collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brigada Corner  (Read 107992 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Brigada Corner
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
What was up over there then?

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Brigada Corner
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »
For those not at the game, any description of said reason for post?

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:36:40 PM »
I've heard that a few people were thrown out of the Holte for persistent standing and singing, but have no idea if it was the Brigada crowd.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:38:16 PM »
And why did the Rotherham fans start fighting each other in the Upper North? Tune in next week to SOAP.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:51:10 PM »
They don't sit too far from me. I rock up shortly after kick off and am greeted by 20 odd stewards and coppers as I try to make my way up the steps from the concourse.

Within minutes they were chucking out all manner of people, presumably for standing up when they weren't in anybodys way.

It was certainly a planned operation.

After a number got the hook, a whole heap more buggered off in protest and the game was only twenty minutes old.

With how hard it is to get people through the gate for a game like tonight it seemed an odd move.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 11:32:33 PM »
I wondered why it looked so 'serene' over there. There was a camera pointed at them all game on Saturday. I hope they're not trying to get rid of them, but it looks like it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 11:33:10 PM »
The council wanted a clampdown on standing and if they aren't happy they could close parts of the ground.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 11:37:37 PM »
We're lucky to live in a country where the situation, local and national, is just so utterly serene that we can waste time getting people to point cameras at kids who stand up at football matches.

What an absolute load of old fucking nonsense that is.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:43 PM »
We're lucky to live in a country where the situation, local and national, is just so utterly serene that we can waste time getting people to point cameras at kids who stand up at football matches.

What an absolute load of old fucking nonsense that is.
of

Yep.

Shows how shit scared they are of  any yoots getting together unless they are all sitting down and plugged into their gizmos.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »
And yet I had to stand in the North Lower all game.How many get thrown out of the LG arena for standing?
Wouldn't have anything to do with the council owning said arena would it?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 12:07:48 AM »
When they first appeared and said they'd stand and sod the rules, I commented that it may bite them on the ass at some stage.   

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »
I thought they always stood?

Offline Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 12:23:16 AM »
The council wanted a clampdown on standing and if they aren't happy they could close parts of the ground.

Was my presumption for the reason why, but it has to be said it looked and felt way over the top tonight (We sit a bit nearer than where Chelt's is).  A number of season ticket holders went and spoke to the stewards about it and there were a lot of people very unhappy about it (I'm talking the regulars here, folks I recognise as being there at every game), to the point where if it had been a big league game with all the regulars in I think they could have created a real situation (I obviously can't know that for certain, I'm just saying how it felt to me tonight).

I don't think I've even so much as hinted at any concern with our stewards at any point in all the time I've been going to Villa Park, I think they do a sometimes difficult job very well, but tonight felt really uncomfortable to me.  I think there is an explaining job to do here, not in a blame game kind of a way, but simply in terms of clearly stating what is going on, because a lot of people were unhappy tonight and this is just the sort of thing that can fester if some work isn't done now - maybe a leaflet put on seats around this part of Lower Holte? items in the programme just aren't seen by lots of people in truth.

One for the next SCG I'd say, but that might well be leaving it too long.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 12:53:52 AM »
When you buy a ticket for the council owned LG arena it states 'people may stand in front of you' on the ticket.
I have been to concerts where it has kicked off over this and yet nothing is done.
Football fans being treated like shit by jobsworths again!

Offline Saunders9

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 01:14:02 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal