collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876951 times)

Offline kiddylion

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #3390 on: September 19, 2018, 07:27:08 PM »
Wednesday evening & Wolves fans are still calling in purring about Sunday’s result.

Better listening than our two resident morons Alan and robot Jay let's be honest

Agreed,along with Dave from Bloxwich & Jason the taxi driver we don’t come out of this well!!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3391 on: September 19, 2018, 07:32:39 PM »
I know I shouldn’t listen to it, but some Wolves fan has just claimed that this Wolves team is playing the best football ever seen from a West Midland team in the PL. the worst part is that ‘Call me Franksy’ and Garry Thompson (who should know better) agreed with him.
Perhaps they’ve forgotten us finishing 2nd place under Big Ron playing the best football I’ve seen at Villa Park, or maybe Brian Little’s exciting style of football?
Fuck it I’m off to the match.

They have probably also forgotten that along with the good football they played the BFR and Brain Little teams also both won trophies.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3392 on: September 19, 2018, 07:56:35 PM »
I know I shouldn’t listen to it, but some Wolves fan has just claimed that this Wolves team is playing the best football ever seen from a West Midland team in the PL. the worst part is that ‘Call me Franksy’ and Garry Thompson (who should know better) agreed with him.
Perhaps they’ve forgotten us finishing 2nd place under Big Ron playing the best football I’ve seen at Villa Park, or maybe Brian Little’s exciting style of football?

They have probably also forgotten that along with the good football they played the BFR and Brain Little teams also both won trophies.

Those were the days (sigh) of Actually Winning Trophies!

Wolves will be sussed out as time goes on and end up mid table at the very best.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3393 on: September 19, 2018, 08:05:58 PM »
I quite like Alan’s rants.  There I’ve said it.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3394 on: September 19, 2018, 08:50:20 PM »
I quite like Alan’s rants.  There I’ve said it.

Even the one where he slagged Bruce off for wanting to sell Adomah and then the next week rang in moaning he'd started him ?

Pretty much summed him up for me.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3395 on: September 19, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
Just because I like his rants it doesn’t mean I hang on his every word.  The giste of him is he feels the same way about all of us about Bruce.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #3396 on: September 19, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »
It's entertaining to read about the sad wasters who breathe life into that sad excuse for a radio station, but listen to it? No.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3397 on: September 19, 2018, 11:12:31 PM »

Wolves will be sussed out as time goes on and end up mid table at the very best.

Give it a season at most and the 'big six' vultures will start hovering supported by their cheerleaders in the media (as we saw with Grealish this summer).  Their manager will be in demand should things not work out at some of the bigger clubs. 

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3398 on: September 19, 2018, 11:23:42 PM »
...like us (winky thing)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3399 on: September 20, 2018, 09:46:28 AM »

in fairness they probably have forgotten it was that long ago mate
Yet they have no problem remembering blow by blow how we robbed Ipswich of the title some 15 years years previous?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3400 on: September 20, 2018, 10:12:53 AM »

Lots of clubs feed off the buzz of being new to the Premier League. Steve Bruce said how up for it the fans and everyone connected with Small Heath were in the first season back in the top flight after donkeys years and how it was hard to replicate that in the following seasons. That is part of the second season syndrome along with higher expectations than just survival. I tipped Huddersfield to be the same this season. I am pretty sure Hull were challenging for the top four halfway through their first season in the Premier league (under Phil Brown) and ended up avoiding relegation by the skin of their teeth after barely winning a game after Christmas.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #3401 on: September 20, 2018, 10:37:41 AM »

Lots of clubs feed off the buzz of being new to the Premier League. Steve Bruce said how up for it the fans and everyone connected with Small Heath were in the first season back in the top flight after donkeys years and how it was hard to replicate that in the following seasons. That is part of the second season syndrome along with higher expectations than just survival. I tipped Huddersfield to be the same this season. I am pretty sure Hull were challenging for the top four halfway through their first season in the Premier league (under Phil Brown) and ended up avoiding relegation by the skin of their teeth after barely winning a game after Christmas.

I think Wolves have enough to stay up this season, maybe top half if the wind is right, not the world beaters that some yampy yams yams keep blithering on about but decent enough in a terribly dull league.

It depends on your approach, I found Huddersfield's celebrations, after a 0-0 at Chelsea secured their status last year, cringeworthy. A fine effort to survive but you would've thought they had won the FA Cup, now reality is kicking in this season and they look very poor. It seems that the PL, for some at least, is a novelty to be enjoyed, not a position to cement and become the norm. I don't imagine Wolves are approaching it like this and would demand that we didn't if we get back up anytime soon.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3402 on: September 20, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »

I think Wolves have enough to stay up this season, maybe top half if the wind is right, not the world beaters that some yampy yams yams keep blithering on about but decent enough in a terribly dull league.

It depends on your approach, I found Huddersfield's celebrations, after a 0-0 at Chelsea secured their status last year, cringeworthy. A fine effort to survive but you would've thought they had won the FA Cup, now reality is kicking in this season and they look very poor. It seems that the PL, for some at least, is a novelty to be enjoyed, not a position to cement and become the norm. I don't imagine Wolves are approaching it like this and would demand that we didn't if we get back up anytime soon.

Like it or not 'SKY Survival Sunday' is now a bigger event than the FA Cup final.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3403 on: September 20, 2018, 01:26:23 PM »

I cannot stand the dog heads for no other reason than my geographical situation. I live in the Black Country surrounded by them since birth (ironically Wolverhampton isn't actually in the the Black Country)

In all those 47 years they've never been our rivals. I've never felt the need to rub whatever we were up to in their faces and i've never sung about their club other than if we've been playing them. Which made last seasons attempts by them to make us their rivals all the more baffling.

I do however think they'll not only stay up but do so with ease and possibly even trouble the UEFA spots. People have got to accept they're now loaded and have owners with one aim and that's to be the best, or right up there.

Let's hope ours have the same aims.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #3404 on: September 21, 2018, 02:01:20 AM »

Like it or not 'SKY Survival Sunday' is now a bigger event than the FA Cup final.

Who says? Just 'cos Sky scream it from the rooftops doesn't mean it's true.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal