collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 880839 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #1005 on: March 10, 2015, 11:51:36 PM »
That article fantastically shows what a bitter bunch of c***s some of them are.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:25:09 AM by PeterWithesShin »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1006 on: March 11, 2015, 12:03:01 AM »
The Birmingham Mail is a truly awful advert for this city.

Half-brained bollocks with next to zero journalistic merit. I used to think Small Heath were the most embarrassingly small time outfit associated with this city, but the Mail make them look like Juventus by comparison.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #1007 on: March 11, 2015, 12:54:52 AM »
Talking of sad bastards, the biggest hypocrite in Birmingham is still at it.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-comment-case-defence-8812893

What an utter, utter wanker.

I really do think that is one for the Press Complaints Commission. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1008 on: March 11, 2015, 01:04:22 AM »

Half-brained bollocks with next to zero journalistic merit. I used to think Small Heath were the most embarrassingly small time outfit associated with this city, but the Mail make them look like Juventus by comparison.

it will get worse as Villa get better too. Their bitterness will only rise. While we struggled we gave them plenty of genuine ammo. As the ammo runs low they'll need to find new and unique ways to shoot us down. Make belief generally does the trick. This is only the start.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #1009 on: March 11, 2015, 01:07:28 AM »
Albion appear to have walked under a ladder, on a crack in the pavement, opened an umbrella indoors and then broken a mirror.

There is always a reason we have to play second fiddle to Villa, so this week it's all down to luck. Everyone knows we are better dan da Villa and would have won both games but for bad luck.

Chris Brunt had every right to say something fruity to referee Anthony Taylor not only for the most ridiculous of red cards you will ever see but also after his team had been forced to face a hostile pitch invasion.

It's never our fault, it ay fayre. Our player was fully justified in being abusive to the ref.

Callum McManaman turns to confront an invader? Get over it.

Player tries to assault fans, so what, stop overreacting.

Villa’s stewarding was grossly inadequate and their decision to house home fans in the North Stand simply beggars belief.

I'll ignore the fact that no other fans over the years caused any problems to the Villa fans below, despite tickets being allocated this way for years now.

The FA will throw the book at them.

If I fantasize about it often enough maybe it will happen. Please FA, throw the book at them!

As for Albion? Count your broken seats and used fire extinguishers and send them the bill.

I refuse to put any blame on Albion fans so will trivialise it and make out it's no big deal. But the Villa stuff is the end of the world.

Albion deserved all the stick in the world over their PR goofs last season. But to my knowledge they haven’t killed anyone. Or perhaps someone can find the footage of a stray stripe out in Syria...

Meanwhile the Villa fans who invaded the pitch massacred thousands. SO THROW THE BOOK AT THEM FA and remember our seat throwing was nothing serious.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1010 on: March 11, 2015, 01:55:23 AM »
That article fantastically shows what a bitter bunch of c***s they are.

Sorry to disagree but I can't take such a generalisation. Not all of them are sad and bitter twats like Howell. The Express & Star had a video with their fans leaving Villa Park and despite all the efforts of their reporter to get a Villa hatred response, the fans interviewed refused to tow that line and credited Villa as the better team. I'm sure there are plenty more level headed Baggies fans out there that would agree with them. Let's be honest, apart from the Villa Black Country lads, nobody really gives a shit about the Albion and maybe that's the problem for pathetic journalists like Howell.

I had no problem with his article, the majority of it was fair comment seen through the eyes of an Albion fan but where he showed a complete lack of intelligence was in his reference to the seat throwing. If the idiot had done just a tiny bit of research, he'd have understood that the scum throwing the seats were not only splitting open the heads of innocent Villa fans, those seats were thrown and not even clearing the Upper North Stand, hitting innocent Albion fans sitting near the front of the stand. I've read reports from Albion fans of how, amongst others, an old lady sitting up there was struck and injured by a seat but for him, he's too stupid and obsessed with the Villa to report the facts.

That article is offensive to Albion fans just as much as it is to Villa fans. Howell is a very poor reporter but he's really shown for all to see what a complete arsehole he is. What's he trying to achieve, make the hatred between Villa and Albion equal to that of Villa and the Rags? Is he so desperate at the lack of importance we give to Albion (I actually quite like them in a West Midlands kind of way), does he want to insight violence at very derby game just to claim they are our rivals and not our neighbours? The man's a complete and utter twat.

Paulie makes a good point that I've long held regarding the Evening Mail, it really is a lazy bag of shit that fails to meet the needs of it's readers by dumbing down to the lowest common denominator. Ignoring their news coverage, just compare the football reporting in other regional newspapers like the Liverpool Echo and you'll soon see how poor and patronising it really is.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1011 on: March 11, 2015, 02:00:02 AM »

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-comment-case-defence-8812893

Dear me, he's made himself look like a bitter clown there hasn't he.

And they wonder why we call them the Bitters?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #1012 on: March 11, 2015, 02:24:52 AM »
That article fantastically shows what a bitter bunch of c***s they are.

Sorry to disagree but I can't take such a generalisation. Not all of them are sad and bitter twats like Howell.

Yeah I should have said "some of them are".

Online ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #1013 on: March 11, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »

He obviously has issues.  Maybe this article will act as the catalyst for him to seek and get the help he needs.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #1014 on: March 11, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »
Its just a sad reflection on troll journalism that seems to be rife. You can't report or comment on anything without actively seeking an outraged response. Its a Talk Sport world we live in.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #1015 on: March 11, 2015, 10:50:25 AM »

Surprisingly that article has now been pulled! Did somebody complain to the PCC? :D

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #1016 on: March 11, 2015, 10:57:36 AM »

This infuriates me the most here.

London media round 'ere don't give a toss about Midlands football, so I've come to expect it.

But the Meaning Evil and WM, supposedly THE local outlets, and you'd think would be the most supportive of ALL our clubs, have this clear anti-Villa hatred and bias. If the voice of reason is Ron Toss, once a week on a radio station few struggle to remember its name, we have no chance here.

Maybe we should adopt Millwall's 'no-one likes us' song?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #1017 on: March 11, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
It's not just us. When you consider what's gone on in recent years with the ownership of Small Heath the Mail in particular have been very slow and slack.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1018 on: March 11, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »

This infuriates me the most here.

London media round 'ere don't give a toss about Midlands football, so I've come to expect it.

But the Meaning Evil and WM, supposedly THE local outlets, and you'd think would be the most supportive of ALL our clubs, have this clear anti-Villa hatred and bias. If the voice of reason is Ron Toss, once a week on a radio station few struggle to remember its name, we have no chance here.

Maybe we should adopt Millwall's 'no-one likes us' song?

I can confirm that MK Dons already adopted that song

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1019 on: March 11, 2015, 11:45:56 AM »
Our problem has been that we don't care if anyone likes us. Compare and contrast to the Stripeys twenty year charm offensive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal