand with a pint in one hand whilst watching a non-league game except when it's a F.A. Cup game, where in the case of Stourbridge F.C. you can stand with said pint the other side of the player entrance in view of the pitch but you cannot stand directly next to the pitch. It simply defies logic.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »
How did the Brigada end up in that particular section? Was it with the club's collaboration and consent or something they arranged off their own bat? Because if it's the former then last night's actions strike me as somewhat perverse.

Offline eastie

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
I was sitting at back of the lower North on Sunday. Everyone stood for 80% of the match. Strange tactics by AVFC
With pints in their hand as well.Not one steward where they normally are.Must have been up the Holte.

Probably all at home as we didnt have a match on Sunday!

Offline Saunders9

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »
@standamf - worth checking out if your fed up of the modern game

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2013, 06:16:55 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a HSE visit from the council. Like an Ofsted.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal