collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:05:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 876780 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #1020 on: March 11, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »
Talking of sad bastards, the biggest hypocrite in Birmingham is still at it.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-comment-case-defence-8812893

What an utter, utter wanker.

Surprisingly that article has now been pulled! Did somebody complain to the PCC? :D

I am not surprised at all, it really was a pointless bit of trolling with absolutely zero journalistic merit.

What a hypocritical twat Bill Howell is. I wonder how he managed to keep this bitterness towards all things Villa quiet all that time he was making a living following the club everywhere we went?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1021 on: March 11, 2015, 11:58:30 AM »
Our problem has been that we don't care if anyone likes us. Compare and contrast to the Stripeys twenty year charm offensive.

I think they just come across as rather 'needy'.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1022 on: March 11, 2015, 12:03:24 PM »
Our problem has been that we don't care if anyone likes us. Compare and contrast to the Stripeys twenty year charm offensive.

I think that's about right.

I also think it is hard for them to understand how lop-sided the bitterness between them and us is.

I know you're from the finer side of the city too, Damo, I don't know what your experience was, but suspect it is similar to mine, but bar one uncle, growing up in the 70s / 80s I can honestly say I never met a single Albion fan.

You just didn't see them. You saw loads of Blues fans, loads of revolting "Brummie Reds" too, but pretty much never Albion fans.

I understand why some of us really, really hate them, but at the same time, to me they have about as much relevance to my life as a football supporter as, say, Stoke City or Leicester City.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1023 on: March 11, 2015, 12:08:40 PM »
The press of this region are shit.

We've had 4 years of terrible football and record breaking shiteness and only during the last few weeks of it did the mail start asking relevant questions, I know no one reads it anymore but come on, it's your job to ask what needs asking.

Over the City at the spittoon of humanity in Small Heath they are ran in to the ground, also go on record breakingly bad home runs, have the owner imprisoned and various other deeds but no one at the paper ever reports anything, asks or questions anything. You have twats like Colin Twattum toeing the party line going on like everything is fine and dandy and cosying up with whichever scumbag runs the rags that week.

It's all very poor journalism.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1024 on: March 11, 2015, 12:08:59 PM »
I am sorry but that piece from Howell is disgraceful.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1025 on: March 11, 2015, 12:09:23 PM »
Needy or not, they've made friends and influenced people. We should have done the same.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1026 on: March 11, 2015, 12:12:28 PM »
'The spitoon of humanity'

Must remember that one.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1027 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »

I think that's about right.

I also think it is hard for them to understand how lop-sided the bitterness between them and us is.

I know you're from the finer side of the city too, Damo, I don't know what your experience was, but suspect it is similar to mine, but bar one uncle, growing up in the 70s / 80s I can honestly say I never met a single Albion fan.

You just didn't see them. You saw loads of Blues fans, loads of revolting "Brummie Reds" too, but pretty much never Albion fans.

I understand why some of us really, really hate them, but at the same time, to me they have about as much relevance to my life as a football supporter as, say, Stoke City or Leicester City.

When I was a kid my parents had some friends from Evesham they met on holiday. The bloke was an Albion fan who gave me a load of their old programmes. I went to college and became good mates with another Albion fan. I worked in a pub and became good friends with another Albion fan who I used to go to Hall Green dogs with. Three good blokes. The first one sadly died of CJD. The second accompanied me onto the Kop at St Andrews to join in with the protests for a laugh after Albion had beaten Small Heath 1-4 in the late eighties. We had been standing in the away end. I think they are the only three Albion fans I have ever really known. My mate Wolverhampton Dave has a fantastic rehearsed rant about Albion that even Dave Woodhall would be proud of.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1028 on: March 11, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »
Same here really, I didnt know many Albion fans growing up and I liked all of them, now I live in Sutton there are more of them than SHA fans but all of the ones I've met have been sound.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #1029 on: March 11, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »
I went to school just outside of Wolverhampton and one of my best mates is an Albion fan from that time. Minorities sticking together and all that.

To be honest, though, I never really got much stick for being Villa and I don't reckon he ever got too much hassle for being Albion. It was only when I later moved to Brum that I encountered that, and it was always from the fans of that lot down the road. I often found it to be borderline hatred, too. It just all seemed ridiculously exaggerated. For the vast majority of my life up to then they had been completely irrelevant to me.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #1030 on: March 11, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
I moved to Northfield last year and just the other night did that nearest sports team search and was surprised to find the nearest football ground (in the top 4 leagues) to me is West Brom. I see hardly any of their fans around here. Villa fans edge it over Blues in terms of visible support. Oh and on topic, Bill Howell is an immature and bitter individual.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1031 on: March 11, 2015, 01:19:54 PM »
Got 1 Albion supporting mate who is a top bloke - his Granddad was one of those who bought Vila shares in 1968.

Some of the lot I encountered on Saturday were rather unpleasant though I dare say there were Villa equivalents dotted about the place.

Is there as copy of that brilliant ranting article anywhere on here? Was in H&V about 6-7 years ago

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1032 on: March 11, 2015, 01:29:12 PM »
I am sorry but that piece from Howell is disgraceful.

The other thing about him is that he tries to be funny and fails in spectacular fashion. He's no Charlie Brooker.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1033 on: March 11, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »
I have spent every waking hour since the game ended trying to set up a business to sell moral high ground  to Albion fans. Bless, it takes their mind off the fact they lost to us. TWICE. Made so much more fun by the fact the arrogant twats really didn't see it coming.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1034 on: March 11, 2015, 01:47:40 PM »
I knew 2 Albion fans growing up. I still only know 3 now. At work (a fairly large building in the centre of town) I know a few Blues, a few Villa, a couple of West Ham, yet no Albion fans. I am sure there are some here, but it is a bit of a puzzle where they appear from. The ones I do meet seem to live in this world of self righteous belief that Albion are actually relevant to the other clubs in the area.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal